ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   free diagnostic software available (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/463782-free-diagnostic-software-available.html)

calvinc 14 October 2005 08:48 AM

free diagnostic software available

hi all,

i'm not sure if anybody has posted a link to my site yet - www.tari.co.za

i offer free diagnostic software for the subaru range of vehicles. anything from MY99 onwards. i have just launched a new application (ecuExplorer) and it is now available for download. it is greatly improved over the previous generation DL1 application that i offered so please check it out.

these applications use the proprietary Subaru Select Protocol for communications and NOT OBD2 like many generic application available. currently it offers 90% of the functionality you get with deltadash from ecutek but will grow to include many more.

the roadmap for this application is very promising and it will eventually include reflash capability and map editing.

again...this software is all free!

regards,
calvin.

DAVE26 14 October 2005 10:03 AM

thanks mate
which lead would you suggest i buy to play with my P1 ?

dave

calvinc 14 October 2005 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by DAVE26
thanks mate
which lead would you suggest i buy to play with my P1 ?

dave

dave, i would recommend the cables from tactrix (www.tactrix.com). they are of good design and i use 1 during all development and testing.

the downside for your P1 is that i doubt we will be able to offer reflash capability on the older JECS generation ECU's. the flash tools i will be implementing are only for the newer DENSO ECU's, that is MY01 -> MY05 WRX and STI. the newer MY06 ECU's remain unconfirmed yet.

dont be discouraged though as there is plenty to learn by just analyzing the data coming out of the ECU.

regards,
calvin.

DAVE26 14 October 2005 10:27 AM

oh yeah
thast what i wanna do at the star
the link wasnt werking from your forums 5 mins ago ?!?!
ahh werking now, which lead exactly is it then i should buy mate ?

i will hopwever be getting a different mappable ecu if i can find a close supplier to me in leeds.

thanks for speedy reply mate :)

dave

calvinc 14 October 2005 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by DAVE26
oh yeah
thast what i wanna do at the star
the link wasnt werking from your forums 5 mins ago ?!?!
ahh werking now, which lead exactly is it then i should buy mate ?

i will hopwever be getting a different mappable ecu if i can find a close supplier to me in leeds.

thanks for speedy reply mate :)

dave

the 'generic' obd cable will support all diagnostic functionality. it basically supports the ISO9141-2 protocol. you cannot flash with this cable.

the 'wrx' obd cable has the required 12V supply across 1 of the other pins which is required during the ECU flash process.

calvin.

Scott.T 14 October 2005 11:54 AM

Great news..just what I've been waiting for.
Although I too have an MY00, so any re-flash functions you could implement would be very well appreciated.

P.S I can't see the 'WRX' cable on the referenced site for ODB cables.

calvinc 14 October 2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Scott.T
Great news..just what I've been waiting for.
Although I too have an MY00, so any re-flash functions you could implement would be very well appreciated.

P.S I can't see the 'WRX' cable on the referenced site for ODB cables.

tactrix has sold out of their initial production for the 'wrx' cables. colby has some in production now and they should be on sale in the next few weeks.

calvin.

marklemac 14 October 2005 05:14 PM

all you need now is a 'Mac OS X' version :)

JamieMiller 15 October 2005 03:16 PM

Hi Calvin,I have a MY00 UK car and I would be interesed as well in this. What cable would I need to hook this software up to my car. All I'm interested in is fault diagnosis and ECU resetting.
Thanks Jamie

calvinc 17 October 2005 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by JamieMiller
Hi Calvin,I have a MY00 UK car and I would be interesed as well in this. What cable would I need to hook this software up to my car. All I'm interested in is fault diagnosis and ECU resetting.
Thanks Jamie

go to www.tactrix.com and order the 'generic' version if you only want those 2 features. current release of ecuExplorer does not support reading of trouble codes, that will be in next release.

calvin.

Tone Loc 17 October 2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by calvinc
these applications use the proprietary Subaru Select Protocol for communications and NOT OBD2 like many generic application available. currently it offers 90% of the functionality you get with deltadash from ecutek but will grow to include many more.

Interesting, if that's the case could the software be manipulated for use with a MY98? I have all the relvenat addresses etc for monitoring (obviously reflashing is not do-able).

I've not had chance to look at the website yet, but if it's like deltadash do you have all the graphing functionality etc?

Tony.

calvinc 18 October 2005 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
Interesting, if that's the case could the software be manipulated for use with a MY98? I have all the relvenat addresses etc for monitoring (obviously reflashing is not do-able).

i have some detail on the MY98 protocol but anything else you could add would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
I've not had chance to look at the website yet, but if it's like deltadash do you have all the graphing functionality etc?

Tony.

coming in next major release is:
- graphing
- trouble code reader
- innovate motorsports LM-1 serial protocol

calvin.

greenprodrive 18 October 2005 09:59 AM

Mine is 1998 .. no good ?

Originally Posted by calvinc
hi all,

i'm not sure if anybody has posted a link to my site yet - www.tari.co.za

i offer free diagnostic software for the subaru range of vehicles. anything from MY99 onwards. i have just launched a new application (ecuExplorer) and it is now available for download. it is greatly improved over the previous generation DL1 application that i offered so please check it out.

the roadmap for this application is very promising and it will eventually include reflash capability and map editing.

again...this software is all free!

regards,
calvin.

Hi Calvin , mine is a UK 1998 (not 1999) , I assume there is some sort of difference in terms of diagnostics ?

Thanks - Mark

calvinc 18 October 2005 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by greenprodrive
Hi Calvin , mine is a UK 1998 (not 1999) , I assume there is some sort of difference in terms of diagnostics ?

Thanks - Mark

hi mark,

the protocol used for diagnostics changed from MY98 to MY99 and has remained constant from then on. I doubt it will change for the MY06 either.
with a chassis change Subaru may introduce something new.

calvin.

Tone Loc 18 October 2005 05:56 PM

Hi Calvin,

You have e-mail.

Tony.

calvinc 09 December 2005 09:35 AM

ecuExplorer v3.0.6 is now available from www.tari.co.za

hi all,

v3.0.6 of ecuExplorer is available for download from this link - http://www.tari.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/...1134118238/0#0

it now has the ability to read, write, test write and compare a ROM image to the connected ECU flash memory. this is not a map editor, that is coming next. this will allow you to get the current set of maps off your ECU and upload a new set. if you wish to change the maps you will have to do it through a hex editor for now.

it wont be long before ecuExplorer is a complete tuning solution FOR FREE!!!!

regards,
calvin.

unfeasablylargegonads 09 December 2005 01:52 PM

This sounds cool, although if you do develop it enough so that I can change stuff myself I can see my need to tweek stuff and me not knowing anything about mapping a car or engines resulting in bad things ;)

Best of luck to you and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Dan

D16GER 09 December 2005 02:09 PM

What is the correct cable for a MY03 WRX?

Thanks

Mo 09 December 2005 03:40 PM

Tactrix only produce the one cable now so no confusion. I hear that stocks may be available in the UK v e r y soon.

3barboost 09 December 2005 04:14 PM

bttt

awesome software

congrats

rjlinney 12 December 2005 10:49 AM

Any news on those UK cables yet?
Where can I order from?

(I'm definitely NOT interested in changing anything, just want to view data from the ECU!)

3barboost 12 December 2005 11:25 AM

best place to order from www.tactrix.com

Kael 12 December 2005 11:55 AM

Will this work with the standard ECUTEK Deltadash cable out of interest?

DannyBoyTurbo 12 December 2005 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by 3barboost
best place to order from www.tactrix.com

Don't panic if you don't recieve despatch confirmation. Colby's on "vacation" till the 19th.

DannyBoyTurbo 12 December 2005 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kael
Will this work with the standard ECUTEK Deltadash cable out of interest?

yup :D