ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   this week i have mostly been listning to , THE ARCTIC MONKEYS! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/470131-this-week-i-have-mostly-been-listning-to-the-arctic-monkeys.html)

M444GY 10 November 2005 08:06 PM

this week i have mostly been listning to , THE ARCTIC MONKEYS!

and they rock !

downloaded some tracks off the net and bought the single, you look good on the dance floor , and im hooked . number 1 last week!

This is the future of music to come:D

wakeboardar 10 November 2005 08:17 PM

this week i have mostly been listening to ARCADE FIRE

M444GY 10 November 2005 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by wakeboardar
this week i have mostly been listening to ARCADE FIRE

lol:D

heard some of their stuf , quite good .

16vmarc 10 November 2005 08:38 PM

This week i have mostly being listening to Incubus :cool:

Poor Guy 10 November 2005 08:58 PM

arctic monkeys rule.
live in Doncaster too so its bloody good to hear a local accent/dialect on good tracks

davegtt 10 November 2005 09:28 PM

Ive been listening to Jack Johnson.... 20 times in a row Ive listened to his album its its not worn thin at all... LOVING IT!!!!!!!

Boss passed the new madonna album onto me today though, actually quite impressed, might give it a couple more listens, found the first 5 tracks ok, the rest sounded a little repetative thou

Chip Sengravy 10 November 2005 10:07 PM

I have mostly been listening to the offspring.

did the arctic monkeys the week before last ;)

scoobyster 10 November 2005 10:25 PM

Yep, Arctic Monkeys are fab. I told the lead singer they were gonna make it when I saw him out in the Leadmill sometime around Feb - love telling that story as I'm a self confessed pretentious indie kid. I've noticed them at loads of gigs and indie nights in the past few months, they've vanished in the past couple of weeks tho ;) Well deserved success imo, I hope they continue to do well.

Here's a good way to share what we've "mostly been listening to"... I'm Jamp.

http://www.last.fm/group/Impreza%2BOwners

King RA 10 November 2005 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY
and they rock !

downloaded some tracks off the net and bought the single, you look good on the dance floor , and im hooked . number 1 last week!

This is the future of music to come:D

Arctic monkeys suck, just like every other indie band. Bunch of gays, thats what they are. ;)

Jaydee5 10 November 2005 10:32 PM

Stay with Cinderella and Whitesnake :notworthy You can't go wrong :thumb:

M444GY 10 November 2005 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by King RA
Arctic monkeys suck, just like every other indie band. Bunch of gays, thats what they are. ;)

scott u are gay :freak3: u gay ! :D

M444GY 10 November 2005 11:32 PM

good to hear lots of people are picking them up aswell. alot of good bands just pass on through without getting noticed!

Nat 11 November 2005 08:38 AM

They're ****, well over rated and under talented.

Poor Guy 11 November 2005 08:50 AM

They're ****, well over rated and under talented.
I think youre wrong there. Compared to other bands on the market the Arctic Monkeys are pretty good. I like the return to solos in their songs (esecially choo choo) too which you rarely hear these days.

SupaMiniCupa 11 November 2005 09:01 AM

I did hear a comment that it was "nice to see the Libertines in the chart again under their new name, 'The Arctic Monkeys'". Thats said, they seem good to me from what I've heard.

Recently I've been listening to the first two Elbow albums, before seeing them in Brum next Tues night :)

Nat 11 November 2005 09:12 AM

I've been liking Maximo Park, and The Rakes lately.

Big a1 11 November 2005 09:18 AM

Inme / White Butterfly

Fightstar

Blink 182 / Self titled

Embrace / dry kids when it arrives from Amazon

Thats what has been in my car in the last wk or so.

Jap2Scrap 11 November 2005 09:18 AM

A 21st Century version of Terrorvision IMO.

If you like Arctic Monkeys check out TV's "Formaldehyde", "How To Make Friends And Influence People" and to a lesser extent "Regular Urban Survivors."

M444GY 11 November 2005 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
A 21st Century version of Terrorvision IMO.

If you like Arctic Monkeys check out TV's "Formaldehyde", "How To Make Friends And Influence People" and to a lesser extent "Regular Urban Survivors."

seen tv live and it was mad :D