ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Forester 2.5 XT - discount? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/454916-forester-2-5-xt-discount.html)

tm1 06 September 2005 10:04 AM

Forester 2.5 XT - discount?

Hello. Due to external pressures (mountain bikes, other big things) I'm swapping my STi for a Forester 2.5 XT.
Its coming to the end of the year, so what sort of discount are dealers giving at the moment?
Thanks for any info,
cheers
Tony

mightyyid 06 September 2005 10:44 AM

Looking on-line, I could get £1560 off a standard XT with no issues, all in, so a final price of £21,180...

tm1 06 September 2005 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by mightyyid
Looking on-line, I could get £1560 off a standard XT with no issues, all in, so a final price of £21,180...

When you say "looking on line" do you mean browsing dealer websites, or is there a central website you're looking at?
cheers
Tony

mightyyid 06 September 2005 11:00 AM

YHPM

imlach 06 September 2005 11:03 AM

Dunno how well it works, but try here
http://www.autoebid.com/

tm1 06 September 2005 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by mightyyid
YHPM

thanks very much for the info. Time to talk nicely to my bank account I think!

cheers
Tony

solwood 10 September 2005 03:51 PM

Hi not posted before as I was looking at buying it myself but Westaway Subaru Northampton have a new shape 2.5 XT (leather but no sat nav/sunroof) for £20,490 thats over £2,000 below list. They are very helpful - talk to John in sales. I made the trip up from London twice to look at the car - however unfortunately I could not get comfortable in the seat as the forester does not have lumbar support. It comes up on the Subaru proven website also!

Its a great car and if I had got comfortable I would have been writing about a successful purchase.

Gary

highlander68k 10 September 2005 04:06 PM

A good choice. Why not go for a low mileage demonstrator? You might even be able to pick one up with a few extras.

malwrx 11 September 2005 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by solwood
Hi not posted before as I was looking at buying it myself but Westaway Subaru Northampton have a new shape 2.5 XT (leather but no sat nav/sunroof) for £20,490 thats over £2,000 below list. They are very helpful - talk to John in sales. I made the trip up from London twice to look at the car - however unfortunately I could not get comfortable in the seat as the forester does not have lumbar support. It comes up on the Subaru proven website also!

Its a great car and if I had got comfortable I would have been writing about a successful purchase.

Gary

There should be good discounts available at the moment, particularly as the new 06 XT has a face lift and power increase from 215 to 230 BHP. I think I read somewhere that they may be doing a Prodrive PP for the XT. I have an 04 WRX wagon, but have been considering the XT as the 0-60 is now almost as good.
However they do not look as good as the Impreza and the leg room in the back is exactly the same as they have the same floor pan.

Malwrx

highlander68k 11 September 2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by malwrx
There should be good discounts available at the moment, particularly as the new 06 XT has a face lift and power increase from 215 to 230 BHP. I think I read somewhere that they may be doing a Prodrive PP for the XT. I have an 04 WRX wagon, but have been considering the XT as the 0-60 is now almost as good.
However they do not look as good as the Impreza and the leg room in the back is exactly the same as they have the same floor pan.

Malwrx

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes (maybe one too many)

Mog 11 September 2005 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by malwrx

Malwrx

Get a Forester STI...you know it makes sense.

Mog

solwood 12 September 2005 10:43 AM

Hi just to make it clear this demonstrator is an 06 model not an old shape . the new shape looks much better IMHO!

Cheers

Gary