ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Scooby Service - Wiltshire (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/462782-scooby-service-wiltshire.html)

Dude! 10 October 2005 07:07 AM

Scooby Service - Wiltshire

My Scoob needs some serious TLC as I have a knocking comming from the engine. Can people recomend the best place to take her thats not too far away? I want somewhere that will be honest with me, do what needs doing and not charge me the earth.

I live in Swindon, Wiltshire.

bruce 11 October 2005 07:56 AM

Hi Dude, sorry to hear about the knocking. I take my car to Len at subaru4you out in Newbury. www.subaru4you.co.uk very good prices and no no-nonsense answers.

Hope this helps.

Iain Young 11 October 2005 10:17 AM

I always get mine done at Simpsons (Highworth). Not the cheapest, but I've always had very good service from them...

Dude! 11 October 2005 03:31 PM

Thanks people - Bruce, I remember you mentioning them sound my sort of people.

Have to say, I don't like Simpsons as they have given me bad service on more than one occation and they really won't like me now I have an Import!!

rallyfan1977 11 October 2005 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dude!
Thanks people - Bruce, I remember you mentioning them sound my sort of people.

Have to say, I don't like Simpsons as they have given me bad service on more than one occation and they really won't like me now I have an Import!!

I use CAMS in Chippenham, the owner runs 2 Impreza's and works / has worked on many of the cars in the area - mine included.
Rates are very reasonable - he's on 07710 342841

ChriSTi 11 October 2005 04:43 PM

How about David Hendry in Malmsbury ?

www.dhcars.co.uk

Chris

Iain Young 11 October 2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dude!

Fair enough

I've been using them regularly to service the scoob for about five years, and my dad has been using them to service his Isuszu Trooper for about three years. Neither of us have had anything but excellent, courteous, and thorough service. Guess you were just unlucky :(

I've heard that David Hendry are quite good...

APIDavid 11 October 2005 08:16 PM

If you don't like the quotes you receive try us ! Or call for free advice.

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com

4eX 11 October 2005 09:45 PM

Having had work done today by API (Clutch/Flywheel) i can recomend David and the API team, I'm near Wallingford Oxfordshire 70 miles from API and it was well worth the trip. I'm soon moving to Lyneham (Just down the road from you) and will be using API for any future requirements Highly recomended.

scoobyboy 11 October 2005 10:57 PM

or cotswolds subaru in hailey near witney oxfordshire 01993 776622 full main dealer back up and they will try to match the quotes you get. plus you get a car to use whilst yours is off the road so minimal inconvenience really.

Iain Young 11 October 2005 11:14 PM

I tried using the witney dealer a while ago, and got shockingly bad service. Wouldn't recommend them at all :(

Dude! 12 October 2005 06:38 AM

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

I now have far too much choice!!! lol

Thanks all :)

TomCat 12 October 2005 01:58 PM

My vote goes for Len at subaru4you - Newbury's not far from you.
He was just about to take an engine out last week when I was there

Phil

Dude! 03 December 2005 06:53 PM

Well - just to say thanks for all the info people.

The car went to Len at Subaru4You and I must say I was really pleased with the service and the price.

I will be going back there next time :)