ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   gate crash (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/468278-gate-crash.html)

2000wrx 02 November 2005 07:12 PM

gate crash

just testing the water is any one up for gate crashing the RS owner club tuesday the 8th november, if so well meet up and convoy down,well gate crash and maybe have a drink then leave it up to you should be a bit of fun
:norty:

Her at the back 02 November 2005 07:44 PM

were about do they meet?

2000wrx 02 November 2005 07:46 PM

a127 halfway house

cookstar 02 November 2005 07:50 PM

One thing to bear in mind if this goes ahead, the POLICE are everywhere when the RS boys have a meet, just be carefull you dont get baited.

rhybeck 02 November 2005 08:00 PM

its been done (not by me) not that interesting m8

watch out 4 the 4wd safs ;)

2000wrx 02 November 2005 08:00 PM

we'll have to take a slow drive down, do a bit of a fly by but only at the speed limit we don't want any oe to get pulled , oh please no flammers cause the police will love that i apparently it a instant nick so slowly slowly drive.

we can all meet up at the normal tescos and drive down past the pub to the next turn off give the cars a bit of a rev as we go past and the ran sack the car park fall of scoobys and go and have a drink as so maybe wear PINK shirts to show we are a club and not a wannabe club like the essex RS owners club that is badly organised hope i spelt that rightdon't want to sound stupid)

2000wrx 02 November 2005 08:04 PM

safs might be quick but this is about being a club and not an RS boy racer and theres a lot of RS owners members that would love to there club as oranised as ESC it just for a bit of club fun

2000wrx 02 November 2005 08:06 PM

plus a friend of mine is a saf owner and has just been had 3 page spread in fast ford just a bit of friendly compation

rhybeck 02 November 2005 08:17 PM

your going to go to a rs meet wearing the pink shirts?????? do you not think that make the gate crash a good chance for the rs boys to rip the piss
http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/poke.gifhttp://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/LOL.gif

2000wrx 02 November 2005 08:50 PM

may be, but it will be funny and im esc member through and through, it just for a laugh let them rip the piss and only reason they have RSes is because they can't afford REAL CARS ( just some friendly banter):norty:

Gangsta Smurf 02 November 2005 08:55 PM

I have a few mates who are part of the various ford clubs. they think the majority of Subaru drivers are arrogant pr!cks already so this prob wouldn't help change their opinion.

At the end of the day we are all enthusiasts and berating people for driving Fords, which at the end of the day are more iconic than imprezas, is not the right way to foster relations.

They don't gate crash subaru events so we shouldn't gate crash theirs. Their meets are designed for passionate ford drivers to chat and mingle with others just like them. A load of Subaru drivers turning up and sitting obviousely trying to show off would not go down well at all!!

Maybe you need to re-think. If you want an inter-club meet I would approach them officially.

cookstar 02 November 2005 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
I have a few mates who are part of the various ford clubs. they think the majority of Subaru drivers are arrogant pr!cks already so this prob wouldn't help change their opinion.

At the end of the day we are all enthusiasts and berating people for driving Fords, which at the end of the day are more iconic than imprezas, is not the right way to foster relations.

They don't gate crash subaru events so we shouldn't gate crash theirs. Their meets are designed for passionate ford drivers to chat and mingle with others just like them. A load of Subaru drivers turning up and sitting obviousely trying to show off would not go down well at all!!

Maybe you need to re-think. If you want an inter-club meet I would approach them officially.

For what its worth i agree

Phil 02 November 2005 09:27 PM

Mutual Respect to other car clubs

PLEASE

Thanks Rob [GS] & Mark [Cookie]

Gangsta Smurf 02 November 2005 10:06 PM

We have to respect the other car clubs as much as possible. The pure fact that Neil (Evo FQ 400) comes from well outside essex to attend our events is testament that the majority of us make others feel comfortable at our meets.

It's all about the cars at the end of the day and no one car is better than the other.

I'll be Pi%%ED off if I hear about any baiting of the Ford boys/and girls from here. I hang around with a lot of them on a regular basis and I'll get stick if it does happen.

cookstar 02 November 2005 10:07 PM

END OF THREAD ME THINKS

;)

@-LeWi-77 02 November 2005 10:07 PM

is that a no then :norty: :razz: :) :nono:

Phil 02 November 2005 10:13 PM

I'll be Pi%%ED off if I hear about any baiting of the Ford boys/and girls from here. I hang around with a lot of them on a regular basis and I'll get stick if it does happen.

Bugger it then of to sort those Dagenham Dustbin's out

LOL

Yep end of thread ;)

2000wrx 03 November 2005 08:20 PM

ok my bad idear i was just a thought some think to do may be get a massive club meet on the go ,ford ,subaru,evo, skyline may do a tunnel run again

Phil 03 November 2005 08:24 PM

Good idea get together :idea:

Gate crashing a monthly meet :nono:

2000wrx 03 November 2005 08:30 PM

ok then i think its a great idear more cars the better, we will need a large pub car park if anyone knows of one. if its ok with every one may i try and set some thing

John1uk 03 November 2005 08:35 PM

:razz:

2000wrx 03 November 2005 08:38 PM

lucky git i thought lewi77 would have got that corner

John1uk 03 November 2005 08:43 PM

lol ;)

Adidas 03 November 2005 08:54 PM

FWIW,

The two occaisions I've been around the RS meet, there's been a little bit of trouble.

The first time some guys were squaring up to each other in the car park of the Dick Turpin, one of the blokes jumps in his car and drives off ramming two innocent parties' cars :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

The second time (at the H/H) two people (one male, one female) had to be pulled apart by their respective partners, before they started to knock each other around.

Anyone see a bit of a trend?? ;)

Adidas 03 November 2005 08:55 PM

Oh yeah, before anyone starts, I'm a serious Ford fan too ;)

2000wrx 03 November 2005 09:27 PM

ok so leave fords out we don't want any trouble but still there evo and skyline

Cornelius 04 November 2005 05:47 PM

it's a bit late now, but I have to agree totally with Gangsta.

I was going to get a 4x4 saff cosworth but when Betts got his scoob, and started going to the meets, I decided that a scoob would be the better option. Though I still have a soft spot for classic Fords, especially the MkI and MkII RS2000, and the Capris

mmmmm, MkI RS2000, bubble arches, quad Cibies, twin DCOE's...wheres the auto trader