ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mobile Telecoms Sales Calls (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/453752-mobile-telecoms-sales-calls.html)

ajm 01 September 2005 09:54 AM

Mobile Telecoms Sales Calls

How many more 'local' mobile phone resellers can there be? I have told 2 or 3 to get stuffed every day for the last 6 months and still they come.... phoning up promising me they will save 40% on our bills, much better than the competitor, blah blah, we can deliver the moon on a fricking stick etc etc.!

One company actually had the cheek to arrange someone to come in and see me despite the fact I had already told them I wasn't interested. A fax arrived saying Mr X will be visiting you at such and such a time on the xth of August!!! I phoned them back and told them that they could send who they liked but they will not be allowed in the building! The bloke only went and turned up anyway!!!!

I was out of the office at the time and had to tell our receptionist to tell him to foxtrot oscar! :mad:

I am so rude to them that my colleagues stop what they doing just to listen in and laugh, yet still they come!!! They are the scurge of the unsolicited callers at the moment and its doing my head in!

Anyone else get the same? :mad:

davegtt 01 September 2005 09:58 AM

I get them but I get them ringing my house :mad: they always time it so Im eating or upstairs doing something which I have to drop and charge downstairs. they really are thick as pig sh!t. I give alot of abuse down the phone to ANYBODY whos selling. first I did it out of anger now I find it good stress relief :D

rizla06 01 September 2005 10:51 AM

Same sort of thing last week at work, some idiot cold calling and I was on my way out, he even followed me when I went to load my car up even after he'd been told that we weren't interested, he also got told to foxtrot oscar :mad:

Andy Tang 01 September 2005 12:29 PM

CC: "I'm calling on behalf of BT, do you have time to do a survey...."
Me: *hang up*

CC: "I think we got up off..."
Me: "I blame our BT phoneline...." *hang up again*

Andy Tang 01 September 2005 12:33 PM

The old chestnut: "It's company policy not to do telephone surveys" *hang up*

CC: "I called you last week..."
Me: "No you didn't, you liar" *hang up*

CC: "I spoke to someone in IT who said I should speak to you"
Me: "Hold on" *put on hold, check with the team*
Me: "No you didn't, you liar" *hang up*

CC: *Reads through script*
Me: *Silent*
CC: "Hello.... hello"
Me: *hang up*

I HATE cold callers!!

Andy Tang 01 September 2005 12:34 PM

Stop cold callers: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

SJ_Skyline 01 September 2005 12:37 PM

:lol1:

In my last company we had a cold caller who reckoned he could supply us with web hosting for less than cost! :freak3:

SJ_Skyline 01 September 2005 12:41 PM

One of my former colleagues used to toy with them. There would be a conversation going on and then he would dump something into the conversation with the cold caller such as "what colour is your underwear" or "I hate this life, I'm going to end it now" We never did get anybody to promise us their mother for free but we did try :D

Luminous 01 September 2005 12:42 PM

Depending on how many lines you have/expecting an urgent call...

....you just leave them hanging.....

You say hi, and then just pop your phone on the desk and get on with what you are doing. While you are busy you can smirk and chuckle at the stupid squeaky voice that comes form the receiver :lol1: :lol1:

Works REALLY well on those computer voices that call you up. One of those called our business line at 5:20pm. Thinking that we were not going to get anymore calls I left them hanging until 11:30pm :D :D

pslewis 01 September 2005 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous
Works REALLY well on those computer voices that call you up. One of those called our business line at 5:20pm. Thinking that we were not going to get anymore calls I left them hanging until 11:30pm :D :D

The opening words you missed, were, "We have reversed the call charges to ring you up with this superb offer ..............................."

:D Pete :D

Luminous 01 September 2005 01:16 PM

They still have to ask if you would like to accept a reverse charge call :D