ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   WHAT NEXT (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/456366-what-next.html)

tye1beast 12 September 2005 05:44 PM

WHAT NEXT

i have a uk spec p reg scoob with full decat pipe and a blitz air filter runnin at about 260 brake what can me the next step for some more power and speed

any feed bake welcome

tye

flat4_ire 12 September 2005 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by tye1beast
i have a uk spec p reg scoob with full decat pipe and a blitz air filter runnin at about 260 brake what can me the next step for some more power and speed

any feed bake welcome

tye

dont think u got 50 bhp from a decat and induction kit buddy, turbo up pipe and some equal length headers will finish off the exhaust system nice

DaveC1 12 September 2005 05:52 PM

Dont waste ur money on bits n bobs. Get a mappable ecu and av it mapped up by a profesional. I would be supprised if you've got 260 bhp with just a decat and an air filter

tye1beast 12 September 2005 06:02 PM

already got the full system from the turbo and its been remapped any thing else fellows

flat4_ire 12 September 2005 06:59 PM

already got the full system from the turbo and its been remapped any thing else fellows

sure why didnt u say u had that in the first part?? il say get a lightened flywheel and headers and ul say u have that aswell! muppet

tye1beast 12 September 2005 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
sure why didnt u say u had that in the first part?? il say get a lightened flywheel and headers and ul say u have that aswell! muppet

nope i aint i have asked for help!!! on this

not to be slagged off

flat4_ire 12 September 2005 07:42 PM

nope i aint i have asked for help!!! on this

not to be slagged off

in order for advice on mods u need to say what mods u have first dude, obviously

RICH WILD 13 September 2005 12:10 PM

Personally I'd say spend your money (depending on how far you want to go) on brakes and suspension.

You will struggle to get much more than 280bhp out of your car on the existing turbo anyway.

You will end up with a much quicker point to point car by improving the chassis. I've just sold my UK97 that had AP 6pot brakes and Tein coilovers and I could outbrake and outcorner virtually anything within reason.

Power is all well and good but if you can't brake and corner, what's the point? Unless you are just doing straight line dragging.

The OEM UK suspension is way too spongy and the standard 2 pot brakes are crap.

Nice cheap starter mods are braided hoses, better pads, uprated roll bars and roll bar links. These alone will make a noticeable difference for a couple of hundred quid.

Above that i'd try to get a 4pot brake conversion with the bigger discs.

Seriously, a well setup 260bhp car will obliterate a 300+ car in everything but a straight line.

If you are only after straight line grunt though you could go for turbo swaps and wotnot with an uprated fuel pump and a remap or alternatively look at maybe an STi gearbox and rear diff to improve the acceleration.

All depends on what you want and what you want to spend.

Rich

andypugh2000 13 September 2005 12:52 PM

My 2 pots stop my 312bhp uk turbo no problem :norty:

My advice would be to get a VF28 turbo and an electronic boost controller but at least fit some eibach springs also :p

AP

DaveC1 13 September 2005 12:56 PM

Very good reply rich wild. some excellent points. your right about the brakes, crap.