ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   restaurant in epping, woodford or wanstead? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/454322-restaurant-in-epping-woodford-or-wanstead.html)

ProperCharlie 03 September 2005 01:19 PM

restaurant in epping, woodford or wanstead?

Hello,

it's my wedding aniversary, haven't got round to organising anything so I wonder if anyone can suggest a reasonably good restuarant that isn't too far away? something like french or italian would be preferable to indian or chinese.

tai.

:)

Deep Singh 03 September 2005 02:05 PM

Adriatico on Woodford High Road is nice. Must BOOK. Fish/euro/italian. Another Italian a few doors away(owned by same family) that is also VERY good. Problem is they don't take reservations so you may have to q a peak times

Been to the Clocktower in Epping and found that disappointing

Hadley House on the main Wanstead shopping parade is nice.

I'd avoid most restaurants in South Woodford as I've never been that impressed. Exception might be Pier One, a modern Thai fusion place

Hope that helps
Deep

ProperCharlie 03 September 2005 02:27 PM

Thanks Deep,

Maybe we'll give Adriatico a ring.

cheers.

:)

Adidas 03 September 2005 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Another Italian a few doors away(owned by same family) that is also VERY good. Problem is they don't take reservations so you may have to q a peak times

Thats the Belsit (sp), never been there but heard good things about it

Agreed!!

Cafe Unico just down the High Street from there is very good

I'd recommend the Ark on Herman Hill (Woodford). Fantastic fish restaurant but you can't book

Deep Singh 03 September 2005 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas
Thats the Belsit (sp), never been there but heard good things about it

Agreed!!

Cafe Unico just down the High Street from there is very good

I'd recommend the Ark on Herman Hill (Woodford). Fantastic fish restaurant but you can't book

I've been meaning to go to the Ark for ages, always busy when I drive past. I'll try it on Sunday after the Biggin Hill airshow!

Nevetas 03 September 2005 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Adriatico on Woodford High Road is nice. Must BOOK. Fish/euro/italian. Another Italian a few doors away(owned by same family) that is also VERY good. Problem is they don't take reservations so you may have to q a peak times

Hadley House on the main Wanstead shopping parade is nice.

I'd avoid most restaurants in South Woodford as I've never been that impressed. Exception might be Pier One, a modern Thai fusion place

Hope that helps
Deep

Yep Adriatico is very nice :thumb: as is the Belsit