ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What's happening to TV? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/455297-whats-happening-to-tv.html)

unclebuck 07 September 2005 07:20 PM

What's happening to TV?

Just had a glance at the schedule for tonight and what is there -

A Week of Dressing Dangerously
Bank of Mum and Dad
How Clean Is Your House?
It's Me or the Dog
Supernanny

Endless 'fly on the wall' type 'reality' TV programmes about dirty people, ugly people, feckless kids, useless dog owners, useless parents, ....on and on... WGAF!! :mad:

For christ's sake where have all the interesting programmes gone? You know, the ones where you can learn something see people doing interesting things or going to interesting places etc.

All that's left is Rick Stein.... Get rid of all the lefty PC social worker pants and give us back our schedules.. :mad:

pslewis 07 September 2005 07:23 PM

Northern Island verses England and then the film X-Men

Seems top telly to me ................... but, then again, there's no pleasing YOU is there UB??

Pete

unclebuck 07 September 2005 07:26 PM

Football :eek: Mediocre football at that!!! No way!!!

Saw the X Men when it first came out in the States so thats not an option either.... :nono:

Need input......

drb5 07 September 2005 07:28 PM

Do as i do, get a DVD to watch.

Tonight's movie is, Sin City! :D

hutton_d 07 September 2005 07:28 PM

Yep - the Footie is on so that'll get watched. But X-Men? Not on my tele ... seen it recently anyway! You're right UB - bog all on these days that you'd be interested in if you have m ore than a single brain cell in working order .....

Dave

unclebuck 07 September 2005 07:30 PM

Once again I'll have to dig into the (extensive) archives. What's happening is a worrying trend though. Serious dumbing down going on....

As for that 'Lost' thing. :eek2: How bad is that??

Chip Sengravy 07 September 2005 07:51 PM

UB...you forgot Big Brother, Plop Idol, X factor,I'm a half wit get me out of here etc....

I only watch Top Gear on the gogglebox, anything else is on discovery,or BBC3.

Chip Sengravy 07 September 2005 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by drb5

Good choice :thumb:

Odd, but well worth a watch.

drb5 07 September 2005 07:57 PM

Very odd, but when i seen it in the cinema, it was added to my, greatest films ever made, list! :D

All Torque 07 September 2005 07:57 PM

Dont forget Hollyoaks on C4

unclebuck 07 September 2005 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
UB...you forgot Big Brother, Plop Idol, X factor,I'm a half wit get me out of here etc....

I only watch Top Gear on the gogglebox, anything else is on discovery,or BBC3.

I could just about live with/work around that stuff (mostly ITV anyway which I never watch). Used to be that when a series of BB finished interesting stuff would return. Not any more it seems. C4 and BBC2 now seem to be aiming all their programming and the BB type audiences. :(

wayne9t9 07 September 2005 09:26 PM

All that reality tv crap is scripted anyway. It would be nice to see supernanny fail to tame a kid, or see those two hygene freaks walk away in disgust, shaking their heads sayin "ffs I can`t clean that!" :)

KiwiGTI 07 September 2005 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9
It would be nice to see supernanny fail to tame a kid

It'd also be nice to see supernanny dressed in leather/latex and carrying a riding crop
:norty:

Poor Guy 08 September 2005 12:22 AM

I blame blair

richiewong 08 September 2005 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
For christ's sake where have all the interesting programmes gone? You know, the ones where you can learn something see people doing interesting things or going to interesting places etc.

Should start watch kids television again. Blue Peter is very quickly becoming a favourite at the mo :norty:

http://www.epochtimes.com/i6/4102521121078.jpg http://www.andrewwalton.co.uk/_borders/ZoeSalmon.jpg

Mmmm Zoe Salmon :notworthy

Tiggs 08 September 2005 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
It'd also be nice to see supernanny dressed in leather/latex and carrying a riding crop
:norty:

10 mins on the naughty step for you. unaseptapal!

NotoriousREV 08 September 2005 07:55 AM

If he gets 10 minutes on the naughty step for thinking that about the supernanny, I've just earned myself a full day on the naughty step for what I was thinking about Zoe Salmon :eek: :D

monty baber 08 September 2005 08:04 AM

The bint with the 6 dogs needs a slap

(imo:) )

eClaire 08 September 2005 08:50 AM

Pah! :D

If you want good telly watch 'I wish I'd thought of that' on Discovery Real Time Extra (only if you have sky mind ;)) Mondays at 9! :)

richiewong 08 September 2005 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by eClaire
Pah! :D

If you want good telly watch 'I wish I'd thought of that' on Discovery Real Time Extra (only if you have sky mind ;)) Mondays at 9! :)

Discovery Channel(s) is mint though, American Chopper, Mythbusters, How It's Made, American Hotrod etc.
Great programmes for lazy nights in :luxhello:

J4CKO 08 September 2005 09:13 AM

Agree, Discovery is where its at, its a pity Wings isnt on in the day as I am off today and its raining.

Bank of mum and dad is quite good, it may stop some muppets getting into debt and how clean is your house has some good tips.

corradoboy 08 September 2005 09:38 AM

I think I need to watch a bit more Blue Peter :norty:

http://www8.epochtimes.com/i6/4102524571078.jpg

Nice gate :eek:

Back on topic, TV is in that transitional period where the summer dross is all coming to a close and the autumn stuff hasn't got going yet. I just hope there's gonna be some decent programmes, I'm sick of the repeat/rehashed Grand Designs and it's ages 'til Top Gear's back :(

Drunken Bungle Whore 08 September 2005 11:38 AM

:rolleyes: We're enjoying the last few warm, light evenings of the summer and you lot are worried about what's on TV? :rolleyes:

Get off your lazy assess FFS and go out and get a life!

:p

:D

eClaire 08 September 2005 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore
:rolleyes: We're enjoying the last few warm, light evenings of the summer and you lot are worried about what's on TV? :rolleyes:

Does that include me DBW :(

With 3 weeks to go I find it difficult to muster together the motivation :D

unclebuck 08 September 2005 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore

It's dark by 8:00pm now....:cry:

My last few frantic evening mountain bike rides are coming to an end so thoughts start to turn to indoor evening entertainment again. :(

Mungo 08 September 2005 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by drb5

Definitely the best plan! I've joined ScreenSelect and it's excellent.
I watched Hotel Rwanda last night rather than sit through the tripe on TV.

mart360 08 September 2005 12:44 PM

Its sheep syndrome tv...

car makers do it to.......

one brings out a fly on the wall docco the other brings out a one seater car.....

both are uniquie and sell...... well (novelty value)... so the other makers follow suit...... terouble is the appeal has gone so they plumb the depths to make it interesting......

however they seem to be succsessfull at rebranding rubbish...

its like the adds,,,,, it was claims are us.... now its nortob bloody finance, and sue for endowmwnts

bahhhh bahhhh

M