ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   2.25" from cat back. When will this become restrictive? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/452831-2-25-from-cat-back-when-will-this-become-restrictive.html)

JTaylor 29 August 2005 12:47 AM

2.25" from cat back. When will this become restrictive?

Really need some advice on this lads and got fook all in my other thread so here's hoping.

Current inherited set-up.

Standard up and down pipe and centre section with all the cats in place.

Non-standard manifold (I think it's equal length due to the exhaust note, but a local mechanic said it wasn't)

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=452490

and a Fujitsubo TI cat-back 2.25.

I'm going to replace the up-pipe, decat the down pipe and fit a high flow centre cat. I don't want to do this and find that the bore is restrictive when I look at the TDO5 a bit later.

JTaylor 29 August 2005 01:44 PM

Hellllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......just one reply would be great. A pointer, a starter anything!!!

Hoppy 29 August 2005 11:51 PM

It's not clear what you want to know!

Your headers are unequal and a 2.5in exhaust will handle anything a TD05 can blow at it.

JTaylor 30 August 2005 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Hoppy
It's not clear what you want to know!

Your headers are unequal and a 2.5in exhaust will handle anything a TD05 can blow at it.

Cheers hoppy,

Just doing the research ;)

"It's not clear what you want to know!"

Clues in the thread title Hoppy.

JTaylor 30 August 2005 02:12 PM

Oh and it's 2.25"

Hoppy 30 August 2005 06:37 PM

You sure? Most unusual. Still big enough for a TD05 :)

JTaylor 30 August 2005 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hoppy
You sure? Most unusual. Still big enough for a TD05 :)

Evening Hoppy

I'm going to have to get it up on the ramps and get the vernier out because I had a look at it today and the pipe entering the rear box is definately bigger then 2.25. It was checked by a mate at Longlife a few days back - he put a 2.5" tube in the box (past the tail pipe) and no fit - 2.25 nice and snug. I wonder if it tapers in at the end (it's a very quiet system). Fujitsubo Super TI :confused:

GBruce 31 August 2005 10:39 PM

Hello,

When I was running a fujitsubo legalis R cat back on my 98 car the pipework was 2.25" at the downpipe to centre joint, this opened up to 3" bore further towards the back with a silencer in the middle. Nice quiet system but huge tailpipe. Car was making 350 power and 325 torque

George

JTaylor 01 September 2005 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by GBruce
Hello,

When I was running a fujitsubo legalis R cat back on my 98 car the pipework was 2.25" at the downpipe to centre joint, this opened up to 3" bore further towards the back with a silencer in the middle. Nice quiet system but huge tailpipe. Car was making 350 power and 325 torque

George

Spot on mate. Really appreciate it :thumb:so long as you didn't change because it was restirctive :)

JTaylor 01 September 2005 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by GBruce
Hello,

George

Sorry re-read this and got confused.

So you had a (centre) catback sytem? In what way was the Legalis connected to the down pipe??

Was it not turbo back?

GBruce 01 September 2005 10:44 PM

Have had various combinations of exhaust system.

Had the fujitsubo fitted with h+s open neck dp 3" to 2.5" then it went to 2.25 where it joined the fujitsubo cat back system and after the downpipe joint out to 3" bore pipework there was another smaller section inside the backbox but it didn't seem to affect it

JTaylor 01 September 2005 10:56 PM

Thanks for coming back to me. I think I'm a bit more in the light now.