ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   recycle bin problem (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/465242-recycle-bin-problem.html)

farmerwrx 20 October 2005 06:24 PM

recycle bin problem

every time i empty the recycle bin it says cannot delete the best bands ever but it is empty!everthing else delete's as normal,the desktop icon says it has something in there to when it's empty to, it is a file i created in i tunes

farmerwrx 21 October 2005 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by farmerwrx
every time i empty the recycle bin it says cannot delete the best bands ever but it is empty!everthing else delete's as normal,the desktop icon says it has something in there to when it's empty to, it is a file i created in i tunes

anyone?

farmerwrx 21 October 2005 02:24 PM

help this is driving me nuts!

Hanslow 21 October 2005 02:39 PM

Got your PM ;)

Not sure exactly what to do, but you could try selecting the file in the recycle bin, right click on it and restore it. Then go to where it restored it, select it and then press SHIFT and DELETE. This will remove it without putting it into your trash first.

farmerwrx 21 October 2005 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hanslow
Got your PM ;)

Not sure exactly what to do, but you could try selecting the file in the recycle bin, right click on it and restore it. Then go to where it restored it, select it and then press SHIFT and DELETE. This will remove it without putting it into your trash first.

there is no file in the recycle bin to start with tho

Hanslow 21 October 2005 03:15 PM

Ah, I understand a bit more now. Try this :

Open the recyle bin, go to Tools, Folder Options. Now click on the View tab. Scroll down to the "Hidden files and folders" folder and click on "Show hidden files and folders."

See if something appears. If it does, try deleting / restoring it.

Hanslow 21 October 2005 03:23 PM

If that doesn't work, try downloading and running this.

farmerwrx 22 October 2005 11:35 AM

If that doesn't work, try downloading and running this.

tried show all files and folders no joy it's not showing the file and run that restore recycle bin but still no joy, this is what the warning says when i try to delete it.
cannot remove folder the best bands ever:cannot find the specified file.make sure you specify the correct path and file name.

thanks

Hanslow 22 October 2005 11:47 AM

Sounds like it might have a stale handle to a file that no longer exists but can't fix itself. Have a look here and have a read through all the Recycly Bin issues.

Scroll down to the section called "Damaged Files in Recycled Folder" and do what it says there. Might be that the only way to recover from this is to remove the recycle bin completely from the disk which then gets recreated when you reboot the machine :)

farmerwrx 22 October 2005 12:15 PM

Sounds like it might have a stale handle to a file that no longer exists but can't fix itself. Have a look here and have a read through all the Recycly Bin issues.

Scroll down to the section called "Damaged Files in Recycled Folder" and do what it says there. Might be that the only way to recover from this is to remove the recycle bin completely from the disk which then gets recreated when you reboot the machine :)

tried that still no joy how do you
Might be that the only way to recover from this is to remove the recycle bin completely from the disk which then gets recreated when you reboot the machine

Hanslow 22 October 2005 12:32 PM

Press the taskbar Start button, select Run.
Type in CMD and hit enter

Do the following.....

CD\
attrib -s -h recycled
rd /s recycler
exit

restart windows.

farmerwrx 22 October 2005 01:09 PM

Press the taskbar Start button, select Run.
Type in CMD and hit enter

Do the following.....

CD\
attrib -s -h recycled
rd /s recycler
exit

restart windows.

bingo that sorted it many thanks hanslow you have sorted it again!
thanks again

Hanslow 22 October 2005 01:27 PM

No worries chap...got there in the end ;)