ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   WRX Pollen Filter (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/455814-wrx-pollen-filter.html)

MarkEV 09 September 2005 08:11 PM

WRX Pollen Filter

When I had my 24month service yesterday the Subaru dealer asked me if I wanted my pollen filter changed on my 2003 WRX. When I asked how much he said about £79 as it's hard to get at and the filter itself costs about £40. I told him not to bother at that price but I just wondered if this is something others on Scoobynet have had changed. Or is it easy to do yourself or should I just not bother changing it.

Also what's the best wiper blades to buy and where from?

Cheers Mark

Scoobedoo 09 September 2005 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by MarkEV
When I had my 24month service yesterday the Subaru dealer asked me if I wanted my pollen filter changed on my 2003 WRX. When I asked how much he said about £79 as it's hard to get at and the filter itself costs about £40. I told him not to bother at that price but I just wondered if this is something others on Scoobynet have had changed. Or is it easy to do yourself or should I just not bother changing it.

Cheers Mark

mm, a good question. I've just checking my PDF manual which I got off ebay and there's no referrence to a pollen filter anywhere but it should have one.

on some cars you can usually access it underneath the plastic panel which sits below the windscreen - not sure if it follows the same on these though.

davedipster 09 September 2005 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by MarkEV

Cheers Mark

The filter is in/behind the glovebox, a few screws easy to change.
Best wiper blades I've found are bosch from halfords.

easy

dipster

MarkEV 10 September 2005 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by davedipster
The filter is in/behind the glovebox, a few screws easy to change.
Best wiper blades I've found are bosch from halfords.

easy

dipster

Thamks for the replies, I'll have a look when I get a minute and see if it needs changing.

Mark

JIM THEO 10 September 2005 10:06 PM

...Or do what I did, I changed it with a Nissan N15 pollen filter!
It costs 18 euros (12GBP) and needs slightly cutting from one side to fit perfectly! :)
Regarding wiper blades I prefer the PIAA's but they are expensive!