ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   BHP for a 94 sti sports wagon (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/469383-bhp-for-a-94-sti-sports-wagon.html)

RM STI 1 07 November 2005 04:54 PM

BHP for a 94 sti sports wagon

can any one help am lookin to buy one and would like to no more about them

sti69 07 November 2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by RM STI 1
can any one help am lookin to buy one and would like to no more about them

Hi RM STI 1.

I own a MY94 STI ver.1 and in japan there had 250bhp at 100ron petrol so you'll need to run it on optimax with octane booster to help maintain that bhp.

Cos its an STI you'll have a blueprinted engine with forged pistons (much stronger than wrx's!) plus other bits around the car has the STI treatment ie strut braces,i/c water spray,STI seats,spoilers and there should be a STI stamp in the engine bay near top suspension mount (mine is 158 of 200 made).
If its got a boost gauge then you should be running between 1 to 1.25bar (14-16psi). Also ive been told that the MY94 STI engines are the stronger built (quote me if im wrong guys!!).

Saloons are better looking tho... unless you need the space then the wagon STI is a good buy!!!

Pedroskate 07 November 2005 08:24 PM

Hmmm!!!

Quote: Saloons are better looking tho...

I like to deliver crushing defeats without a fanfare!
Thing of the wagon as a "Stealth Bomber" :eek2:

RM STI 1 07 November 2005 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by sti69
Hi RM STI 1.

I own a MY94 STI ver.1 and in japan there had 250bhp at 100ron petrol so you'll need to run it on optimax with octane booster to help maintain that bhp.

Cos its an STI you'll have a blueprinted engine with forged pistons (much stronger than wrx's!) plus other bits around the car has the STI treatment ie strut braces,i/c water spray,STI seats,spoilers and there should be a STI stamp in the engine bay near top suspension mount (mine is 158 of 200 made).
If its got a boost gauge then you should be running between 1 to 1.25bar (14-16psi). Also ive been told that the MY94 STI engines are the stronger built (quote me if im wrong guys!!).

Saloons are better looking tho... unless you need the space then the wagon STI is a good buy!!!

thanks that helps loads

LegacySTi 07 November 2005 10:00 PM

@sti69 wat colour is your dash/console/doorcards???? is it dark grey or black????

Also same question to @rm sti1

RM STI 1 07 November 2005 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by LegacySTi
@sti69 wat colour is your dash/console/doorcards???? is it dark grey or black????

dash is grey and doorcards are black i think .. why???

LegacySTi 10 November 2005 12:26 AM

Ah just lookin for sti doorcards for my wagon abd my dash is grey. Most saloon STi are black dash and i know STi wagon is grey so need to know where else to look!

sti69 10 November 2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by LegacySTi

Hi LegacySTI.

All black m8,not sure if all saloons are the same colour tho!!