ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Help Please, Radiator Split (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/476257-help-please-radiator-split.html)

Eprom 09 December 2005 11:47 AM

Help Please, Radiator Split

Car let me down yesterday for the first time in Six Years, Split end, on side of radiator, never seen so much steam, does anyone know how much, or the best place to get one from, before i phone the dealer.

It's a MY UK99 Classic

Moley 09 December 2005 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Eprom
Car let me down yesterday for the first time in Six Years, Split end, on side of radiator, never seen so much steam, does anyone know how much, or the best place to get one from, before i phone the dealer.

It's a MY UK99 Classic

Was it the plastic bit on the side of the rad?
If so mine has just done exactly the same thing. I have bought a second had radiator for £30.
A guy i work with had the same on his old Type R, so presume it is a common problem.
Speak to Jason on 01709 555155 (scoobybits), he has some new ones in stock and can get them delivered.

Eprom 09 December 2005 12:03 PM

Yes same place, looked like i was using a smoke screen, antifreeze all over the exhaust system.

I will give Jason a ring to find out how much.

Thanks for the advice Moley.

GrahamG 09 December 2005 12:19 PM

i have to do mine too..... Don't buy a second hand one... not worth it.. they are cheap enough to buy a new one.

G.

Moley 09 December 2005 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by GrahamG
i have to do mine too..... Don't buy a second hand one... not worth it.. they are cheap enough to buy a new one.

G.

Had to get a second hand one as have just bought some 4 pots and lots of x-mas presents this month!!!!!

Can get em fitted free anyway, so as long as it does me till new year i don't mind too much

Eprom 09 December 2005 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by GrahamG

G.

What do we call cheap? Just been quoted £145 plus vat, plus delivery, that works out at about £180.00, and thats not from a dealer, might phone the dealer for a laugh.

paul-s 10 December 2005 02:13 PM

I got a second hand one for 60, on my previous 98 turbo. Piece of cake to change too. The tank down the side cracked after a bit of a high speed motorway run :Suspiciou

The 2nd hand one done me good from then on

JCScooby 10 December 2005 03:46 PM

The one on my car came with a lifetime warranty, but it was there when i bought the car from its previous owner, im afraid i dont know the make of it but u should look into it as it may save u money in the long run mate.

birtywrx 10 December 2005 04:34 PM

i have just bought a new one this morning, £163 incl vat.

stann01 10 December 2005 07:22 PM

it went on mine the same

done a search on google and found a place in nottingham that just does rads
and it was £117 delivered brand new, and fitted it myself piece of cake.....

gotmashed 11 December 2005 11:30 AM

yep just got one off ebay £110 to my door

lightwave693 11 December 2005 04:51 PM

Got mine from ebay £120 brand new to my door and fittings a doddle.

Rich

Raartoot 11 December 2005 05:00 PM

I bought a brand new for mine £124 inclusive of vat, thats from where I live " Leicester Radiators"..

birtywrx 11 December 2005 05:32 PM

it seems to me like ive been had! :eek2: oh well, its right now!! hope you get it sorted mate! if you change it yourself watch the fan cowling! they were razor sharp on mine!!!

Raartoot 11 December 2005 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by birtywrx
it seems to me like ive been had! :eek2: oh well, its right now!! hope you get it sorted mate! if you change it yourself watch the fan cowling! they were razor sharp on mine!!!

Good point mate, Mine was too, Very healthy on the knuckles, especially in this weather:eek:

jaytc2003 11 December 2005 06:12 PM

best bet is to remove the radiator complete with the cowling. Jsut remember to disconnect the fan/s first. Remove the cowling when the radiator is out of the car, much easier and saves on the knuckle flesh!

Harvez 11 December 2005 07:20 PM

Mines just gone to :( been qouted 130quid from a local dealer and as everyone has said its a piece of cake to change ill change it Friday on my much needed day off :D

joe2dee 11 December 2005 08:43 PM

i got one last tuesday £101 inc vat and fitted from xtremescoobys (boreham in essex)

Eprom 11 December 2005 08:46 PM

Thanks for all the advice, one on it's way from ebay.

birtywrx 12 December 2005 07:40 AM

i dit take mine out complete jay, cut myself disconnecting the fan! nearly slit my wrist! noooooooooo! :eek:

jaytc2003 12 December 2005 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by birtywrx
i dit take mine out complete jay, cut myself disconnecting the fan! nearly slit my wrist! noooooooooo! :eek:

I just disconnected the one fan connector (didnt realise there were 2 connectors one for each fan) and then just yanked it out. Luckily the other connector didnt get too damaged!!

justanotherperson 12 December 2005 11:25 AM

mine went on my 02WRX got it done under waranty,*phew*

GrahamG 12 December 2005 11:31 AM

Got mine for £98 from the local A.R.E

G.