ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Dent removal - Cardiff area (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/463685-dent-removal-cardiff-area.html)

msp1 13 October 2005 06:35 PM

Dent removal - Cardiff area

Can anyone recommend someone for some paintless dent removal as I'd like to get some dings ironed out of my door. I've got the number of a local dentmaster but would like some personal recommendations.

If anyone else has some dings they want removed we could possibly get a good discount by way of a "group buy" on dent removal.

Cheers

Mike

Silver Scooby Sport 13 October 2005 08:16 PM

I've used Click_Me these guys just recently Mike, came to the house both front doors done in an hour.... some of the boys on here will tell you how good a job they did :cool:

Your more than welcome to have a look at the car before you make your choice.

These are my most recent pics after it was done Clicky

Simon :thumb:

msp1 13 October 2005 08:52 PM

Thanks for the reply Simon but I've already spoken to Chris and worked something out. Can't wait to get rid of those dings now, then I just need to teach the wife where and how to park.

Lesson 1 - When you are parking in a space always line the centre of the bonnet up with those white lines on the floor. Never attempt to park within the 2 white lines.

Lesson 2 - always have a kids car seat on board for mother and baby parking.

Lesson 3 - Never park next to a banger, a reps car or a car that may possibly be owned by a fat person (they have to open the doors wider).

Lesson 4 - Walk to the shops, why did God give you legs?

Mike

Silver Scooby Sport 13 October 2005 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by msp1
Thanks for the reply Simon but I've already spoken to Chris and worked something out. Can't wait to get rid of those dings now, then I just need to teach the wife where and how to park.

Lesson 1 - When you are parking in a space always line the centre of the bonnet up with those white lines on the floor. Never attempt to park within the 2 white lines.

Lesson 2 - always have a kids car seat on board for mother and baby parking.

Lesson 3 - Never park next to a banger, a reps car or a car that may possibly be owned by a fat person (they have to open the doors wider).

Lesson 4 - Walk to the shops, why did God give you legs?

Mike

Lesson 1 - Check :thumb: As often as I can.

Lesson 2 - Check :thumb: Don't have any.

Lesson 3 - Check :thumb: Yes to all.

Lesson 4 - Check :thumb: Since having the doors done I do 9 times out of 10 now.

:D

Trap2Terrorist 13 October 2005 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
I've used Click_Me these guys just recently Mike, came to the house both front doors done in an hour.... some of the boys on here will tell you how good a job they did :cool:

Your more than welcome to have a look at the car before you make your choice.

These are my most recent pics after it was done Clicky

Simon :thumb:

What a shed!!! http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon12.gif

msp1 14 October 2005 07:01 AM

Lesson 5 - Whenever possible hunt down the largest space available, the Disabled space. Don't feel guilty parking here as I can assure you they would not hesitate to park in one of "our" spaces.

Silver Scooby Sport 14 October 2005 08:30 AM

Lesson 6 - Park in the mothers and toddlers spaces :hjtwofing

Where I work we have a large area to park but they insist on squeezing all together.... add that to the small group the like to park so close they can't open there doors it is a nightmare at times.
I've got it sorted though... drive in couple of cars already parked in a line so I simply park at a 45 degree angle next to them but only half the car lengh back :D there are a few that know what I'm up to and laugh but some of the others can't see it for looking at think I have grown two heads :lol1: The comment the other evening of one of the door denters was " you should get a medal for your parking" amazing they can't even see why :freak3: I do it.

RIGPIG 14 October 2005 09:20 AM

Lesson 5 - Whenever possible hunt down the largest space available, the Disabled space.

You Don't... :eek2:

DannyBoy007 14 October 2005 09:48 AM

Just take two cans of spray paint, one black and one white, use the black to cover up any lines that are already there and then use the white can to mark new lines which should be about five feet bigger than the car, No more dents!!!!!!!

KJD Mk1 14 October 2005 10:01 AM

Fair play the guy that done simons car was brill, got to be worth a phone call.

Silver Scooby Sport 14 October 2005 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by RIGPIG
You Don't... :eek2:

Good Reaction :lol:

Group Captain Smudger 14 October 2005 02:08 PM

Can't wait to get rid of those dings now, then I just need to teach the wife where and how to park.

Because you obviously can't!! And fancy trying to blame wifey - diabolical.

msp1 14 October 2005 08:53 PM

No sooner said than done.

Spoke to Chris Garner of Dents/Paints Plus last night, he put me in touch with Bernard, one of his guys who does dent lifting. I told Bernard I wanted them done as soon as possible, thinking he'd fit me in next week. He told me to come and see him after work. I arrived at 17:00 and by 17:50 he must of taken out 8 or 9 dents in all. 2 of them i didn't think he was going to attempt because of the severity and their position on the bodywork. Bernard did an excellent job and made it look all so easy. What's more it wasn't silly prices either, more like the cost of a Friday night out in town.

If anyone has some dings/dents they want rid of then give Chris a ring, highly recommended. Alternatively if there's enough interest I'll arrange a group buy. Hopefully my car will still be ding free and I'll take the wifes car along to be sorted.

Thanks again to Chris.

Mike

msp1 15 October 2005 06:15 PM

http://www.msp1.dsl.pipex.com/side1.jpg

The joys of been ding free :)

Silver Scooby Sport 15 October 2005 06:52 PM

Smoooooooothhhhhhhh