ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Indicators stopped flashing... (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/467321-indicators-stopped-flashing.html)

DaveA 30 October 2005 12:22 AM

Indicators stopped flashing...

I've just recently upgraded my indicators to clear ones on my classic 93' WRX and I used the silver type bulbs that came with them. 3 days later and the damn flasher has packed up and they just stay on now when u operate them and don't flash! If I change back to the standard bulbs will it work again or have I bu**ered the flasher relay? If so, where is it and how much are new ones?

Cheers for any help?!?

Dave

alcazar 30 October 2005 08:37 AM

Unlikely the bulbs have done it, it might have been on it's way any way, but just assuming they ARE faulty, try changing back.

The flasher unit is up under the dash on the driver's side. I found mine by touching it to feel it click, as there are three and you can't SEE up there very well:(

Alcazar

DaveA 30 October 2005 12:09 PM

Thanks mate - trouble is that it's not flashing at all now so can't feel it to see which it is!!! I'll have a fiddle and see if I can find it!

Cheers
Dave

DaveA 30 October 2005 01:23 PM

Ok. Found 3 relays but they say - 'rear lamp', 'rear d fro' and 'main fan'. I removed all 3, had a look at them, put them back and now the indicators don't come on at all!!! Now I can't really use the car! Help...?!?!

DaveA 30 October 2005 02:53 PM

Anyone...?

alcazar 30 October 2005 04:00 PM

If it's not up under there, (my '98 uk car IS) I can't help, sorry.

Alcazar

DaveA 30 October 2005 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar
If it's not up under there, (my '98 uk car IS) I can't help, sorry.

Alcazar

Thanks anyway mate - it's dark now so I'm just gonna have to pop to local Subaru dealer and ask them to sort it!

Cheers
Dave

DaveA 01 November 2005 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar
Unlikely the bulbs have done it, it might have been on it's way any way, but just assuming they ARE faulty, try changing back.

The flasher unit is up under the dash on the driver's side. I found mine by touching it to feel it click, as there are three and you can't SEE up there very well:(

Alcazar

Hi mate. Still looking for this flippin relay!!! I can see 3 really near to the top behind the fuse box. 2 appear to be round and one is square and a light brown colour. Is this the 3 you're talking about? I rang my Subaru dealer today and he just said it's under the drivers side dash - he couldn't be more specific! Helpful! I've hopefully managed to track down a second hand relay to replace mine but still need to know where the damn thing is so I can actually do the change!!!

Thanks
Dave

alcazar 02 November 2005 08:03 AM

Yes, those are the ones. I can't be more specific as to which is which, as I found mine by touch, as I said.

I suppose you could buy one, (dealer? electrical place?) and see which one it replaces?

Sorry I can't be more help.

Alcazar