ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   So has the country been torn apart.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/473906-so-has-the-country-been-torn-apart.html)

suprabeast 28 November 2005 01:16 PM

So has the country been torn apart....

....by drink fuelled thugs binging until the early hours and smashing everything up??

Or did the first weekend of late night licensing laws go ok??

It appears that there isn't much news on the subject anymore, the papers seem to have forgotten about it all of a sudden

TelBoy 28 November 2005 01:16 PM

Afternoon UB :)

paul-s 28 November 2005 01:17 PM

I hear it was a 'quieter' weekend than normal. made use of the laws myself :D

pslewis 28 November 2005 01:19 PM

Looks like New Labour got something else right then?? :D :D

Scoobynet salutes you Labour .... you stand by what you are doing and all the doom mongers get shown up :D

Pete

CrisPDuk 28 November 2005 01:21 PM

Based on just one weekend's experience in my home town, people seemed a lot more relaxed than usual, there were no groups of numpties rushing to get p!ssed before last orders anyway:thumb:

suprabeast 28 November 2005 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Scoobynet salutes you Labour .... you stand by what you are doing and all the doom mongers get shown up :D

Pete

Not quite sure of the "salutes you" , but it is one of the rules that suits me (being in that 20-25 thats goes out a lot bracket)

Butkus 28 November 2005 05:17 PM

I was out on Friday and Saturday night. There was definitely a more chilled out atmosphere out and about. We ended up staying in one place until 1:30am (when they were closing) and people had just been slowly drifting out the door as it got later.

fast bloke 29 November 2005 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete

You would sort of think that after 8 years of tryng they would have to get something right. I hope we don't have to suffer them for another 8 years before they do something else useful

StickyMicky 29 November 2005 09:47 AM

the fact is that most people pretty much want to go to sleep by about 3am anyway, just let them get tired and sleepy and they will not fight lol

TonyG 29 November 2005 10:44 AM

Pretty much business as usual in my locale over the weekend

SJ_Skyline 29 November 2005 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by fast bloke
You would sort of think that after 8 years of tryng they would have to get something right. I hope we don't have to suffer them for another 8 years before they do something else useful

Take a million monkeys, sitting at a million typewriters and eventually you will realise that you are standing in the middle of the public sector ;)

unclebuck 29 November 2005 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by suprabeast
....by drink fuelled thugs binging until the early hours and smashing everything up??

Or did the first weekend of late night licensing laws go ok??

It appears that there isn't much news on the subject anymore, the papers seem to have forgotten about it all of a sudden

Certainly more broken glasses and smashed bottles than usual around Guildford on Monday morning. As for whether it went 'ok' I guess you would have to ask the poor sods who live close by these sh*thole pubs or the Police and Emergency services all of which have to live with the consequences of the latest New Labour folly.