ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Calling our Scottish cousins ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/458361-calling-our-scottish-cousins.html)

Terminator X 20 September 2005 08:44 PM

Calling our Scottish cousins ...

All.

Spending the weekend in Scotland soon (28 Oct). Looking to hire a Scoob for the weekend ie Fri to Sun. Ideal would be an Sti Spec C but an Sti would be OK. Had a look on the Net with Google but FA there...

Can anyone help out with some appropriate names, nrs or websites?

Will be flying to Inverness and then driving to Thurso in the North.

Cheers.

TX.

craigdmcd 20 September 2005 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X
All.

Spending the weekend in Scotland soon (28 Oct). Looking to hire a Scoob for the weekend ie Fri to Sun. Ideal would be an Sti Spec C but an Sti would be OK. Had a look on the Net with Google but FA there...

Can anyone help out with some appropriate names, nrs or websites?

Will be flying to Inverness and then driving to Thurso in the North.

Cheers.

TX.

I would seriously doubt that you'll be able to hire anything other than standard hire cars from Avis etc in the Inverness area. The only place that I've heard of in Scotland is a place in the Central belt (between Glasgow and Edinburgh) that advertises in Evo magazine. A word to the wise, if you have time, travel up through Ullapool on the west coast and then cross country on some of the best roads Britain has to offer, don't use the A9, as it's far heavier Policed and has more cameras. If you do this, enjoy your drive. By the way I know this because the outlaws live 30 miles west of Ullapool, and it takes me longer to get there from Glasgow than it would to go to the NEC in Birmingham.

Terminator X 20 September 2005 11:21 PM

Cheers Craig, I'll check Evo.

Spot on re the roads in the north of Scotland, must be some of the best roads in the country? I've got a Road Angel so speed cameras shouldn't be any problem ... you're right though, best avoid the A9.

TX.

Ennoch 21 September 2005 12:27 AM

They are very sneaky on the A9 and are getting worse by the week. Just be careful. There is alot of fast moving traffic so just keep a mile or two slower than the fastest in the group and you're less likely to be done. Although, having said that they might choose to pull yu regardless if you're going too fast. Once north of Inverness you're normally pretty ok. They also tend to use handheld guns rather than safetly cameras. HTH.

Dark 21 September 2005 08:40 AM

The car rental place that Craig is talking about is Rio Prestige in Livingston.

However I don't think they have anything like an Impreza, it's all high end Merc's, Lambo's, Porsches, Ferrari's, etc.

Best bet might be to try the local Subaru dealer in Inverness, most of the dealers will hire you a car for the weekend. Or you could ask for a 48hr test drive !!!

From Inverness head north west, the roads are amazing but bear in mind that the only other town with SUL is Ullapool !!!

Mark

Terminator X 22 September 2005 12:55 AM

Good idea Mark, I'll try Subaru up there.

Further good comment re the fuel! I'm used to buying fuel at every street corner!!

Couldn't find anything in current ed of Evo mag ...

TX.

Dark 22 September 2005 08:32 AM

Page 176 in the Oct issue of Evo

www.rioprestige.com

Mark

Terminator X 22 September 2005 11:20 PM

Mark.

Oh yeah, remember it now; legs of the female in the add are fantastic (legs akimbo the steering wheel) ...

TX.