ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Should Life mean Life? - Huntley get his decision today (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/460385-should-life-mean-life-huntley-get-his-decision-today.html)

The Zohan 29 September 2005 10:03 AM

Should Life mean Life? - Huntley get his decision today

The judge that tried Huntley is going to make a ruling on this today i heard on R5 Live this morning.

I fully agree that in the case Huntley he should never, ever be released.
Same goes for any child murderers or anyone who commits 1st degree murder - which i understand means premeditated murder.

Do you feel life should mean life and Huntley should be put behind bars for good?
Huntley should have been put to death?
or be elligable for parole in 15-25 years?

Leslie 29 September 2005 10:16 AM

Should have been topped!

Les

dpb 29 September 2005 10:47 AM

life for a life ...!

Andrew Dixon 29 September 2005 10:51 AM

A life sentence has never automatically meant the rest of life in prison. However in this case, all signs seem to be pointing towards a full-life tariff. Which in my opinion is correct.

GC8 29 September 2005 10:51 AM

I don't think that the British justice system distinguishes between first or second degree murder... With regard to Ian Huntley; the longer he's incarcerated the greater the chance that he will be killed by another inmate. I'd be surprised if he ever leaves prison, irrespective of the length of his sentence.

Simon

Johnny50 29 September 2005 10:53 AM

Just heard that he`s been given a 40yr minimum.

fitzscoob 29 September 2005 10:53 AM

Should stay in prison for the remainder of his days.

Hanslow 29 September 2005 10:53 AM

Life should mean 'donated to medical science' ;)

Jamo 29 September 2005 10:54 AM

hes been given a minimum of 40 years

Chip Sengravy 29 September 2005 10:57 AM

These people should be slowly lowered, feet fiirst into an tank of hydrogen flouride, on live TV.

Patt@firstime 29 September 2005 11:46 AM

He should be the 24th person in history to be told life means life.

Hope the fcuker dies a very slow, long, painful death :mad:

Chip Sengravy 29 September 2005 11:50 AM

Perhaps they should let Marko Martin drive him home from court?

Problem solved :idea:

davegtt 29 September 2005 11:57 AM

Why lock him up? I dont get it, if hes never going to be allowed back into the public whats the point keeping him locked away from society? may aswell terminate his life? These people should be used in a way where they can repay their debt to the country by working their socks off. Should stick them on a big wheel like an hamster and get them to run around in circles to produce electricity for the rest of the inmates who did a lesser crime :D

Otherwise their life is pointless and may aswell be killed off since theyre using alot of the countries resources and money....

No?

Miss Ugly M Lardarse 29 September 2005 11:58 AM

And it could have all been prevented, had they listened to the 12 year old girl that sat on film declaring he should be locked up before he did it again. What sort of encouragement does it give to young children who are abused to go to the authorities in charge??

It makes my blood boil to think that child abuser's, who ruin innocents lives get away with most crimes, until they kill.
Yet if you plonked a copper on the nose and hurt his male pride you'd get a few years.

Dazzler 29 September 2005 12:34 PM

Let him rot in prison, with the constant fear of attack from inmates. That is better than letting his life be terminated early and only enduring a quick, relatively painless death!
Should give him a taster of what hell's like.

mart360 29 September 2005 12:39 PM

life= life.....

i reccomend he is immidiatly released and tagged, his whereabouts made public, and no police intervention....

alternativly release him with a ball and chain, and to spend the rest of his days in the stocks in Soham town centre

failing that, a bullet would solve the matter once and for all

M

CrisPDuk 29 September 2005 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
Perhaps they should let Marko Martin drive him home from court?

Problem solved :idea:

A bit to far into the realms of bad tast IMO:nono:

They should just make sure he serves his term amongst the general population:mad:

Chip Sengravy 29 September 2005 12:47 PM

ZZZZZzzz

ScoobyDoo555 29 September 2005 12:49 PM

time for a poll (but YES, life means life)

Dan

Spoon 29 September 2005 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
A bit to far into the realms of bad tast IMO:nono:

Yes, a bit like your location. :)

MattW 29 September 2005 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by mart360
alternativly release him with a ball and chain, and to spend the rest of his days in the stocks in Soham town centre

How about Brighton, with his pants down ;)