ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Failed MOT, please help...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/475059-failed-mot-please-help.html)

DaiZX 03 December 2005 04:42 PM

Failed MOT, please help......

1994 WRX sti wagon, took for mot today and failed on rotten back two sections of the exhaust. Its and import.

Need to get these parts asap. want to spend as LITTLE as poss as got no dosh, so where can i get these two sections as cheap as i can.

thanks for any suggestions.

Dai (scooby newbie !!):)

GC8 03 December 2005 05:18 PM

Perhaps the cheapest option, would be to buy a New Age STI back box from someone whos had a PPP fitted. The price will be anything from £10 upwards; chancers will try to sell it for a lot more of course... It'll need a little adapting to fit but its fundamentally the same.

Simon

mart360 03 December 2005 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by DaiZX
1994 WRX sti wagon, took for mot today and failed on rotten back two sections of the exhaust. Its and import.

Need to get these parts asap. want to spend as LITTLE as poss as got no dosh, so where can i get these two sections as cheap as i can.

thanks for any suggestions.

Dai (scooby newbie !!):)

sell the car then mate!!!

if you got no dosh, you dont run a scooby.. seriously!! these things empty wallets faster than women!!!:D:D:D

go see your local scooby stealers, and ask if they have any old ppp changed b/boxes knocking around.. i payed 20 notes for mine

Mart :D:D

DaiZX 03 December 2005 07:40 PM

thanks, i think. !!

where's the best place to get one new????

DaiZX 03 December 2005 07:42 PM

Will a normal WRX exhaust be the same as the Sti ? ? ?

seems to be a 3" system, though not stainless steel.

Dai

mgscooby 03 December 2005 07:50 PM

another place to try is bucks subura its high wycombe way, he's a breakers who seems to have most parts, especialy for the import as ive used him several times, and always good on price

DaiZX 03 December 2005 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by mgscooby
another place to try is bucks subura its high wycombe way, he's a breakers who seems to have most parts, especialy for the import as ive used him several times, and always good on price

thanks, do you have a number ? ?

scoobfan 04 December 2005 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by mart360
sell the car then mate!!!

if you got no dosh, you dont run a scooby.. seriously!! these things empty wallets faster than women!!!:D:D:D

go see your local scooby stealers, and ask if they have any old ppp changed b/boxes knocking around.. i payed 20 notes for mine

Mart :D:D

Anything with Tit's and Tyres will cost money mate !!!! ;)

Rob

lightwave693 04 December 2005 01:52 AM

got rid of my mrs money drainer for the scoob lol!

wide 04 December 2005 08:09 AM

:lol: