ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Anyone Else Going To Watch United v Lille tomorrow? (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/464523-anyone-else-going-to-watch-united-v-lille-tomorrow.html)

Patt@firstime 17 October 2005 04:45 PM

Anyone Else Going To Watch United v Lille tomorrow?

I am and wondered if any of the SN MU faithful were going too?

:D

LUCKO 17 October 2005 06:08 PM

how much does it cost to go to old trafford then?

Richard_P 17 October 2005 06:29 PM

Sadly not.

Hopefully recent results continue :)

I was at the sunderland game on saturday, not a clasic performance but a good result. It was nice to see Rossi get in on the action, more of that to come I reckon.

davegtt 18 October 2005 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by LUCKO

Depends if you want ring side seats or if you want the cheapy 2miles away seats ;) :D

Patt@firstime 19 October 2005 09:05 AM

I was sat on second row :notworthy and seat was £37.

Funkii Munkii 19 October 2005 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Patt@firstime

Did the stewards wake you up at the final whistle??

Patt@firstime 19 October 2005 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Did the stewards wake you up at the final whistle??

No.

Next.....

LUCKO 19 October 2005 11:29 AM

£37?? you could of had 90 minutes in a massage parlour for that m8!! http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif

Patt@firstime 19 October 2005 11:31 AM

£37?? you could of had 90 minutes in a massage parlour for that m8!! http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif

Had that for free when I got home ;)

pauld37 19 October 2005 01:13 PM

No.

Next.....

So.............you slept there all night? :freak3:

Patt@firstime 19 October 2005 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37
So.............you slept there all night? :freak3:

:rolleyes:

pauld37 19 October 2005 01:23 PM

:D Sorry

Patt@firstime 19 October 2005 01:24 PM

:D Sorry

It's ok, your Russian humour is lost on me anyway ;)

Ted Maul 19 October 2005 01:34 PM

6000 seats empty I hear. whats that about? are the glory hunters deserting?

Patt@firstime 19 October 2005 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
6000 seats empty I hear. whats that about? are the glory hunters deserting?

60,300 or something like that there last night but didn't look like 5000 empty seats :confused:

Wobbly 19 October 2005 06:49 PM

OT capacity is 68,000, so that would be 7,700 empty seats then......

LUCKO 19 October 2005 07:08 PM

www.calculator.org

pauld37 19 October 2005 07:13 PM

It's ok, your Russian humour is lost on me anyway ;)

As your American is on me :p

Patt@firstime 20 October 2005 09:08 AM

As your American is on me :p

I was waiting for that :D Surprised it took you that long :lol1:

:D

Funkii Munkii 20 October 2005 11:36 AM

No.

Next.....

Im a Utd fan !!! it was such a dull boring lifeless no clue game I would have imagined you would have nodded off after 5 minutes.

Although it did come to life for about 20 seconds after Paul Scholes was sent off (he is poor these days, no longer the Ginger Magician thats for sure), there was a burst of energy from Giggsy but as soon as we lost possesion (something that happened far too often all night and to be fair in most of the games we participate in these days) we reverted to playing ****e where o where have the waves of attacking football gone, we resemble Liverpool and their long ball game at the moment.

If Lille were that rubbish why didnt Rossi Start, if it wasn't working then revert to the 4-5-1, Ruud must have been seriously pissed off, he worked his nuts off for no end result, Fletcher was awful at times as was a lot of the passing in midfield I dont see Fletch turning into a Gerrard or Lampard that's for sure even though Fergie thinks he's the new Scottish saviour he has never set a game alight, he has the odd moment, he's never dominated a game and never will , get Ballack and AN Other for the midfield soonest!!

Patt@firstime 20 October 2005 12:30 PM

Im a Utd fan !!! it was such a dull boring lifeless no clue game I would have imagined you would have nodded off after 5 minutes.

Although it did come to life for about 20 seconds after Paul Scholes was sent off (he is poor these days, no longer the Ginger Magician thats for sure), there was a burst of energy from Giggsy but as soon as we lost possesion (something that happened far too often all night and to be fair in most of the games we participate in these days) we reverted to playing ****e where o where have the waves of attacking football gone, we resemble Liverpool and their long ball game at the moment.

If Lille were that rubbish why didnt Rossi Start, if it wasn't working then revert to the 4-5-1, Ruud must have been seriously pissed off, he worked his nuts off for no end result, Fletcher was awful at times as was a lot of the passing in midfield I dont see Fletch turning into a Gerrard or Lampard that's for sure even though Fergie thinks he's the new Scottish saviour he has never set a game alight, he has the odd moment, he's never dominated a game and never will , get Ballack and AN Other for the midfield soonest!!

Agree about Scholes :( and defo about Ruud, he missed Rooney feeding the ball to him - was having to come out to far :(

P1Fanatic 20 October 2005 06:47 PM

Agree about Scholes :( and defo about Ruud, he missed Rooney feeding the ball to him - was having to come out to far :(

Fletcher is awful. Ronaldo is getting on my tits - hes got the pace and the skill but no strength. Someone breathes on him and he falls over. Rio was all over the place too.

We really miss Gary Nevilles overlapping runs on the right. The only players who seem to have the passion are Ruud, Rooney and Van der Sar.

Simon.

AndiThompson 20 October 2005 07:10 PM

I was in the Stretford.

As for the empty seats, the majority were over round the Lille fans, it looked to me as if they'd be given a much larger number of seats at first, then when they realised they weren't going to get anywhere near filling their section, sold them to United fans instead, not like your going to get many Lille fans paying on the gate are you?

STi wanna Subaru 21 October 2005 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Fletcher is awful. Ronaldo is getting on my tits - hes got the pace and the skill but no strength. Someone breathes on him and he falls over. Rio was all over the place too.

We really miss Gary Nevilles overlapping runs on the right. The only players who seem to have the passion are Ruud, Rooney and Van der Sar.

Simon.

I think Ronaldo's mind may be elsewhere at the minute.. I do agree with what you say though.

Patt@firstime 21 October 2005 09:56 AM

Simon.

Rio did have some good moments though - like when he forced that corner etc

Abdabz 21 October 2005 12:35 PM

I was in the 2nd teir of the west stand. The performance was dreadful although I wasnt one of the boo boys I did shout my concerns to several of the players who were all below par on the night.
Still the food emporium did me proud on the way in with a very tasty saltfat burger but getting home, Trafford way was more rammed than usual. I still like breasts though.

Oh and I think lille had 2000 ish seats but brought about 500 I was practically sat on top of the garlic whiffing scumbags... They had a good atmosphere down there though. It was more entertaining waving at them with two fingers while watching them dance than it was watching the game :)

pauld37 21 October 2005 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz
I still like breasts though.

So do I, but, :confused:

AndiThompson 22 October 2005 09:04 PM

I like a nice pair of boobs too.

If you were above them, surely you were in the East stand?

Funkii Munkii 24 October 2005 07:52 AM

Simon.

Thats what Ronaldo does though, I've never seen him ride out a challenge, as soon as someone touches him it's his natural reaction, his legs stop working his knees collapse and his arms spring into the air, he believes he was fouled and just stops playing, in the main the refs either buy into it or see the foul and lets face it it works for the lad, had plenty of free kicks from it, although I do wonder how long it will before refs start ignoring him, you see it in some matches already.

As for Rio, come on son pull your finger out, you would have lost your England place for more than one game if it werent for that ball watcher Campbell injuring himself again, you were Englands 1st choice 12 months ago, you'll be fourth choice soon (Woodgate coming back), too laid back for his own good sometimes.

On the upside, pleased for Bardsley to get a run and he hasnt let himself or the team down, looks like he could do a job once G Nev hangs his boots up.

Patt@firstime 24 October 2005 09:34 AM

Thats what Ronaldo does though, I've never seen him ride out a challenge, as soon as someone touches him it's his natural reaction, his legs stop working his knees collapse and his arms spring into the air, he believes he was fouled and just stops playing, in the main the refs either buy into it or see the foul and lets face it it works for the lad, had plenty of free kicks from it, although I do wonder how long it will before refs start ignoring him, you see it in some matches already.

As for Rio, come on son pull your finger out, you would have lost your England place for more than one game if it werent for that ball watcher Campbell injuring himself again, you were Englands 1st choice 12 months ago, you'll be fourth choice soon (Woodgate coming back), too laid back for his own good sometimes.

On the upside, pleased for Bardsley to get a run and he hasnt let himself or the team down, looks like he could do a job once G Nev hangs his boots up.

Agree with you, Ronaldo needs to add some strength into his game asap :(

Rio, again needs to stop thinking hes bigger than the club :nono: