ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How to negotiate pay for diff job? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/459342-how-to-negotiate-pay-for-diff-job.html)

Ray_li 25 September 2005 09:43 AM

How to negotiate pay for diff job?

My girlfriends department has all been made redundant but they have decided only to keep her and offered her a new job from an Assistant Buyer to an Assistant Procurement & Estimation data Analyst (job title not finalised)

She having a meeting with one of the company Directors and HR but she doesn’t know how to negotiate a pay rise as she's on p1ss poor money at the mo.

Does anybody know the going rate for an Assistant Procurement & Estimation data Analyst or similar role?

This is the first company she has worked for since graduating and has been with the company for over a yr.

Big a1 27 September 2005 09:46 AM

Suppose it depends on location, but i'm a buyer after (worked for 9 months since graduating) and I get 15.5k which is not great but I know how hard it is to
get a job so I can put up with it for time being. This is in the midlands.

I think she should be hoping for as close to 20k with a years experience assuming she is not on 10k or the like at the moment.

With regards to negotiating pay I think she just needs to bring it up as soon as possible or else they will use the fact she hasn't mentioned it to their advantage.

HTH:)

Reality 27 September 2005 09:53 AM

Pay negotiations should be started from a position of strength.

By the sounds of it I'd get her to take what they offer and negotiate once she's done the new job for a while and the "other redundant folk" are long gone.

Provided they don't take the piss eg Offer her less than she's on now etc. ;)

Drunken Bungle Whore 27 September 2005 12:19 PM

First thing you need to do is a bit of reasearch! Get on the net and check out all the Assistant Buyer jobs available. Read all the job descriptions and check out the salary levels and locations and compare it to your situation.

Good places to start are Total Jobs, Monster, Reed etc etc. I just took a quick peek and found half a dozen jobs really quickly. Try big companies own websites too - I would imagine M&S and the like advertise their jobs on their own websites as well. You also need to take into account what competition in the market place is like - are employers likely to pay over the odds because there's not enough experienced people around? Maybe a quick chat with an agency could help?

Once you've got a clear picture of the marketplace then you're in a much better position to negotiate!

Good luck!

:thumb:

R1916v 27 September 2005 09:30 PM

I know the trainee buyers get around 16-18k (from what I remember) ay my place, so being an assistant buyer, but with experiance I'd imagine around that.

but then again down here salaries tend to be lower :(