ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   time for change of sound but how?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/460793-time-for-change-of-sound-but-how.html)

mark28 30 September 2005 06:22 PM

time for change of sound but how??

does anyone know the best way to make my engine sound like horse every gear change??? lol :cuckoo:

richiewong 30 September 2005 06:31 PM

Nice free flowing exhaust system will do that, do a search for Hayward and Scott, Afterburner, Blitz NUR, TSL Firestorm etc

mark28 30 September 2005 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong
Nice free flowing exhaust system will do that, do a search for Hayward and Scott, Afterburner, Blitz NUR, TSL Firestorm etc

i have full exhaust sysem on it. not sure what make it is. was a present of my father-inlaw. he has 450bhp P1. so he sets the standard for me. lol. p.s dont see why exhaust makes a differance to the sound i am after.

Stiver3 30 September 2005 07:12 PM

If you after the 'woosh' its a dump valve

mark28 30 September 2005 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stiver3
If you after the 'woosh' its a dump valve

sorry but not after a dump valve sound. its poss the sound of the turbo spining down????? :cuckoo:

RoRu 30 September 2005 07:25 PM

I think the sound you are after is a kind of chattering, after i fitted my fmic my car started to make a chattering as air is forced out of the cone filter when lifting off.

mark28 30 September 2005 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by RoRu
I think the sound you are after is a kind of chattering, after i fitted my fmic my car started to make a chattering as air is forced out of the cone filter when lifting off.

think this is what i am after. so whats the best way to get it. anyone know??

flat4_ire 30 September 2005 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by mark28
sorry but not after a dump valve sound. its poss the sound of the turbo spining down????? :cuckoo:

ur an eejit

mark28 30 September 2005 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
ur an eejit

thanks for your input. help'd loads:razz:

jaytc2003 01 October 2005 08:23 AM

I get the chatter from the induction kit between gear changes

mark28 01 October 2005 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
I get the chatter from the induction kit between gear changes

chatter is correct. if i am correct cosworth's were able to produce this sound but to a very loud level. does anyone know what makes this awesome sound??

tarmac terror 02 October 2005 04:10 PM

Think you mean the chattering sound you her from in car shots on WRC cars?

Thats wastegate chatter, I think its caused by the blades in the turbo stalling as air from the inlet flows back through the inlet pipework and out through the air filter.

Nice noise (sounds feck all like a horse though!) but I think it puts excesive stresses on your turbo.... Worth it for some noise????

TT