ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   HELP IMMEDIATELY PLEASE (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/460022-help-immediately-please.html)

zakk 27 September 2005 08:24 PM

HELP IMMEDIATELY PLEASE

Someone broke in to my 97 facelift classic last night and attempted a theft, they were unsuccessful but they broke off the barrel (which im gonna replace along wiith the cowlin) but stole the cowlin!!! i believe that contains the transponder for the immobiliser. So now the car is ''immobilised;; and wont start - the check engine light flashes.

im not sure if another transponder from the same model will fit or not.

please help im stuck big time and dont know what i have to do.. to fix it.

stann01 27 September 2005 08:29 PM

where you situated? area like, getting worried now! alot of attempted thefts yikes....

zakk 27 September 2005 09:41 PM

a bad part of birmingham,

please some one must know...

pimmo2000 27 September 2005 10:17 PM

Ring Subaru Mate

miles25 27 September 2005 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by zakk
Someone broke in to my 97 facelift classic last night and attempted a theft, they were unsuccessful but they broke off the barrel (which im gonna replace along wiith the cowlin) but stole the cowlin!!! i believe that contains the transponder for the immobiliser. So now the car is ''immobilised;; and wont start - the check engine light flashes.

im not sure if another transponder from the same model will fit or not.

please help im stuck big time and dont know what i have to do.. to fix it.

Hi Zakk, gutted mate :(

Ring subaru they'll be best for immobiliser stuff. If you need any help let me know I'm not far from you :)

zakk 28 September 2005 10:18 PM

well the consensus is tht ill have to ring subaru so ill have to try them, i know ill need the vin number, is it on the mot cert?? where aout is it on the car?

regards and thanx for thr replys guys

LegacySTi 28 September 2005 10:29 PM

UNDERNEATH DRIVER SIDE WIPER ON BULKHEAD!!!

well the consensus is tht ill have to ring subaru so ill have to try them, i know ill need the vin number, is it on the mot cert?? where aout is it on the car?

regards and thanx for thr replys guys

recopish 28 September 2005 10:29 PM

**** man you in deep, hope you got a few hundred quid spare , not wanting to sound narsty, but theres alot of money and paper work to be handed over.and not to you.
all the best, and a crime to you is a crime to these BIG CAR company worship$$$$$

zakk 29 September 2005 09:45 PM

does anyone know what the subaru dealer would charge for a new lock set and to re-programme the immobiliser? need to know asap guys thnx

zakk 30 September 2005 06:10 PM

to answer my own question: around £450+!!! what the ??!!! so i want to get a 2nd hand barrel and lock set...however...they would be from a my 98 and mnes a 97, these do come wth the ch1pped key but no transponder, can the transponder from my car (assumng 1ts stll there as dont know where 1t 1s!!) be programmed to those locks/keys

need to know asap guys as m not prepared to pay £450 qud to subaru plus £100 for a tow truck!!

Turbotits 30 September 2005 06:14 PM

It may be posible to remove the chip from your old key and put it into the replacment key.If this can be done no programing would be needed.

ScoobyDoo555 30 September 2005 06:48 PM

as it's an attempted theft, why not claim on the insurance, unless your excess is more than £450.....

Hope you get it sorted soon,

Dan :)

zakk 30 September 2005 08:01 PM

whereabouts 1s the transponder on the car exactly on the car does anyone know??

bikerthou 30 September 2005 08:12 PM

surley the transponder is the chip in the head of the key which sends a signal to the ecu via the aerial round the ignition barrel

zakk 30 September 2005 08:18 PM

ah thats just what 1 heard earl1er!!

so thats why 1ts not startng....cos theres no s1gnal reach1ng the ecu

so then 1f 1 got a barrel from the same model year or even a barrel wth a transponder and matchng key....surely they could be programmed to my car's ecu??!!

zakk 30 September 2005 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by miles25
Hi Zakk, gutted mate :(

Ring subaru they'll be best for immobiliser stuff. If you need any help let me know I'm not far from you :)

btw m1les thanx for your sympathy and most probably w1ll need your help...1'll pm you when 1 do. cheers mate.

miles25 01 October 2005 01:58 AM

btw m1les thanx for your sympathy and most probably w1ll need your help...1'll pm you when 1 do. cheers mate.

Just let me know mate :)