ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Disneyland Paris (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/462193-disneyland-paris.html)

Nimbus 07 October 2005 12:00 PM

Disneyland Paris

My wife want's to take our 4 year old to Disneyland Paris at the begining of November. Is the park open at that time of year? I can not go unfortunatly, but I want to look at the best packages available (travel, hotel, park entrance). Their website is not very informative.

Has anyone been and can offer any recomendations?

Cheers

davegtt 07 October 2005 12:03 PM

Personally for the money go to the US ;)

I went to Florida when I was about 11 and can barely remember alot of it.... So if I was you Id save the pennies and take the kiddie when its a bit older and can appriciate the trip :)

Nimbus 07 October 2005 12:14 PM

Due to some events last year, my wife really needs to get away from here for a few days at the begining of November. It was her idea to go to Paris as it's reletivly close. I'd liek to go as well, but have not hols left from work.

Don't worry, I'm aiming to go to the US when by daughter is older :)

New_scooby_04 07 October 2005 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
Personally for the money go to the US ;)

I went to Florida when I was about 11 and can barely remember alot of it.... So if I was you Id save the pennies and take the kiddie when its a bit older and can appriciate the trip :)

I found Disneyland Paris to be rather dissapointing it has to be said. Apart from the Runaway mine train, Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion (all of which aren't suitable for a 4 yearl old girl). It was also very poor value for money relative to the US park and didn't have all the other attractions that are nearby in the states.

Personally, I would wait till she's a couple of years older then go on a nice holiday to Orlando.

NS04

davegtt 07 October 2005 12:41 PM

copycat :p

Julz1983 07 October 2005 12:41 PM

My sister in law went to disneyland paris this year with her 8 year old and said it was disappointing, they got a 4 day pass and ended up coming home before the 4 days were up

FlightMan 07 October 2005 12:45 PM

Looks like you want to go, so rather than persuade you not to, as others seem keen on doing, I'll tell you what i know.

Hotel cheyenne is good for kids, its got a cowboy/cowgirl theme and the rooms have bunk beds.
We took my daughter when she was 3, and she loved it. Had 4 days of trouble free pleasure. So if your wife wants to do it, then do it!

Have a look here:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Enjoy.

Bald Speed Racing 07 October 2005 12:46 PM

We went a few years back, I thought it was good. Bit cold due to it being this time of the year. Good day out in my books

New_scooby_04 07 October 2005 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
copycat :p

Sorry Dave! Ok, I'll tell you what really ruins Disneyland Paris: the french! :)

During my stay there were four occasions where parents let their children urinate/deficate in public, despite the fact that often toilets were only a short stroll. One kid was p*ssing up the side of Space Mountain...now I know that probably sums up what most people think of the ride, but even so, it cost millions.....a little respect; it's not a local kebab house afterall! :)

NS04

*Gets coat* :)

little-ginge 07 October 2005 01:05 PM

We went in November about 6 years ago..

I've always wanted to go to Disney, but we couldnt afford Florida at the time, so Paris was, what we thought a cheaper option.

We didnt think it was very good - the cost for a 3 day stay for 2 of us was horrendous - could have had a 2 week holiday in the sun for the total price we shelled out.

Hotel was ok ( Hotel New York) but food & drinks were expensive, only a couple of ok rides, queues were horrendous, and it seemed to be the time of year when most of France decended on Disney..

If you don't mind people who queue jump, elbow barge, spit, hawk, ( and that was just me.. not!) then I would definately recommend Eurodisney..

Twas bladdy freezing so if they do go make sure they pack lots of warm clothes

tmo 07 October 2005 01:13 PM

We used this hotel last year, very new very clean. Plenty to do for kids, nice themed room
On the free bus to the parks route, takes about 5 mins. Food was good, bought the park passes from the reception.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/hd/pardi
prices range from 54e to 94e per night, i thought it was great value

Some of the "park owned" hotels are getting very tired now are are overpriced for what you get.

davegtt 07 October 2005 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
I'll tell you what really ruins Disneyland Paris: the french! :)

:thumb: :D

wakeboardar 07 October 2005 02:34 PM

went about 2 months ago me the missus and two kids , had a great time make sure you stay at the disneyland hotel proper and not one of the spin off hotels.
The cowboy show in the disney village is very good
I was actually picked from the audience to help with some stunts in the disney studio stunt show I hammed it up of course
dont let these old gits put you off its great fun

plonk 07 October 2005 02:43 PM

sort it out and send em they will lap it up

CEL 07 October 2005 02:44 PM

Personally i think It's seriously over rated!

After going for the 4th time in June this year, expecting it to have changed since my last vist 5 years ago, i wont bother again. It's still exacty the same as it was when it opened. The prices and q's still grow but no new rides??

Alton towers is certainly on the same level if not better than Disney Paris.

Having said all that, if you haven't been before, it's worth seeing it once.
The hotels are a must, the resort ones that is. Davy Crocket ranch is good for kids, static caravan accomodation (set in the woodlands and made to look like log cabins) gives the kids an instant sense of adventure. Plus the swimming pool and the night time entertainment in the village :)

Sport160 07 October 2005 03:56 PM

Agree with all of the overrated comments, however if she want to go, then suggest Eurostar straight to disneyland and stay on site. Won't be cheapest but will be the easiest if only going for long weekend.

As an alternative look at PortAventura (universal studios)near Salou, 100times better than Eurodisney IHMO and still reasonable to get to

Rgds
Neil

Nimbus 07 October 2005 03:57 PM

Well, a real difference of opinions there then!

I'm not sure how well the little one will cope with long queues, especially with only one parent there.

Are the french really that bad a queing? Not sure either of them will like that.

Seriously condiering suggesting an alternative place to get away for a few days, then save up when we can all go to Florida or California in a few years time...

Thanks for the comments. Most appriciated..

CEL 07 October 2005 10:22 PM

Alton towers hotel? :)

Seriously, unless you are set on the idea... it's expensive and frankly IMHO not worth it!

One time we went out of season though and the q's were much smaller, but there is a price to pay for smaller q's. British style weather :(

Chris

Tiggs 08 October 2005 07:34 AM

i know you want her to go but seriuosly...THINK hard.

1- the park is simply not that good, doesnt come close to Alton Towers and for the Disnet thing your kid will get as much out of it walking round your local Disney store.

2- the French....they really are crap. they que jump and have rucksacks in stupid colours.

3- your kid is VERY young for that place, i took mine at 3 (work freebie) and she just got bored queing and learnt to hate the French.

Hope she loves it if she goes....but theres better options out there (anywhere with less French people is a good start)

Tiggs 08 October 2005 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by little-ginge
If you don't mind people who queue jump, elbow barge, spit, hawk, ( and that was just me.. not!) then I would definately recommend Eurodisney..

lol...so true - makes the chavs at Alton Towers look like great kids!

Nimbus 08 October 2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tiggs
and she just got bored queing and learnt to hate the French.

so at least some good came of it then.... ;)

Patt@firstime 10 October 2005 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bald Speed Racing
We went a few years back, I thought it was good. Bit cold due to it being this time of the year. Good day out in my books

God damn I was ill that day :( :cry: