ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Black Leather Interior - Boring or Classy? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/459361-black-leather-interior-boring-or-classy.html)

STEVECHAPS 25 September 2005 12:09 PM

Black Leather Interior - Boring or Classy?

Which do you reckon or does it depend on the car?

16vmarc 25 September 2005 12:10 PM

Classic id say, coloured leather ie beige, grey etc looks cheaper imo

Steely Glint 25 September 2005 12:41 PM

I like it but it don't half burn me arse on hot sunny days:D

ALi-B 25 September 2005 12:55 PM

Depends on the quality of the leather and fitment.

For example, the leather on Jap cars is usually very nasty, aftermarket leather seats can be very poorly stictched and fitted. Also the basic spec leather on 3 series Beamers is very naff....Can't beat proper Connolly, Nappa or the "old" leather you find on old luxury cars :cool:

Petem95 25 September 2005 12:55 PM

Makes the whole interior look dark, gloomy and un-inviting.

Dark grey is nice!

SiDHEaD 25 September 2005 12:58 PM

Classy - but then I would say that ;)

J4CKO 25 September 2005 02:55 PM

Boring, looks quite nice but its so souless, I had a Rover BRM with red leather which was a bit shocking but at least it wasnt a silver german diesel car with black leather interior which the whole country seems to thing is the height of class, it isnt, look at the numbers of Silver Audi's, BMW's and Merc outside some of the naffest looking 'Executive' housing available in the UK. I do agree that compared to some of the colours you can get its the easiest on the eye and for resale as nobody really wants baby poo beige or bus drivers leather jacket grey, I think a bit of imagination is called for, subtle bits of colour to break up the black. Someone on here just got a three series coupe and that had what looked like red or burgundy leather and it looked cool despite being a 3 series which is way too common to normally be cool.

Nicks VR4 25 September 2005 04:23 PM

The local Scooby / Mits garage gave me a Legacy with Black Leather it was like sitting on Concrete
It took me 6 1/2 hours to drive up north time i got out of the car my a$re was numb back was hurting

I have beige leather and it looks very nice and its very comfy :)

Tiggs 25 September 2005 04:26 PM

"naffest looking 'Executive' housing available in the UK."

may look naff but at least its not filled with local goverment workers and housing association bods.

GC8 25 September 2005 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggs
"naffest looking 'Executive' housing available in the UK."

may look naff but at least its not filled with local goverment workers and housing association bods.

Comments Tiggs; presumably from the study in his detached mock-Georgian Barratt four-bed.....

MikeCardiff 25 September 2005 05:18 PM

Dont like black, often looks a bit cheap and nasty, my wifes MGF has cream with blue trim to match the paintwork and IMO it looks much nicer, same as some Jags I've seen with the cream / fake walnut combo - makes the inside brighter as well

mattvortex 25 September 2005 05:29 PM

ive got olive leather with grey piping in my green mica Impreza. The first owner ordered it as a factory option. Its not the best quality leather but it goes well with the car and ive never seen another with olive leather either!

midget1500 25 September 2005 06:26 PM

black can make the car very dark. i think it can also age badly.

my clk has a grey leather interior, that combined with the blue tinted windows looks very bright and classy IMHO against the black car.

LG John 25 September 2005 06:29 PM

I've had cloth, velour, the interesting stuff the classic turbo seats are covered in, french grey, french cream leather and now jap black leather. The black leather looks and feels the best by far - I prefer leather in a car provided its been well looked after and isn't utter cheap leather.

Leslie 26 September 2005 02:27 PM

I've got light silver grey leather in the M3 and it is cool in summer as well looking really smart. Black makes the car too dark.

Les

Patt@firstime 26 September 2005 02:29 PM

Black leather - best interior IMO :cool:

Husaberk 26 September 2005 03:11 PM

Piping = chintz. Tat

The Trooper 1815 26 September 2005 03:32 PM

Clean sticky stuff off much easier!!! Ask the girls. Tee Hee!!!!!

EddScott 26 September 2005 04:00 PM

I think it depends on the car.

If I had an Audi or something posh and german then I would want leather. My Impreza on the other hand I prefer not to have leather.

InvisibleMan 26 September 2005 04:16 PM

gay