ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   McAfee ANTIVIRUS (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/473357-mcafee-antivirus.html)

baz69birds 25 November 2005 04:17 PM

McAfee ANTIVIRUS

Hello This may sound really funny/strange..

i was chatting to one of our MEMBERS @ Posers Cruise/Halfway House.
& alone came this topic..
A kind member said they could give me there disc to save me BUYING the anti virus (as skint :( )
My 30 day trial from PANDA has ended & we dont like it.....
So please please could the person i was chatting to contact me about this info/ anti virus.
as i CANT REMEMBER who i was chatting to???
Thank you :iamwithst
BAZ :)

baz69birds 25 November 2005 04:29 PM

also
does any1 have PHOTOSHOP???
do you have a disc i could borrow!! £££ i dont mind giving you a drink.
& for the one above aswell ££
BAZ ;)

John1uk 25 November 2005 05:30 PM

this is no way at getting at you baz, this is just some friendly advice mate..........take it or leave it ;)

from what i have heard your system is not very stable! Panda anti virus is highly recomemnded throughout the world and is a best seller along with Norton.

If you dont like panda, it may be due to problems already on your system. putting another antivirus on may or will cause you a bigger head ache.

john.......

Mrs Baz 25 November 2005 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by John1uk
this is no way at getting at you baz, this is just some friendly advice mate..........take it or leave it ;)

from what i have heard your system is not very stable! Panda anti virus is highly recomemnded throughout the world and is a best seller along with Norton.

If you dont like panda, it may be due to problems already on your system. putting another antivirus on may or will cause you a bigger head ache.

john.......

Thanks for the advice John, :) but when we bought the p.c 2yrs ago we were given Panda to put on the p.c and even then things didn't run properly, after about 3mths I took it off restored the p.c back to factory settings bought Norton and had no problems, Norton has since run out and just thought about trying a new anti virus, it was mentioned to Baz about McAfee being given to us. Hence the reason for the thread but think will just buy Norton again and stick that back on :rolleyes: :D

Budgie 25 November 2005 05:53 PM

diane
you have pm

budgie

Milamber 25 November 2005 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by baz69birds
also
does any1 have PHOTOSHOP???
do you have a disc i could borrow!! £££ i dont mind giving you a drink.
& for the one above aswell ££
BAZ ;)

Elements or CS2?

dodgy copy

baz69birds 25 November 2005 07:09 PM

well wont be getting that...
even if it saves me £480.00
;)

BAZ ;)

John1uk 25 November 2005 11:38 PM

well wont be getting that...
even if it saves me £480.00
;)

BAZ ;)

you can have my copy of photoshop 7 mate. i dont use it anymore.

baz69birds 26 November 2005 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by John1uk
you can have my copy of photoshop 7 mate. i dont use it anymore.

CHEERS MATE ;)

was going/wanted to use it in the 50 cars you want ;)

baz69birds 26 November 2005 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by peter budgen
diane
you have pm

budgie

Thanks BUDGIE
done that P.C is now FU(K3D:iamwithst

Budgie 26 November 2005 05:30 PM

Thanks BUDGIE
done that P.C is now FU(K3D:iamwithst

sorry m8
only trying to help
worked fine for me

budgie

Mrs spec'c'57 26 November 2005 07:05 PM

In my honest opinion (and also working for a security software reseller) no AV software that works well is FREE, you pay for yearly licences which allows to call their support when you have problems and download the latest definitions/updates to protect your pc from the latest virus outbreaks etc....

So long as your pc has a decent size memory and RAM you shouldn't have a problem using most AV software.
Being partner with F-Secure i get the perk of free subscription for my laptop, i find it works well and i never have a problem...touch wood.
I also know that F-Secure is also very cheap......not trying to plug the product just being honest.....

@-LeWi-77 28 November 2005 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs spec'c'57
In my honest opinion (and also working for a security software reseller) no AV software that works well is FREE, you pay for yearly licences which allows to call their support when you have problems and download the latest definitions/updates to protect your pc from the latest virus outbreaks etc....

So long as your pc has a decent size memory and RAM you shouldn't have a problem using most AV software.
Being partner with F-Secure i get the perk of free subscription for my laptop, i find it works well and i never have a problem...touch wood.
I also know that F-Secure is also very cheap......not trying to plug the product just being honest.....

norton is not a free software either :norty:
ANYONE?? :)

ok - i will go to the corner again... sorry

Mrs Baz 29 November 2005 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs spec'c'57
you pay for yearly licences which allows to call their support when you have problems

Sorry to butt in but even once you have paid for the product and registered it you still have to pay additional charges for technical help even online technical help, whats the good of that. :rolleyes:

Mrs Baz :)

Spec'c'57 30 November 2005 10:12 AM

;) im sure lin will be along to help out soon.... ;)

Mrs spec'c'57 30 November 2005 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Mrs Baz]Sorry to butt in but even once you have paid for the product and registered it you still have to pay additional charges for technical help even online technical help, whats the good of that. :rolleyes:

Mrs Baz :)[/QUOTE

With what AV software are you talking about ??:confused:

Mrs Baz 30 November 2005 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=Mrs spec'c'57]

Originally Posted by Mrs Baz
Sorry to butt in but even once you have paid for the product and registered it you still have to pay additional charges for technical help even online technical help, whats the good of that. :rolleyes:

Mrs Baz :)[/QUOTE

With what AV software are you talking about ??:confused:

Norton