ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Should be getting pro evo 5 tonight ;-) (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/464946-should-be-getting-pro-evo-5-tonight.html)

Shaolin 19 October 2005 02:46 PM

Should be getting pro evo 5 tonight ;-)

;-)

Sub97 19 October 2005 02:57 PM

Where from - or don't you want to say mate? ;)

Also, which platform?

King RA 19 October 2005 03:07 PM

I thought it had been out for ages.

Mogsi 19 October 2005 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by King RA
I thought it had been out for ages.

On the torrent sites yes ;)

Neanderthal 19 October 2005 03:11 PM

Is it officially out this Friday?

Dream Weaver 19 October 2005 04:08 PM

Out this Friday, but already in stock at Play etc.

I want to buy this one as I missed out on 4, but I dont have much gaming time any more. Still got Chaos Theory un-opened downstairs :rolleyes:

NAF 19 October 2005 05:00 PM

Can't wait for it!
My mate has a copy for bout 4 days now already and says its wicked!
AFAIK I can get it tomorrow night in my local Game
Counting the minutes ;)

Shaolin 20 October 2005 10:28 AM

Got it last night and all i can say is it will take some getting used to, the tackling has been changed quite a bit, you actually have to time it now otherwise you will be fouling every minute of the game.
Long shots have improved by a long way, and some players have this as one of their attributes....scored a cracking long ranger with Henry !
As ive said will take some getting used to after playing pro evo 4 for so long, but its looking good :-)

Dream Weaver 20 October 2005 12:07 PM

Who has it on Xbox or PS2?

I have PES 1, 2 and 3 on the PS2, missed PES 4 but I want to buy 5 tomorrow - I cant decide which console to get it for though?

I tend to use the directional buttons to play PES rather than the analogue sticks so that would make the PS2 version better for me as the Xbox D pad is too far in board on the controller. I also use the shoulder buttons a lot so i'm used to the PS2 versions having played them to death for years. :D

Is the Xbox version better graphically enough to justify me getting it over the PS2 version?

Dream Weaver 21 October 2005 12:03 PM

Anyone any ideas between PS2 or Xbox version, hoping to buy it tonight :)

Hanley 22 October 2005 10:20 AM

I could only assume the X-Box version would be smoother

:)

Dream Weaver 23 October 2005 10:19 PM

I went for the Xbox version in the end :) Though i'm having to learn all the controls from scratch, I keep trying to press the top shoulder buttons, a la PS2 :D

Only played a couple of hours on it so far, but it seems a lot more difficult than PES3, some nice new touches, referee on pitch is good, just a shame I cant score any goals as yet :D