ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The PPP pack is it worth it? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/459368-the-ppp-pack-is-it-worth-it.html)

Rangers05champions 25 September 2005 12:39 PM

The PPP pack is it worth it?

Having just sold my house last week I have a few bob hanging about for the first time in yonks lol

My 05 wasn't fitted with the PPP so I'm thinking bout getting it done. Is it worth 1600? Or can I even get it done for 1600 if the car has 3k on the clock? Ta

minted_aye 25 September 2005 12:48 PM

Is it an sti or wrx? STI I have with the ppp and would recommend + your warranty will not be affected, what are you waiting for get it booked in me old mate...

Originally Posted by Rangers05champions
Having just sold my house last week I have a few bob hanging about for the first time in yonks lol

My 05 wasn't fitted with the PPP so I'm thinking bout getting it done. Is it worth 1600? Or can I even get it done for 1600 if the car has 3k on the clock? Ta

Trap2Terrorist 25 September 2005 12:51 PM

I haven't had my MY01 WRX done as it's out of warranty so am going for an ecutek remap instead.

However, I was looking at getting PPP done before deciding on ecutek and EVERYONE I spoke to said :thumb:, get in done ASAP!!!! Apparently it makes the car a completely different experience. It will also keep your warranty intact...http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon6.gif

Smeatser 25 September 2005 02:55 PM

had an extended test drive in a std wrx and bought a 05 wagon with PPP, the difference is awsome, the burble, the roar, the massive additional power burst... just everything!!!!,.......oh but then there is the fuel!, sod it it is well worth the extra money for the sound alone!Get it booked in for the PPP as anything else will shaft your warranty!

ru' 25 September 2005 03:03 PM

Get it done!! It'll make the car what it should've been in the first place. :D

pippyrips 25 September 2005 03:22 PM

pound for pound you can get a better performance from something other than the PPP - with the PPP though it enables you to keep you warranty

smokebelch 25 September 2005 04:11 PM

Ive often wondered if it can be added to / improved, like the ecutek setup for instance or is that it?

For example, say after having the PPP, you want to fit a full decat?

pippyrips 25 September 2005 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by smokebelch
Ive often wondered if it can be added to / improved, like the ecutek setup for instance or is that it?

For example, say after having the PPP, you want to fit a full decat?

i think the car needs a new mappable chip ?

Rangers05champions 25 September 2005 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by minted_aye
Is it an sti or wrx? STI I have with the ppp and would recommend + your warranty will not be affected, what are you waiting for get it booked in me old mate...

A WRX mate, I'm just waiting a month til all the sale goes through on my house then I'm off to get it done :norty:

DANGEROUS DAVY 25 September 2005 07:55 PM

try it it makes the hearts go like f--k

New_scooby_04 25 September 2005 08:03 PM

A WRX mate, I'm just waiting a month til all the sale goes through on my house then I'm off to get it done :norty:

Boils down to the warranty mate. PPP is the only tuning option that allows you to keep it!

PPP is very good indeed. If the warranty is not an issue there are equally good/arguably better alternatives, that are certainly better value for money.

NS04

zoney-WRX 25 September 2005 09:18 PM

i opted for the ppp pack on my05 Sti and its fantastic when i was taking the demo for a test run it was a standard sti when i picked the new 1 up with the ppp kit i could tell the diff even though i was trying to keep below 4000rpm lol

codie247 25 September 2005 10:07 PM

had ppp fitted a few months ago to my02 STi. loving it. also loving how much better the car is to drive, nice and smooth. defo get it IMO.
Lee

Sandman 27 September 2005 12:43 AM

Speak to the guys at TSL Motorsport first, I've got a 01 WRX, full de -cat and Ecutek 3 re map, Excellent !!!, now develops around 283 BHP and 279 llb Torque.
Hope it helps
Sandman.