ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   power engineering are they any good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/462363-power-engineering-are-they-any-good.html)

baddermans 07 October 2005 11:32 PM

power engineering are they any good?

power engineering are they any good?

Zip Boing Arial Whoop 07 October 2005 11:37 PM

Depends.... If you want a Booost Guage Man and 650Bhp from ur 1996 WRX import (wicked, man already got a dump thingy ..Whoosh,,) , and a kickn' stereo man... then no... Choose Ebay..... Relaible advice and good service.. give them a call

Scoobydaddy 07 October 2005 11:49 PM

got my vote :)

THOMO 08 October 2005 01:42 PM

very good.
hourly rate is high though

R4LLY 08 October 2005 02:42 PM

great place, have had all my work done from there since i got the car from japan, and are very helpful and thorough, labour is about £50 an hour, but they are reliable....

BrynO 08 October 2005 05:28 PM

Chris at PE remapped my bugeye the other week, delighted with the result, I'd recommend..

baddermans 08 October 2005 09:52 PM

How much do they charge for a remap and what figures did you come out with?

BrynO 08 October 2005 10:05 PM

Prices are on their web site, for a Tek 2 Remap they charge £650 plus VAT, mine went in with 230BHP & 241Ft/lbs (was already PPP'd) and achieved 265BHP & 276ft/lb's after the map, has a prodrive backbox, centre de-cat and a green filter, other 2 cats still in place, made a huge difference to the way the car drives..

Focusbird 08 October 2005 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by R4LLY
labour is about £50 an hour

You should join FFOC, we get a discounted labour rate of £39.50 + VAT per hour :)

I wouldn't take my car anywhere else, they know it like no one else. Chris Todd (dyno daddy) really knows his stuff, and he's also honest and doesn't give you any bull **** ;)

pe chris 08 October 2005 10:33 PM

glad you are pleased with the result Bryn, see you soon hopefully.

Chris

Smiler 08 October 2005 10:59 PM

Personally I wouldn't even let them service my lawnmower!!

Ben WRX Bug-Eye 08 October 2005 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Smiler
Personally I wouldn't even let them service my lawnmower!!

Ignore this comment - no justification given (more info would be useful). I haven't had any experience of Power Engineering myself yet, but they are one of the best from what I have heard.

Iwan 09 October 2005 08:44 AM

I had a Blitz exhaust system fitted to my P1 by them once, no problems at all. :)

The only negative thing about PE is the road to get to them through the industrial estate, I nearly crashed into a mars rover that was lost in one of the many large craters. ;)

Focusbird 09 October 2005 12:06 PM

Note to anyone visiting them - don't park on the road, or even with two wheels on the road, the industrial estate owners have employed some meat heads to go around clamping vehicles parked on the road, it's something like a £140 release fee :(

GaryCat 09 October 2005 04:33 PM

Yes they are very knowledgable & professional.

recopish 09 October 2005 11:59 PM

Which power engineering is this, there are a few around now,:mad: small world, not

Originally Posted by Focusbird
Note to anyone visiting them - don't park on the road, or even with two wheels on the road, the industrial estate owners have employed some meat heads to go around clamping vehicles parked on the road, it's something like a £140 release fee :(

Smiler 12 October 2005 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Ignore this comment - no justification given (more info would be useful). I haven't had any experience of Power Engineering myself yet, but they are one of the best from what I have heard.

A few years back my car ran rough. PE had it for two full days (including overnight) and couldn't find the problem even though they admitted there was a problem.

Local mechanic found a sticky exhaust valve in about 15 minutes.

pe chris 13 October 2005 10:48 PM

mmmmmmmm, funny that, it takes longer than 15 mins to remove all 4 plugs on an impreza usually let alone take the engine out, heads off and find a sticky exhaust valve!, anyway, we operate a no fix no fee strategy on diagnostic work so what harm was done to you there?