ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Property Ladder (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/464805-property-ladder.html)

SD 18 October 2005 08:08 PM

Property Ladder

I've seen it all this time.

A 3 bed semi into a 10 (!!!!) bedroom house with practically no lounge and 2 more bedrooms in the garden.

Nutty woman. Absolutely out of her fecking tree.

:rolleyes:

Simon.

Wish 18 October 2005 08:32 PM

LOL..... Shes mad, and Im enjoying watching her loose all her money.

Shes proper mad !

pauld37 18 October 2005 08:44 PM

Sarah Beeney is a healthy lady though :norty:

RON 18 October 2005 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37

You're not wrong there mate....... enjoy!!

Robbie T 18 October 2005 08:52 PM

She'll never fall on her face :norty:

PG 18 October 2005 08:58 PM

Tyipical.
Bet her family has a Nissan estate car and drive around with 8 or more people in it.
Going to have to sell a lot in the corner shop to make up for all that overspend.

pauld37 18 October 2005 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Robbie T
She'll never fall on her face :norty:

Hopefully on my face :D

pauld37 18 October 2005 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by RON
....... enjoy!!

Indeed I do, Ron :)

dpb 18 October 2005 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37

yer plain weird

salsa-king 18 October 2005 09:30 PM

wanted to spend £45k... eneded up spending £143k!! where the extra £100k come from??
lets convert a house... and get palnning permission later!!! muppet!
house might rent out to 50 illegals wanting to live in a shoe box and have three toliets
lol

salsa-king 18 October 2005 09:36 PM

Sarah Beeney.... worth a quick read
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

corradoboy 18 October 2005 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king
house might rent out to 50 illegals

Exactly what I was thinking. Each of the ten rooms was probably for a family, not a single tenant.

Who the feck does Beany's hair :eek: She might be good at DIY, but she should save it for the plastering and pay someone to sort her barnet out :nono: The length seems to go up and down a bit during each episode too. Cue the double entendres :rolleyes:

McFlash 18 October 2005 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Exactly what I was thinking. Each of the ten rooms was probably for a family, not a single tenant.

Who the feck does Beany's hair :eek: She might be good at DIY, but she should save it for the plastering and pay someone to sort her barnet out :nono: The length seems to go up and down a bit during each episode too. Cue the double entendres :rolleyes:

As we say down the pub on a Friday night - she'd get - what a paid of wanfers.

pauld37 19 October 2005 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by dpb
yer plain weird

SiPie 19 October 2005 09:03 AM

Lady who wanted to pack sardines
..."and I want two bedrooms in the garden shed" :eek:

Sarah Beeny
"I don't think you'll get planning permission for that"

Understatement of the year :D

Sheer stupidity from start to finish

rik1471 19 October 2005 09:23 AM

http://www.funjunkie.co.uk/images/beeny03_32.gif

jjones 19 October 2005 09:36 AM

what is it with idiots doing large mods without getting planning permission? this is the second or third episode where people "chance their arm". hope the councils crack down on jokers like this.

Neanderthal 19 October 2005 09:47 AM

The end result of her "modifications" resulted in a house that looked like it had bits bolted on randomly. It amazes me she got planning permission.

I had to laugh when every time Beeny suggested something to her, she agreed it was a good idea and then went and did her own thing anyway!

babber 19 October 2005 10:28 AM

Lol, but if you notice on a few of these shots, she appears to be smuggling peanuts inside her bra???

An interim snack for later on no doubt :rolleyes:

Phill

Stueyb 19 October 2005 11:26 AM

so can anyone give me a quick rundown on this as it sounds a bit of a laugh, as in mad women trying to build a hotel in a house

Stueyb 19 October 2005 11:27 AM

Got it ;)

richardg 19 October 2005 12:01 PM

i liked the summary at the end :thumb:

"the best room in the house is the one she hasn't touched - the kitchen; it's light, airy and..." etc etc

nice :)

MikeCardiff 19 October 2005 12:41 PM

These muppets crack me up, did you see last week ? couple decided they were going to be developers, ended up with 7K profit for 4 months work between two of them !

Best part is when these people always think 'their' house is going to get £50K over all the others in the street because they've put a fancy bathroom in and some laminate flooring.

Have to say the woman last night was off her head though - took a reasonable house and lashed it up so it'll be worth FA when she sells it - used to have lots of nice big rooms, now has hundreds of tiny ones - typical scumbag landlord though, cram as many people as possible into one house, even if it means the rooms are so small you cant actually open the cupboard because the bed is in the way ( anyone else notice that ;0) ?

MattN 19 October 2005 12:50 PM

worth 10k more than her investment. Makes you wonder if she had a sensible extension and didn't spend a stupid amount, I.e. 83k to builds for a 2 bed extension! She'd have made a good 50k. Right house, right location, right moron = no profit

SiPie 19 October 2005 01:09 PM

even if it means the rooms are so small you cant actually open the cupboard because the bed is in the way ( anyone else notice that ;0) ?
Yup...shame the **** who was looking to rent it didn't :eek:

Double bed crammed diagonally into a room that would barely take a single bed :rolleyes:

Still can't get over the 'two bedrooms in the garden shed bit'... class :)

Robert Rosario 19 October 2005 01:10 PM

This episode was hilarious, but good to see the programme putting the message across that being a "property developer" is not an easy or straightforward job in a difficult housing market.

About time somebody put across that not everybody can make a lot of money in a short space of time with no practical skills, business sense or common sense. Woman totally off her head, but like a lot of people these days thought that property developing was "easy money".

What next week, man buys bungalow and digs underneath it to form a new cellar? Husband and wife thinks that laminate floor in a shed puts 20K on to the price?

Milamber 19 October 2005 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Rosario
What next week, man buys bungalow and digs underneath it to form a new cellar? Husband and wife thinks that laminate floor in a shed puts 20K on to the price?

fpmsl - brilliant :)

Danny B 19 October 2005 03:42 PM

That bloke who employed the German builders did alright though, wish I had some numbers of good German builders who could do me an extension.

David_Wallis 19 October 2005 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Danny B
That bloke who employed the German builders did alright though, wish I had some numbers of good German builders who could do me an extension.

even the german roofers?

Having said that I loved the kitchen floor running out to the patio and the doors..

MikeCardiff 19 October 2005 05:31 PM

This will make you cry - one of my mates bought a 1920's semi earlier this year - just told me he spent a week ripping up the original parquet flooring ( which was under the carpet ) and has covered the floor with chipboard and B&Q £9.99 laminate.