ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Which new car (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/472143-which-new-car.html)

steppers 20 November 2005 08:39 AM

Which new car

Putting my sti ppp up for sale here very soon and looking for something sensible
currently on the list

Seat Altea
Mercedes A Class
Honda FRV
PT Cruiser

You get the idea anyone had these or other (Sensible) suggestions welcome
cheers

Jamo 20 November 2005 08:46 AM

I have had a test drive in an A class and also a pt cruiser.

the merc was horrible! it felt wrong steering was cack, suspension was cack, I felt clostrophobic (sp)

the cruiser was a nice drive if drove sensible all the time, but the car just didnt respond, it felt wrong when you went round a corner to quick, when you had to brake hard it turned into a boat.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact I had been driving an impreza before hand, but you know, its going to be the same for you.

have you considered a new age forrester?

James :)

steppers 20 November 2005 09:28 AM

good thinking shaggy no i hadnt
and was it the new a class or the old shape
because they reckon the handling has been improved

eldudereno 20 November 2005 11:51 AM

Drove a Seat Altea 2.0 tdi hire car in Feb, it was very nice indeed.

Jamo 20 November 2005 02:59 PM

it was about 3 months ago and they were both new cars? so I am guessing the new one? have a word with simon (gc8) about the forrester I think he is doing some research on them.

hth

Jamo :)

GC8 20 November 2005 03:12 PM

Im considering an old-age Forester S/tb; 250PS for next to f*ck-all! I think that I can land and register one for well short of £4,000 and itll be so stealthy that itll make my silver 'Wagon look like a charver showing-off in McDonalds car park!

Simon :)

Jamo 20 November 2005 03:22 PM

what year will you get for that much simon?

GC8 20 November 2005 03:35 PM

A Grade4 1997; you can probably get the more expensive T/tb for not too much more, but its automatic only. Strangely the Forester is one of the few vehciles that is bought to import in Britain where the auto sells for more, so itll be the cheap manual that Im looking for.

Jamo 20 November 2005 03:59 PM

how much would I get for my 94 wagon realistically?

PG 20 November 2005 04:27 PM

My parents current cars include an A class and a Cruiser.
The A class is an Ellegance iirc. It is the derv version and I have to admit I like it a lot. My only criticism would be that the engine is perhaps a bit noisey.
The Cruiser is a strange one. Again it is ther derv powered one. The Merc engine drives it along very well indeed. It is the Limited that they have with the suede and leather, the spec you get for your cash is rather impressive and they are very comfortable.
All that said I think it looks like a pig:D. Its a bit of a 'marmite' car but I do drive my old mans but only as it has dark tints ;)

GC8 20 November 2005 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
how much would I get for my 94 wagon realistically?

... if you could sell it? The trouble is that even if its a genuinely nice car its up against the dock-auction bought f*ckwit-owned ****e thats flooded the market. If you bought it recently though you shouldnt have to sell it for a deal less than it owes you... when someone comes along who wants one and can tell the difference.

Simon

Jamo 20 November 2005 04:49 PM

thing is how long will it take to get it from buying it?

GC8 20 November 2005 05:55 PM

If, hypothetically, you bought one on this week itd probably be here in six weeks at the outside and cleared (subject to you paying HM C&E promptly) within a week. You could have it within seven weeks although it may take a couple of extra weeks depending when the next Liverpool sailing is (Southamptons makes a nice day out though). If youre interested in a Forester James, I'll help you to import one for the cost of a few beers. It'll be nice importing one that I dont end up keeping.....

Simon :)