ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   6 speed dccd into classic sti ra with 5 speed dccd (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/460317-6-speed-dccd-into-classic-sti-ra-with-5-speed-dccd.html)

talbotsteve 28 September 2005 10:22 PM

6 speed dccd into classic sti ra with 5 speed dccd

ls any one aware of the connections on the two boxes (5 speed dccd/6 speed dccd)for control of the centre diff,my car (95 wrx sti ra)had the 6 speed box (code confirms its fitted with dccd) fitted when l bought it but the adjustable switch doesn't appear to work neither does the dash illumination!!!
Are the classis sti dccd loom connectors the same as the new age impreza dccd gearbox connector or are there more or less wires on either??
Any help greatfully welcomed,
regards steve

Paulo P 29 September 2005 12:18 AM

It sounds like it's either not wired up or missing the ecu for it Steve :(

APIDavid 29 September 2005 09:32 AM

As far as I am aware the 6 speed dccd fits in and runs perfectly, connected straight to the 5 speed dccd loom and wiring. It's certainly what we have done when fitting them.

Paul is on the right track, in that, you must either have a broken connection to the dccd ECu or the ECu is not there or faulty.

The thumbwheel is just a potentiometer with one wire in and one out. Ditto the feed to the gearbox, one in, one out. Assuming connection and feed there, it can only be the Ecu or the wiring associated with it.

Is the light ' Xmas tree ' actually there behind the speedo?

Good Luck

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com

talbotsteve 29 September 2005 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by APIDavid
As far as I am aware the 6 speed dccd fits in and runs perfectly, connected straight to the 5 speed dccd loom and wiring. It's certainly what we have done when fitting them.

Paul is on the right track, in that, you must either have a broken connection to the dccd ECu or the ECu is not there or faulty.

The thumbwheel is just a potentiometer with one wire in and one out. Ditto the feed to the gearbox, one in, one out. Assuming connection and feed there, it can only be the Ecu or the wiring associated with it.

Is the light ' Xmas tree ' actually there behind the speedo?

Good Luck

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com

lts surprising and comforting to hear you say this as you supplied the gearbox and diff back in march to the previous owner,though i am not sure whether you fitted the items,did you supply the ecu for the gearbox?
Where would i find the ecu so i can check??
cheers steve

R25 sti 29 September 2005 05:53 PM

if you have no luck sorting your problem.....take it of and sell it to me.....cheers.

talbotsteve 29 September 2005 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by R25 sti
if you have no luck sorting your problem.....take it of and sell it to me.....cheers.

buddy the whole car is in the forsale section

APIDavid 30 September 2005 09:04 AM

The ECU for the Dccd is either under the radio or the radio area or hanging from a bracket by the steering column, if I remember. No doubt someone will correct me if I am off the pace.

Don't think we fitted it, who was the customer?? PM me if you want to keep it confidential.

David APi Impreza / APi Engines
www.apiengines.com

Originally Posted by talbotsteve
lts surprising and comforting to hear you say this as you supplied the gearbox and diff back in march to the previous owner,though i am not sure whether you fitted the items,did you supply the ecu for the gearbox?
Where would i find the ecu so i can check??
cheers steve

Kael 30 September 2005 09:40 AM

G,Day!

Remove the lower part of the dashboard underneath the steering wheel and look under the steering column. You will see it there!

talbotsteve 30 September 2005 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=APIDavid]The ECU for the Dccd is either under the radio or the radio area or hanging from a bracket by the steering column, if I remember. No doubt someone will correct me if I am off the pace.

Don't think we fitted it, who was the customer?? PM me if you want to keep it confidential.

David APi Impreza / APi Engines

Hi david and kael,thanks for the info l'll take a look.
No worries about being confidential,as i have no problems i just wanted to see if i could get this thing (dccd) working was all.The guy who got the bits off yourselves (api) was an A.Cliffe from halifax,i have bills for a diff box and downpipe,l suppose i could do with tracking him down to get some gen on the car really.
cheers steve

talbotsteve 30 September 2005 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
It sounds like it's either not wired up or missing the ecu for it Steve :(

Cheers paul sorry to have not aknowledged your post,winking smilley
steve

APIDavid 03 October 2005 06:36 PM

Steve, A. Cliffe turned up out of the blue one day, bought a box and diff and went again

Never heard of him before or since.

I suspect he just fitted what he bought, lost interest abd moved on.

Sorry can't be much more help really as far as he's concerned

Good Luck David APi

talbotsteve 03 October 2005 07:32 PM

Cheers for that dave i suppose i'll figure it out some how.l have had the lower dash panel and the steering column cowling off and found no ecu,however i can't see where it would have gone if there was one??
Do you have any dccd ecu's and if so how much would it be?
regards steve forrest