ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Andy F - TEK 3/Apexi Remaps in WALES (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/457284-andy-f-tek-3-apexi-remaps-in-wales.html)

turboDean 16 September 2005 12:28 PM

Andy F - TEK 3/Apexi Remaps in WALES

Andy F is going to be coming down to remap my car and taff RA's car in the middle of Octber probably the 20th. He can do 2 cars per day.

Wide is also interested in getting his done so we are looking for a forth person to join in to reduce the travelling costs.

If there is enough interest he could come for 3 days and do 6 cars.

Check out this thread for prices and other details:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=441119

Andy is holding these group buy prices until the end of sept.

Anybody who would definatly like to join who is available on the 19th or 21st let me know.

EddScott 16 September 2005 01:30 PM

So is that £699 for the FC without commander and then £65 for his travelling costs? Is this a cash job only or can the card take the hit?

Just asking for now.

Ta.

turboDean 16 September 2005 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott
So is that £699 for the FC without commander and then £65 for his travelling costs? Is this a cash job only or can the card take the hit?

Just asking for now.

Ta.

Yeah thats right, i'm planning on paying up front with my card for the mapping (to keep the group buy price), then probably pay cash for the travelling costs on the day.

DannyBoy007 16 September 2005 03:27 PM

I've dropped andy a Pm as need to find out how much the mapping cost as already have a tek liecense, but put me down a maybe depending on price

wide 16 September 2005 07:06 PM

Ok its prob good for me, and I need it

turboDean 17 September 2005 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
I've dropped andy a Pm as need to find out how much the mapping cost as already have a tek liecense, but put me down a maybe depending on price

I'm going to try and get hold of him by phone on Monday, so i will ask then aswell.

DIPSY 17 September 2005 02:50 PM

If you look on Andy f website there is prices for both ecutek and apexi there must be vat on the top of this.It will be the best money you will spend on your .I my classic remaped by Andy at awd in Scotland i had a licence on it all ready had one off these tek2 exchange job .What a difference he makes to the car after remap you be well pleased with the end results

simb 2 17 September 2005 08:43 PM

There some cracking offers there!!

simb

cts5555 19 September 2005 12:45 PM

I could be interested if i got any £ left after fixing mine!! Ill keep an eye on this for now, but keep me updated. I take it these are tuned on the road?

pippyrips 19 September 2005 03:08 PM

has a price been found out yet for a map if you already have a tek 3 licence??

turboDean 20 September 2005 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by pippyrips
has a price been found out yet for a map if you already have a tek 3 licence??

No not yet, have been trying to phone him today but no answer, have just sent him an e-mail.

DannyBoy007 20 September 2005 03:16 PM

I have £350 plus your share of travelling cost, I'm just waiting for a couple of other to come back to me (Scoobyclinic and power engineering) and I'll let you know whether I'm in or not.

DannyBoy007 20 September 2005 05:03 PM

I'm a no go on this, Goner have it done by Power Engineering, I know it's a bit of trek to them but it's done on a rolling road so I know what I'm getting and it's £100 cheaper

turboDean 23 September 2005 11:32 AM

Now have a forth person wanting Tek3 (andrew) now have his details.

Wide - Waiting for the details for your car.

If anyone else is still interested we will need another 2 people to make it 3 days.

Had a mail back off andy with prices people wanted:

pippyrips - A remap of an existing Tek3 from another tuner is £350. If it is an original Tek3 from me then it is only £200.

scoobypeterpump - To remap a Power FC is £220. Fitting is £20 for a uk car, free for a JDM car. A remap of my own Power FC map is £100

TAFF-RA 02 October 2005 04:53 AM

dean, can you get a price for the ra, and billing details.probably use my flexi friend but want to sort it before i get back from work.
cheers.
19 days + counting :) :norty: :norty:

ScoobyDawg 02 October 2005 04:11 PM

VERY INTRESTED

Hi m8

I am very intrested, my car is currently being resprayed its nearly finished just the small bits to do. I may have it back the week b4.

JDM 1998 WRX Type-R V-Limited.

If I get it back in time I will PM you.

I was in contact via email with Andy F a while ago I will need to contact him again just to ask if the car needs anything else.

I would like a commander as well.

Da Dawg

Dave uk blue mica 02 October 2005 07:08 PM

just my opinion but i think the re-map fee is a bit expensive, pat re-mapped mine for £50 which was great, why charge so much when the original licence fee has already been paid

tath 04 October 2005 12:32 AM

I need a PFC mapped in North Wales if you're still looking? It would save me the 600 mile drive to Scotland and about £800 in Optimax :D

DannyBoy007 04 October 2005 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dave uk blue mica
just my opinion but i think the re-map fee is a bit expensive, pat re-mapped mine for £50 which was great, why charge so much when the original licence fee has already been paid

Tell me about it, I always thought that once the licence was bought on the first remap then all others would be miles cheaper around the £150, not £350 upwards :nono:

I can understand paying around £200 if it's being done a rolling road. but all these ECUTEK ecu's you see for sale with a exchange of your Ecu just ain't worth it, if you then have to spend £350 again

cts5555 21 October 2005 07:09 PM

Is this still happening at all?

scoobypeterpump 21 October 2005 08:20 PM

sorry mate
andy went back home few hours ago.
peter

Originally Posted by cts5555
Is this still happening at all?

turboDean 22 October 2005 12:44 PM

Hope everyone who had there car done by Andy was happy.

I'm very pleased with my car and would highly recommend Andy, very nice guy who knows what he's talking about.

scoobypeterpump 23 October 2005 08:54 AM

hi dean

i totally agree
my scooby is running very smooth and much faster
thanx dean for arrange in it and andy for the mapping.

peter

Originally Posted by turboDean
Hope everyone who had there car done by Andy was happy.

I'm very pleased with my car and would highly recommend Andy, very nice guy who knows what he's talking about.