ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WR Sport Back Box - What can I expect? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/470044-wr-sport-back-box-what-can-i-expect.html)

wilko44 10 November 2005 01:56 PM

WR Sport Back Box - What can I expect?

Have just picked one of these up on e-bay far a good price - Considering that they are an official Subaru part costing £350.
Will be fitting to my 04 STI.
What can I expect in terms of changes to noise and power?
Can I expect any appreciable difference?

The Trooper 1815 10 November 2005 03:06 PM

Got one on my WRX 01MY UK. Nice noise not at all intrusive, power gains not to sure without de-cat etc. Still looks good.

Neilo 10 November 2005 04:22 PM

nothing noticable in power, just a nicer noise....thats about it. I persnally prefer the look on the stock STI backbox to it, but at least this ones a little bit bigger.

Sport160 10 November 2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by wilko44
Have just picked one of these up on e-bay far a good price - Considering that they are an official Subaru part costing £350.
Will be fitting to my 04 STI.
What can I expect in terms of changes to noise and power?
Can I expect any appreciable difference?

Yes I know you pipped me at the post :mad: so to speak !! There I was sat there watching the end of the auction, thought it was mine til I got the email from fleebay.

Oh well thats life, hope it sounds good :thumb:

Trap2Terrorist 10 November 2005 04:58 PM

It should give you a better exhaust note but no discernable power increase. http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon14.gif

wilko44 10 November 2005 05:14 PM

Sport 160 - Sorry about that!
I have been pipped at the post so many times myself with e-bay, so I finally decided to play it like the pro's!
If you see something there you like, put it on your watch list, and make sure you are there when the aution ends.
When the time ticks down to less than 1 minute, get your bid in - but not before!
Put in as much as you want to pay, and the chances are that you will get it for less than that - dependant on how your top figure is above the current bid price.
Hey presto, the opposition is blown away and it's yours!
Keep an eye out though, because if I do not like it, it may be back on there soon!

Ministry Maniac 10 November 2005 06:00 PM

I put a vortex bb on my 05sti which sounded great, but I decided I wanted something a bit more WRC.

Getting a Blitz NurspecR system fitted tomorrow!!!!!!

Hope my neighbours understand:)

Sport160 10 November 2005 09:23 PM

Wilko44 good advice cheers mate, I've not often bid on anything before, so still learning.

Think you will probably like it if your looking for a subtle burble, if your looking for more than this then I guess we will see it on e-bay soon.

wilko44 12 November 2005 04:25 PM

Just to update you on this, I received the back box and just been for a spin after fitting.
The result - Absolutely perfect - exactly what I was after. Not too loud, but a lovely burble.
£79 very well spent I would say.

Sport 160 - Sorry to rub your nose in it, but you really have missed a treat!

DEEDEE 12 November 2005 07:50 PM

I have a WR Sport slight oval on my MY99. Great, slight noise through gears, just enough and can still hear myself think. No tooth ache when on along run. Bargin at £50 and mid section with cat at £20 - £70 total Happiness

Mutts Nutts 12 November 2005 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by wilko44
Sport 160 - Sorry about that!
I have been pipped at the post so many times myself with e-bay, so I finally decided to play it like the pro's!
If you see something there you like, put it on your watch list, and make sure you are there when the aution ends.
When the time ticks down to less than 1 minute, get your bid in - but not before!
Put in as much as you want to pay, and the chances are that you will get it for less than that - dependant on how your top figure is above the current bid price.
Hey presto, the opposition is blown away and it's yours!
Keep an eye out though, because if I do not like it, it may be back on there soon!

All the pros use http://www.ezsniper.com/ :thumb:

I never ebay without it :norty:

Mutts Nutts 12 November 2005 09:56 PM

I had one of these (now sold awaiting buyer to collect) and the sound it gave was the reason I bought it, It was the perfect upgrade to the factory pea shooters. There was no power increase but brought that lovely flat 4 burble to life, and great if you want to keep your warranty/ keep it all genuine as its dealer kit.

I am looking for more power now, so although I could have simply hooked up the decats to the WR box, i whent the whole hog and a got a H&S BB, with the full decat to come :norty:
With the H&S Ninja box on it has taken the sound to an all new level above that of the WR sport, but then you do have to pay for it. Not sure if i'd ever pay full price for a WR sport box when you can get them in plentyfull supply in here. if you can get one second hand they are seriously good vfm, not sure they are worth the full dealer new price, when you can get the H&S / TSL etc for a lot less, but if you must keep it all genuine dealer kit for warranty you cant grumble at the WR Sport, its a seriously good bit of kit to be had at a second owner price :thumb: