ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   DCCD-A Which models have it ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/460104-dccd-a-which-models-have-it.html)

Scooba Driver 28 September 2005 09:14 AM

DCCD-A Which models have it ?

Which models are fitted with DCCD-A and how much difference does it make to the handling of the car ?

Cheers

ex-webby 28 September 2005 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scooba Driver
Which models are fitted with DCCD-A and how much difference does it make to the handling of the car ?

Cheers

MY03 > Spec C & JDM STi

MY05 > UK STi's

Depends on what your comparing it against?

You can either kill yourself quicker or improve the cars capabilities, depending on how you have your "little wheel" set. A lot of drivers may not even realise any difference whilst set in AUTO mode. While others will (by pushing the car harder) and then the others that use the manual mode and whack the diff fully open, will be going sideways everywhere! lol

Regards,
Shaun.

Luminous 28 September 2005 03:22 PM

So the cars now finally push into oversteer with the correct diff setting? The last I heard on here was a guy with a MY05 that was getting loads of understeer with the diff fully open. People then came on to tell him to close it a little to allow the fronts wheels to pull the car around the corner and reduce the understeer.

So confused :confused: Just want a car that has a neutral > oversteer bias.

Am sick of my classic just pushing wide all the time, its no fun at all :(

Spec'c'57 28 September 2005 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous
So the cars now finally push into oversteer with the correct diff setting? The last I heard on here was a guy with a MY05 that was getting loads of understeer with the diff fully open. People then came on to tell him to close it a little to allow the fronts wheels to pull the car around the corner and reduce the understeer.

So confused :confused: Just want a car that has a neutral > oversteer bias.

Am sick of my classic just pushing wide all the time, its no fun at all :(

:eek: they sure do if wound right back... ;) next months J-Tuner will show that rather well.... ;) bruntingthorpe + spec'c' = SIDEWAYS & donuts mode.... :norty: oh and new tyres the following week.... :p

Luminous 28 September 2005 03:41 PM

Good good :thumb:

I may well not defect to the dark side just yet then :)

ChriSTi 28 September 2005 04:00 PM

I think the MY 06 has it fitted aswell I'm not sure ?

Scooba Driver 28 September 2005 05:02 PM

Thanks for all the replies.
I was misled into thinking some of the earlier bugeye STIs also had it as I had seen one advertised with 'diff lock'. I'm now of the opinion this can't be right, or did some of them just have DCCD, without the auto mode ?

pippyrips 28 September 2005 05:14 PM

i know the uk spec bug-eyes didn't have it, not too sure about the jdm ones. Jdm bob-eyes do :D