ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Can someone please help - SVA question? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/465755-can-someone-please-help-sva-question.html)

JohnRoly 23 October 2005 11:16 AM

Can someone please help - SVA question?

Hello all,

Hope you are having a great day ;-)

Have just sold my scoob (thought I would be happy, but the 1.2 Auto Golf just isn't giving me as much fun!!), when we were exchanging documents etc, I couldn't find the SVA certificate in my folder of car stuff. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing one (not looked at the folder since buying the car!). I have the original MOT done after the SVA and the Registration for Number Plate doc, but could someone please tell me what the SVA certificate looks like, or if I am going mad?

Don't want the guy thinking I am some sort of shady bloke!!

If I have genuinely lost it (can't see how!), can i get a replacement?

Your help as always is gratefully appreciated

Thanks all

John

dj219957 23 October 2005 11:24 AM

The car may not have had one in the first place. They are only required if the car is younger than 10 years at entry into the UK

Originally Posted by JohnRoly
Hello all,

Hope you are having a great day ;-)

Have just sold my scoob (thought I would be happy, but the 1.2 Auto Golf just isn't giving me as much fun!!), when we were exchanging documents etc, I couldn't find the SVA certificate in my folder of car stuff. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing one (not looked at the folder since buying the car!). I have the original MOT done after the SVA and the Registration for Number Plate doc, but could someone please tell me what the SVA certificate looks like, or if I am going mad?

Don't want the guy thinking I am some sort of shady bloke!!

If I have genuinely lost it (can't see how!), can i get a replacement?

Your help as always is gratefully appreciated

Thanks all

John

JohnRoly 23 October 2005 11:51 AM

Car was under 10 years old, and I remember being satisfied at the time that I had all the paperwork (was from a dealer!), but looking at the VOSA site at SVA testing, it looks you get a MAC certificate rather than a SVA certificate after the car passes? Can anyone confiorm this??

Thanks

CyprusScooby 23 October 2005 12:06 PM

The certificate is half the size of a sheet of A4 with VOSA on it. Its green in colour.

donutman 23 October 2005 12:11 PM

what difference does it make if you do not have it?

PJ-STI 23 October 2005 12:14 PM

Mine went to the DVLA when I got the car registered. I never got it back. I assume they keep it.

GC8 23 October 2005 12:46 PM

The certificate is surrendered when the vehicle is registered.

Simon

JohnRoly 23 October 2005 03:11 PM

Thanks for all the help, remember seeing it (although could have been for my previous car!) and as far as I know, you get a MAC document rather than a SVA cert. The guy who bought the car seemed happy enough - he has the registration documents (car and number plate) and the MAC doc, so fingers crossed all ok!! Do get myself in a tizzy sometimes!!!!