ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Brakes gone AGAIN......... (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/468890-brakes-gone-again.html)

cookstar 05 November 2005 12:47 PM

Brakes gone AGAIN.........

Yes after a little over 4 months my front pads are starting to make that noise agin, can you get aftermarket/upgraded ones for the same/a little more than OE part, i think i will change the disks this time as well.

I will be doing my own searches for this but if anyone has any ideas to put forward i would apreciate it

Cheers

Cookie :)

For clarification 02WRX

Cornelius 05 November 2005 12:54 PM

stop buying plastercine lined pads;)

as you're getting through so many pads, you're best off buying a big brake conversion

Mark_B4 and I have the 330mm conversion which comes withs disks, rotors, fitting kit, race prepped callipers and hawk performance pads which is guaranteed for upto 400BHP, cost us 650 quid, well worth the money,

cookstar 05 November 2005 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius

as you're getting through so many pads, you're best off buying a big brake conversion

Mark_B4 and I have the 330mm conversion which comes withs disks, rotors, fitting kit, race prepped callipers and hawk performance pads which is guaranteed for upto 400BHP, cost us 650 quid, well worth the money,

I spose id be looking at half that anyway to replace OE pads and discs, it prob is the best thing to do. How long have you had them fitted and how long do pads etc last?

Silly question now but... Did you notice a big difference in day to day driving or is it only when you push them hard?

Adidas 05 November 2005 01:02 PM

I've got a spare anchor if you're looking for one!!!!!

cookstar 05 November 2005 01:04 PM

:D :D :p

Originally Posted by Adidas
I've got a spare anchor if you're looking for one!!!!!

cookstar 05 November 2005 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius

Is that a supply only price, and if so how much work is involved in fitting and setting up?

Cornelius 05 November 2005 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
I spose id be looking at half that anyway to replace OE pads and discs, it prob is the best thing to do. How long have you had them fitted and how long do pads etc last?

Silly question now but... Did you notice a big difference in day to day driving or is it only when you push them hard?

I've had them fitted for about 3 months now, and the pads are still fine, though to be honest, they have got to be warmed up before they are fully effective.

Difference?? they make the old brakes feel like they won't stop a 950 popular plus fiesta!!

I'm extremely happy with the brakes, though after talking to Mark_B4, we agree that the brakes would be even better if they had the Ferrodo 2500 pads.
My car can now easily and safely out brake most cars, I'd say that the kit is as good, if not better than the STI Brembos

I'd definately recommend them to anyone

Cornelius 05 November 2005 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
Is that a supply only price, and if so how much work is involved in fitting and setting up?

thats supply only, with around 20 for postage.

Fitting is easy, it's a well made kit, so it just bolts straight on with no bother at all.

I also fitted Goodridge braided hoses (Thanks Xtreme Scoobies:notworthy )

just remember that when fitting, the bleed nipples go at the top ;)

cost:

650 - brake conversion
20 - Dot 5.1 brake fluid
55 - Braided hoses

(Sorry I can't get pound signs up as my keyboard driver is messed up and can't remember how to change it)

Cornelius 05 November 2005 01:20 PM

or the other thing I was going to do was to get STI 8 disks and do my own conversion

FLAT ERIC 05 November 2005 05:13 PM

£650 - brake conversion
£20 - Dot 5.1 brake fluid
£55 - Braided hoses

Plus one to one & a half hours labour.

And here's a few spares you can have for later Cornelius :-

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Mark ;)

Cornelius 05 November 2005 05:14 PM

cheers mate, they will come in handy :D