ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Tips for heater matrix removal (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/465503-tips-for-heater-matrix-removal.html)

matscooby 21 October 2005 09:30 PM

Tips for heater matrix removal

Guys,

Anybody got any tips for removing a heater matrix from a Pug 306 TD.

Its my task for the weekend. :cry:

simb 2 22 October 2005 04:45 PM

Not the foggiest, has it broke Matt?

simb

Silver Scooby Sport 22 October 2005 05:56 PM

I'll come out with the really helpfull comment of do some overtime and pay someone else to do it ;)

matscooby 22 October 2005 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by simb 2
Not the foggiest, has it broke Matt?

simb

It broke when I bought the car 5 months ago, but I've never got round to fitting the new matrix.

I decided to make a start today and was getting on quite well until I packed up for the night and put the car in the garage with the house keys still in the car,DOH!!!!!! :eek: . :cuckoo:

The garage keys are on the house keys with my car keys, the garage is all locked up now until tomorrow night when the spare set comes back with the parents.

matscooby 22 October 2005 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
I'll come out with the really helpfull comment of do some overtime and pay someone else to do it ;)

Simon,

I found out that some garages charge about £400 as its a 12hr job.

The part only costs £35, so I thought save myself some money and do this myself.

DannyBoy007 22 October 2005 07:26 PM

£400!!!!!! fooking hell, I'm in the wrong business, oh hang on, don't mechanics start work really early????

I'd of offered to have given you hand, but I've no idea what a heater matrix is let alone how to replace one.

matscooby 22 October 2005 07:34 PM

Dan,

When your FMIC was fitted I thought that was hard, but this take's the Piss.

Today I've had the take the dashboard apart where I had to remove about 10 parts and thats before taking the dashboard off.

All it is electrical, I'm going to dread putting it back together because I know I'll have some screws or wires left over for some reason.

Silver Scooby Sport 22 October 2005 08:01 PM

12 hrs !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That sounds like the job from hell :(

big daz2 23 October 2005 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by matscooby
Dan,

When your FMIC was fitted I thought that was hard, but this take's the Piss.

Today I've had the take the dashboard apart where I had to remove about 10 parts and thats before taking the dashboard off.

All it is electrical, I'm going to dread putting it back together because I know I'll have some screws or wires left over for some reason.

matt it is a bitch of a job i done one on my old orion.the dash has to come out,there isnt any other way.

matscooby 23 October 2005 06:34 PM

Day 2 and I could of won a trophy of swearing, having the most cuts and losing enough blood to help the current crisis of shortages.

I could of torched the car so easy this afternoon, its taken all day to get the remainder of the bl**dy Dashboard off.

Somebody forgot to inform me about all the wires and cables that also need to be disconnected behind the dash as well what you can see at the front and it wasn't as easy as it sounds.

Whoever said this takes 12 hrs to do this job needs to be shot, its already taken 15hrs just to get access to the heater matrix.

Trap2Terrorist 23 October 2005 07:25 PM

Simon,

I found out that some garages charge about £400 as its a 12hr job.

The part only costs £35, so I thought save myself some money and do this myself.

Hi Matt, I'd be up for giving you a hand with this - as long as I'm on angle grinder / jigsaw duty?? http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon12.gif

I painted one of my brake calipers today - I thought 1.25 hours was a long time!!! 15 hours.....ever thought about an in-car wood burning stove?

big daz2 24 October 2005 02:14 PM

Day 2 and I could of won a trophy of swearing, having the most cuts and losing enough blood to help the current crisis of shortages.

I could of torched the car so easy this afternoon, its taken all day to get the remainder of the bl**dy Dashboard off.

Somebody forgot to inform me about all the wires and cables that also need to be disconnected behind the dash as well what you can see at the front and it wasn't as easy as it sounds.

Whoever said this takes 12 hrs to do this job needs to be shot, its already taken 15hrs just to get access to the heater matrix.

matt why didnt you give us a call we could of all come round yours and done it.i feal for you mate it is a pain in the arse.is done now or do you require more help.whats this new job dude.

matscooby 24 October 2005 08:48 PM

Daz,

The job is half done now, I've just got to stick the matrix in and re-attach the dash which I'll get around to over the next couple of days.

Cheers for the offer anyway, I'll have to have a sneaky look at the new baby sometime this week if thats alright.

big daz2 25 October 2005 08:24 AM

Daz,

The job is half done now, I've just got to stick the matrix in and re-attach the dash which I'll get around to over the next couple of days.

Cheers for the offer anyway, I'll have to have a sneaky look at the new baby sometime this week if thats alright.

yeh no probs pop round or ill come round yours if you want.

DannyBoy007 25 October 2005 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by big daz2
yeh no probs pop round or ill come round yours if you want.

As if he's needing a excuse to go out in the new car??????

KJD Mk1 25 October 2005 11:42 AM

well done Matt for having a crack at this , sounds a right mare :cry:

matscooby 27 October 2005 08:28 PM

Guys,

I might need abit of help Saturday afternoon if anybody would be able to help for acouple of hours.

If not then thats not a problem.

I was planning to try and finnish this during the week, but I never got round to doing it as I've never been able to finish work till about 7pm most nights. :(

big daz2 27 October 2005 08:44 PM

Guys,

I might need abit of help Saturday afternoon if anybody would be able to help for acouple of hours.

If not then thats not a problem.

I was planning to try and finnish this during the week, but I never got round to doing it as I've never been able to finish work till about 7pm most nights. :(

matt let me know what time you're starting and i will try and pop over,not too early i could do with abit of a layin on sat.

matscooby 27 October 2005 08:48 PM

I'm working till about 12pm, so not to early dont worry.

I'll be starting about 1ish.

big daz2 27 October 2005 08:51 PM

I'm working till about 12pm, so not to early dont worry.

I'll be starting about 1ish.

i will try and get over dude

matscooby 27 October 2005 08:55 PM

Cheers Daz, if you can't make it dont worry.

I'll PM my Mob No. to you now.