ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Entrapment. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/460493-entrapment.html)

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 04:00 PM

Entrapment.

Has anyone been caught speeding by the sly plods that sit in unmarked vans at the side of the road, and got away with it?

I'm positive there is a loop somewhere in this!

Also, It was a 96mph in a 50mph altho I did think it was more with it being national speed limit, so what am I looking at if I have to pay the price??
Points or a short ban?? Anyone has the "unpleasure" :mad:

root 29 September 2005 04:02 PM

96 in a 50? :freak3:

DJ Dunk 29 September 2005 04:02 PM

:rolleyes:

davegtt 29 September 2005 04:05 PM

:rolleyes: the unpleasure? 96 in a 50, I hope they take your licence off you ;) Seriously though do you honestly think you have any reason to defend yourself at that sort of speed? Come on, If I was caught doing that speed on the motorway Id expect to be punished if the officer who caught me thought it nessisary but in a 50 zone and you feel you must fight it?

Bend over and take it.... Saying that if your really Ugly then its best you dont...lol ;) :p

JOKE btw

Moley 29 September 2005 04:06 PM

30 mph over the limit is often a ban, or at least 6 points

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 04:07 PM

Hmmm I suppose everyone sticks to the limits on here.

LUCKO 29 September 2005 04:08 PM

bend over and await penetration when you go before a magistrate. i got banned for 2 months for doing 63 in a 30 at 2am no other cars around

davegtt 29 September 2005 04:08 PM

No they dont, Im sure pretty much everyone who has ever graced these forums have sped, but presuming its miles out of the limit like yourself then most people would accept theyve been caught breaking the limit by some major margin and accept it.

Patt@firstime 29 September 2005 04:12 PM

Lock you up and throw away the key.

HTH

Daz34 29 September 2005 04:13 PM

How is this entrapment?
If you had an unmarked car driving up your arse pushing you on then I can see a case for entrapment.

555) 29 September 2005 04:17 PM

entrapment? there's a great shot in that film of catherine zeta-jones bending over and showing her fine rear end.

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
:rolleyes: the unpleasure? 96 in a 50, I hope they take your licence off you ;) Seriously though do you honestly think you have any reason to defend yourself at that sort of speed? Come on, If I was caught doing that speed on the motorway Id expect to be punished if the officer who caught me thought it nessisary but in a 50 zone and you feel you must fight it?

Bend over and take it.... Saying that if your really Ugly then its best you dont...lol ;) :p

JOKE btw

If I pay the price fair play, As far as I was concerned it was a 2 lane stretch no cars ( except the van parked up ;)) and I was just opening her up. Not racing.

I hate the bigbrother world we live in and feel that our every move will be monitored before long.

Yes I admit to breaking speed limits, never in a 30/40 or built up town area's, and I'm sure if most people are honest when a nice stretch of road appears all nice and clear with nation speed limit signs they hit the gas.

Ray_li 29 September 2005 04:18 PM

Burn is hell for your speeding.

When I used to design traffic enforcement picture boxes I was told if the plod did not display any speed camera signs up its classed as entrapment. might be worth a try or get your flame suit on cuz I heard hell is hot this time of the year

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Daz34
How is this entrapment?
If you had an unmarked car driving up your arse pushing you on then I can see a case for entrapment.

Why do they normally have signs stating that there are speed camera's?
I assumed it was something to do with pre-warning?

rik1471 29 September 2005 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Ugly M Lardarse
If I pay the price fair play, As far as I was concerned it was a 2 lane stretch no cars ( except the van parked up ;)) and I was just opening her up. Not racing.

I hate the bigbrother world we live in and feel that our every move will be monitored before long.

Yes I admit to breaking speed limits, never in a 30/40 or built up town area's, and I'm sure if most people are honest when a nice stretch of road appears all nice and clear with nation speed limit signs they hit the gas.

I agree, but if you're caught you have to take the punishment.

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ray_li
Burn is hell for your speeding.

When I used to design traffic enforcement picture boxes I was told if the plod did not display any speed camera signs up its classed as entrapment. might be worth a try or get your flame suit on cuz I heard hell is hot this time of the year

That's what I thought.

Ray_li 29 September 2005 04:28 PM

a few people I used to work with got off speeding cuz they had no signs up.

or by a origin B2. if you do let me know cuz I know someone that could sell it very cheap to me :D

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
How, exactly, does being caught by a Police officer in a stationary vehicle, constitute 'entrapment'?

Works van, No signs! What's wrong with good old police cars and speed cams?

I was speeding yes, but it's hardly crime of the century.
If I can get away with not getting disqualified I will try.

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ray_li
a few people I used to work with got off speeding cuz they had no signs up.

or by a origin B2. if you do let me know cuz I know someone that could sell it very cheap to me :D

LOL Ray ;)

Can I have one of those suits to burn in hell too?

Ray_li 29 September 2005 04:39 PM

dont know if he sells them but he makes a sh1t cup of coffee

mad_dr 29 September 2005 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Ugly M Lardarse
Why do they normally have signs stating that there are speed camera's?
I assumed it was something to do with pre-warning?

There WERE signs. They looked like this:

http://www.eastmead.com/images/50.jpg

Remember now?

LUCKO 29 September 2005 05:09 PM

mad dr

that's quality PMSL

davegtt 29 September 2005 05:10 PM

:lol:

Seriously though, I dont have a problem with you trying to keep your licence. If you was using your works van then a simple letter saying how you need your licence for your job etc from your employer should be enough to get you off a ban but at least admit you was speeding and take the punishment on the chin.

JackClark 29 September 2005 05:10 PM

96 would probably have looked like 110 on your speedo, that's what I call a fair cop.

Aaron C. Reskew 29 September 2005 05:47 PM

You'd best get used to using buses ;)

I'm not driving you everywhere :D

Ray_li 29 September 2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron C. Reskew

are we both giving her a ride?

SCOsazOBY 29 September 2005 07:07 PM

PMSL :D :D

Adrian F 29 September 2005 08:05 PM

50 zones are "Popping Up" all over the country frequently at Junctions in the middle of no where.

As to unmarked van worth looking into the ACPO guidelines as Partnerships are suppose to only use marked vehicles for enforcement I believe.

Also if it was in the Met Police area they have a White unmarked van with Hard hat etc on the dash so as to look like a builders vans (frequently parked near building sites ;) ) this is ANPR for road tax enforcement not speeding.

If it was a Traffic department they can use unmarked vehicles I believe. Essex Police use an unmarked old beaten up white Transit with a remote Laser gun on a long cable so van is out of sight behind bushes for example. Seen this myself in Harlow.

There are some sites that will have advice about fighting tickets the best person to talk to on here is Hedgehog

Just ignore the criticism above we will all be caught at some time as they keep lowing limits.

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron C. Reskew

:p I will get a chauffeur.......Unlimited use of the GTR should do the trick ;)

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 08:27 PM

How correct, Criticism I can take.
Just the fact that they were unmarked and are trying to do me for a 50 zone when it's clearly not pi88es me off.

Originally Posted by Adrian F
50 zones are "Popping Up" all over the country frequently at Junctions in the middle of no where.

As to unmarked van worth looking into the ACPO guidelines as Partnerships are suppose to only use marked vehicles for enforcement I believe.

Also if it was in the Met Police area they have a White unmarked van with Hard hat etc on the dash so as to look like a builders vans (frequently parked near building sites ;) ) this is ANPR for road tax enforcement not speeding.

If it was a Traffic department they can use unmarked vehicles I believe. Essex Police use an unmarked old beaten up white Transit with a remote Laser gun on a long cable so van is out of sight behind bushes for example. Seen this myself in Harlow.

There are some sites that will have advice about fighting tickets the best person to talk to on here is Hedgehog

Just ignore the criticism above we will all be caught at some time as they keep lowing limits.