ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What's it worth? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/455143-whats-it-worth.html)

G4RUD 07 September 2005 10:12 AM

What's it worth?

How much is my WRX registered in December 2003 worth?

Here's what it has:

Full Sti interior,
Sti foglight covers,
replica Sti Scoop,
replica Sti spoiler,
Prodrive springs,
short-shift gear lever
Blitz NUR Spec R,
Ecutek Remap by Bob Rawle,
Avon tyres that have done 2k,
35000 miles covered

Cheers,

Graham

G4RUD 07 September 2005 04:13 PM

any suggestions?

homerjay 07 September 2005 04:33 PM

13k?

FirebirdUK 07 September 2005 04:43 PM

Doubt it - struggled to get that for my real STi (53 plate) :O (Mine only had 20k miles on it too)

Not saying your's isn't worth it, but I should imagine that the insurance would be more on yours (as it's modified to be like an STi) than on a real STi - might put some people off...

Scooby re-sale values don't seem to be that good :'(

s70rjw 07 September 2005 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by FirebirdUK
Doubt it - struggled to get that for my real STi (53 plate) :O (Mine only had 20k miles on it too)

Not saying your's isn't worth it, but I should imagine that the insurance would be more on yours (as it's modified to be like an STi) than on a real STi - might put some people off...

Scooby re-sale values don't seem to be that good :'(

You may be better off putting the car back to standard and selling the STI bits on E Bay. Modded cars tend to have a smaller audience in the used market. My Subaru dealer recently sold a 53 plate WRX SL for £13.5 if that gives you an idea.

G4RUD 08 September 2005 10:23 AM

That's some depreciation! I can change all the external mods back apart from the exhaust as I'd need a remap done. I may have to drive this car into the ground rather than sell it, which is a bit annoying.

Graham

homerjay 08 September 2005 10:31 AM

stick it on ebay (about £6 for 10 days i think) with a reserve of what you really want and see what happens, at least you get a feeling of what people are willin to pay if it doesnt get to what you want...

thats what i did with my 182.

FirebirdUK 08 September 2005 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by G4RUD
That's some depreciation! I can change all the external mods back apart from the exhaust as I'd need a remap done. I may have to drive this car into the ground rather than sell it, which is a bit annoying.

Graham

Tell me about it :cry:

Lost £7k on my STi in just over 6 months... I could understand if it had been brand new when I bought it, but it was a year and half old when I picked it up (there was me thinking that the heavy depreciation was out of the way).

Guess the new ones with the free PPP and the new model due shortly have had a knock on effect...

Ian E 08 September 2005 12:53 PM

Agree with the above, put it back to standard and sell the mods separately.

Brand new EU Imports are now available at £15k from Motorpoint.

Rajd 08 September 2005 02:31 PM

Assuming your car is in excellent condition.

The online version of Glass's Guide gives a trade in value of £10,850 for a 53 reg WRX with 35K miles.

July's issue of CAP black book says £11,050 trade, £12650 retail for the same car. you Probably need to knock off £400 - £500 to allow for the 2 month gap.

Parkers gives a value of £12860 for the same car with 20K miles (private sale). you would have to adjust the asking price for milage.

Take your pick.

nick_wrx 08 September 2005 05:57 PM

03 / 53 prices

Hope this helps,

I'm looking for a facelift "blobeye" wrx soon, looking at spending £11k to £12k for a well looked after one with about 30K miles. Seen a few on autotrader yet i want to find one with a tracker fitted since they cost around £500 and an insurance must.

I have noticed that insurance is no different for a car with or without PPP with Priviledge??

Nick.

Petem95 08 September 2005 06:17 PM

Heres one very similar on Ebay. 53-plate WRX with 31k sold for just over 11k.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-53-SUBARU...QQcmdZViewItem