ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   BOUNCY CASTLES BANNED !!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/457275-bouncy-castles-banned.html)

SiPie 16 September 2005 11:52 AM

BOUNCY CASTLES BANNED !!!!!!

Nanny state gone too far .... then even further :mad:

Headline of today's Scottish Daily Record that I've just caught a glimpse of in the work's canteen:

Fife Council have banned bouncy castles due to the risk of injury to children .... blah blah etc etc

Link to full article here!

FFS :mad:

Can just see tomorrow's headlines..

Humans discouraged from walking due to Repredetive Strain Injury risk to feet

Bonehead 16 September 2005 11:57 AM

What a joke.........FFS!

davegtt 16 September 2005 11:59 AM

pathetic....

Hold your breath. a chance you might breathe in something other than oxygen! :rolleyes:

Jap2Scrap 16 September 2005 12:00 PM

I thought Scots were meant to be hard? Bunch of pansies :D

pslewis 16 September 2005 12:01 PM

GOOD!!!

Bloody dangerous things!!

I demand I be delivered a box full of fluffy cotton balls so I can live my life out without risk :D

Pete

ALi-B 16 September 2005 12:01 PM

Doesn't mean adults can't use them...more fun for us I say :D

Andrew Dixon 16 September 2005 12:01 PM

I'm sure it's more to do with the risk of being sued by some arsey parent, and the massive public liability insurance that would entail ...

Reality 16 September 2005 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew Dixon
I'm sure it's more to do with the risk of being sued by some arsey parent, and the massive public liability insurance that would entail ...

Exactly.

get rid of the ambulance chasers - they're the ones ruining this country :mad:

sti-04!! 16 September 2005 12:14 PM

DAMN !!!

There goes my next idea :mad:

ajm 16 September 2005 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
GOOD!!!

Bloody dangerous things!!

I demand I be delivered a box full of fluffy cotton balls so I can live my life out without risk :D

Pete

You already asked for that when you voted Labour! :D

I suppose bouncy castles present somewhat of an endulgent abomination to someone who's simple childhood mind was satisfied with a spinning top, a hoop and a stick? ;)

pslewis 16 September 2005 12:17 PM

As has been said ............ it's purely and simply the compensation culture generated by these tossers running the claims services!

Pete

lightning101 16 September 2005 12:18 PM

What pisses me off is the chav ******* ******** who put them in their gardens and keep the generators running till 12 at night. Then they are the first to moan when you shoot it from an upstairs window :mad:

unclebuck 16 September 2005 12:19 PM

LMAO - Blair's Britain. Run by the 'caring sharing' nazis.

unclebuck 16 September 2005 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
As has been said ............ it's purely and simply the compensation culture generated by these tossers running the claims services!

Pete

True to his New Labour roots - it's always someone else's fault.

SJ_Skyline 16 September 2005 12:21 PM

I shall be buying shares in johnson & johnson's cotton wool department as the demand for cotton wool will soon rocket! :D

pslewis 16 September 2005 12:21 PM

Vote Tory and Cripple yourself on some deviant design!!

Pete :D

ajm 16 September 2005 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
I shall be buying shares in johnson & johnson's cotton wool department as the demand for cotton wool will soon rocket! :D

until they discover its a choking hazard...

;)

pslewis 16 September 2005 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
True to his New Labour roots - it's always someone else's fault.

Strange that????

And there's the Tories blaming EVERYONE else for the mess Labour are still trying desperately to clear up!!! :rolleyes:

Luckily EVERYONE knows what the truth is ...... therefore the Tories are completely un-electable and will remain so for 4 generations!!! :D

Pete

unclebuck 16 September 2005 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ajm
until they discover its a choking hazard...

;)

In which case send lewis several boxes now!!

Brendan Hughes 16 September 2005 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lightning101
What pisses me off is the chav ******* ******** who put them in their gardens and keep the generators running till 12 at night. Then they are the first to moan when you shoot it from an upstairs window :mad:

Classic. Do you go for the inflatable, or the generator's fuel tank? :D

lightning101 16 September 2005 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Classic. Do you go for the inflatable, or the generator's fuel tank? :D

Oh the inflatable, if you are lucky it will take to the air like a burst balloon, relocating the chav kids with it :D

NotoriousREV 16 September 2005 12:51 PM

It's your own fault for living near chavs, L101 ;)

lightning101 16 September 2005 12:55 PM

Oh we have porsche and ferrari driving chavs near me with big enough gardens for bouncy castles :mad:

Still, I am the one with the Subaru :o

Shonen 16 September 2005 12:59 PM

When my son was younger he went to a party that had a bouncy castle and he fell off and hurt his back, he couldnt walk far for a couple of days but soon made a full recovery. Did I sue the parents, no. Why? Because he is a child and children get hurt all the time. Just because you ban bouncy castles they will find something else to hurt themselves on ffs. All this sueing business is turning us into America.