ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   HOW TO RESET ECU on MY02 STi Bue Eye (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/476211-how-to-reset-ecu-on-my02-sti-bue-eye.html)

aerofoil 09 December 2005 07:55 AM

HOW TO RESET ECU on MY02 STi Bue Eye

Hi guys

Does anyone know how to reset the ecu on my car?

i have removed the air resonator box ans filter and replaced it with a short arm elbow and k&n airfilter. this effect is essentially the same as fitting a cold air induction kit but keeps the car looking stok from the engine bay. the only problem is that it coughs and splutters a bit on starting. might need ecu reset in light of 'induction modifications'

any help would be greatly appreciated.

alloy 09 December 2005 09:40 AM

Disconnect your black battery connection, then depress brake pedal for about 10 seconds, connect it back up and your done! This solved my problems :thumb:

aerofoil 09 December 2005 09:51 AM

many thanks alloy.

Chachi 09 December 2005 10:02 AM

What does this do exactly? I've just done similar with my bugeye WRX and the boost now hunts a bit when accelerating hard? will this 'Reset' help ?

alloy 09 December 2005 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chachi
What does this do exactly? I've just done similar with my bugeye WRX and the boost now hunts a bit when accelerating hard? will this 'Reset' help ?

not sure, always worth a try very much doubt it will do any harm. I did it as mine was stalling and spluttering badly on start up when i had my induction on, this cured it,but now i have reverted back to the airbox much better:thumb:

calvinc 09 December 2005 10:19 AM

download my software and do it through that. takes 5 seconds, rather than disconnecting the battery.

the software is free from www.tari.co.za.

calvin.

pauld37 09 December 2005 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by alloy
Disconnect your black battery connection, then depress brake pedal for about 10 seconds, connect it back up and your done! This solved my problems :thumb:

Did you do this to a newage car? thought it was only posible on classics

alloy 09 December 2005 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37
Did you do this to a newage car? thought it was only posible on classics

yep did it on a new age import bug eye and it sorted the problem out!!:thumb:

Midlife...... 09 December 2005 04:27 PM

AFAIK disconnectiong the battery and draining any residual capacitors by pressing the brake pedal will wipe out any "learning" that the ECU has undergone and will also re-set the advance multiplier.

This is not a "true" reset which can only be sorted by a SECS or a Select monitor attached to the ODB port under the steering wheel.

I thought the ECU had a "Cold start" setup which wouldn't be affested. Also at idle the ECU is open loop and reading the Lambda to try and achieve stoich which again isn't affected by a re-set.

Maybe the Induction kit is fooling the MAF, When I had my Induction kit fitted I had to have the MAF re-scaled in the ECU (Via EcuTeK)

The Standard airbox with a panel filter was good enough for 325 BHP out of my modded MY02 bugeye :D :D

Shaun