ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Month off the booze? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/457792-month-off-the-booze.html)

16vmarc 18 September 2005 05:48 PM

Month off the booze?

Im going to have a month off the booze next month (need to lose a stone!), i went all night on friday on just cordial and still had a good time so know i can do it! I think i may have got a bit pissed on the taurine intake though as i still felt crap on saturday!

Has anyone done it and managed to last a whole month?

Oh and any bad points to drinking a lot of taurine/diluted orange etc? I drink a litre a day at work (manual job) and was wondering!!!

6` 2 and currently 13st 10, i was 12.5 last year before i started getting greedy with the pizzas and 3 sessions a week! Looks like ive reached the age where im no longer burning off everything!

Leslie 18 September 2005 05:57 PM

Too much citric acid can also give you a stomach problem. Think it would be over a longish period of time though.

Good luck with the slimming.

Les

Brendan Hughes 18 September 2005 06:15 PM

Not sure about taurine, but you may well feel crap the morning after drinking sugary drinks - I think they dehydrate you. I'd go out and stay on lemonade and coke, and wake up with almost as bad a head as the rest of them. I felt cheated...

ALi-B 18 September 2005 06:25 PM

TBH the soft drinks are almost as bad as the beer (and teh diet versions are potentially worse long term). Stick to beer and just don't drink as much ;)

I find too much orange juice or anything citrus gives me acid indigestion. And obviously anything else is loaded to the brim with sugar (sort of defeating the point of your diet really).

ben1413 18 September 2005 06:33 PM

Try just drinking water, a great way to keep the body hydrated and it's not bad for you!

My brother always goes on a detox for the whole of January and stays off the booze. He's done it 8 years in a row now. Just drinks water. You end up going to the tiolet twice as much but it is good for the body (body is a temple and all that!)

Good luck with it anyway, I didn't last a week when I tried!!

Ben

16vmarc 18 September 2005 06:51 PM

Ill be sure to top this when i start !!!

RON 18 September 2005 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ben1413
Try just drinking water, a great way to keep the body hydrated and it's not bad for you!

And whats even better is the fact that you don't normally have to pay for it!!!

Lee247 18 September 2005 09:25 PM

Why not just exercise, for your height, 13st 10 doesn't sound bad. And drink half's instead of pints. good luck :thumb:

paul-s 18 September 2005 11:16 PM

I done this for the whole month of January, it felt good in that i didnt wake up with hangovers, but I had to steer clear of pubs so as not to tempt me and on the occasions i did go in i just didnt enjoy it.
Ive also put on weight this year and was sayin i need a detox today. Just need to arrange it for when theres no nights out planned.
Im on a 6 month kebab break for a 40 quid bet, done 4 months so far. before that i was eating 3 a week and i probably will after. same with beer, after a detox its just back to the old ways. I just love gettin p1ssed too much ! :D :D

logiclee 18 September 2005 11:32 PM

Did it for three months after a health problem.

Stay clear of all sorts of pop and dilute drinks.

I was told Original Ribena is OK for the body but full of calories so no good if the aim of the detox is to loose weight.

Stick to genuine fruit juice and water.

Cheers
Lee

Steely Glint 18 September 2005 11:37 PM

A month off the booze? Just do it 16v.:thumb: :D
I've been on the wagon for 18 months now and have no intention of falling off it.
If you can do alcohol in moderation then you've cracked it mate:D

rb5_336 19 September 2005 09:14 AM

I recently did this, managed it easy as I normally only drike at the weekend anyway. Went down from 12st 5 to 11 st 9. That's with slightly less exercise than normal also