ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Ive done it ive put it up for sale (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/457069-ive-done-it-ive-put-it-up-for-sale.html)

scooby_99turbo 15 September 2005 03:18 PM

Ive done it ive put it up for sale

Well guys the time is near for me to bid you all fair well.

After years of scooby ownership a second morgage and credit card bills coming out of my ears.Ive finnally relented and brought another car..are you ready

Ive brought a good old vectra sri 2.2 cdti...04 plate

The final straw was Tuesday morning hearing a big bang as I started the scoob its now on Ebay for sale.

I have to admit guys iam not happy to let her go but ive had my fun time to grow up (so says the misses)..

I hope in the days and weeks to come I can still have a useful input into this site.

Its a sad old day in my house the scoob ill in the garage and a new car on the way...

joedesi 15 September 2005 03:25 PM

A diesel vectra

oh dear God no

scooby_99turbo 15 September 2005 03:27 PM

I KNOW DONT RUB IT IN I FEEL BAD ENOUGH

Originally Posted by joedesi
A diesel vectra

oh dear God no

voddie 15 September 2005 03:53 PM

I hope you have more luck with the new car bud :thumb:

scooby_99turbo 15 September 2005 04:10 PM

Cheers Chappie

Originally Posted by voddie
I hope you have more luck with the new car bud :thumb:

joedesi 15 September 2005 04:21 PM

by the way...how did you get the big bang just by starting the car? doesnt make much sense

scooby_99turbo 15 September 2005 04:26 PM

Funily enough i couldnt work it out either but the guys at central scooby and scoobyclinic tell me thats the problem..

It started slapping then it turned into a biscuit barrel falling off a shelf then died.

It will start just wont go..

Originally Posted by joedesi
by the way...how did you get the big bang just by starting the car? doesnt make much sense

wheelwright 15 September 2005 08:34 PM

Vauxhall diesel = loads of money spending on OIL !!!

wide 15 September 2005 08:54 PM

Unhappyness, here we come

Scrappydoo2003 15 September 2005 10:48 PM

:eek2: well.. hope you enjoy.. :eek2:

scoobyboy1 15 September 2005 11:08 PM

You'll be back! Lets start having bets on how long it will take for you to get another scooby, Im going for 3 months. :norty:

Ill keep a look out in the Auto Trader in the next few months which will go like this.

Vauxhall vectra sri 2.2 cdti on a 04 plate may PX for Subaru Impreza. :idea:

chiark 16 September 2005 08:36 AM

One of the engineers at work was telling me how bloody good the 2.2cdti vectra was - seriously... He reckoned it was a hell of a lot better than any 1.9 VAG TDI he'd driven, including standard 150bhp and modified ones. And he can drive quite well, too, so I tend to believe him.

You will miss it occasionally, but you'll enjoy the relaxation you can feel when you have to leave a car anywhere where it isn't being watched 24/7 :D . You can still have fun in the vecta (good grief, I can't believe I'm writing those words) as the midrange'll catch a scoob out if he's in the wrong gear ;) . The burberry set will no longer give you the thumbs up as you burble past, either :D

joedesi 16 September 2005 10:15 AM

Please stop all this talk about diesel cars...its making me nauseous

much obliged :p

scooby_99turbo 16 September 2005 01:17 PM

Cheers fella ive had 3 scoobs had my fun,Your right about the unwanted attention thing and no more fags throu the sun roof of key marks down the side..

Its sensible yet economical and I can trash the arse off it from time to time too.Makes it more fun if you have to work at it..

Originally Posted by chiark
One of the engineers at work was telling me how bloody good the 2.2cdti vectra was - seriously... He reckoned it was a hell of a lot better than any 1.9 VAG TDI he'd driven, including standard 150bhp and modified ones. And he can drive quite well, too, so I tend to believe him.

You will miss it occasionally, but you'll enjoy the relaxation you can feel when you have to leave a car anywhere where it isn't being watched 24/7 :D . You can still have fun in the vecta (good grief, I can't believe I'm writing those words) as the midrange'll catch a scoob out if he's in the wrong gear ;) . The burberry set will no longer give you the thumbs up as you burble past, either :D