ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   For those with mods (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/452550-for-those-with-mods.html)

Plasticman 27 August 2005 01:25 PM

For those with mods

ok, been over to Extreme Scoobies this morning, and am looking at going for the suspension mod - Tien springs etc.

Question is, do I have to get this approved by insurance first and do they charge the earth for it ?

chrs, Malc

Spec'c'57 27 August 2005 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Plasticman
ok, been over to Extreme Scoobies this morning, and am looking at going for the suspension mod - Tien springs etc.

Question is, do I have to get this approved by insurance first and do they charge the earth for it ?

chrs, Malc

best you speak to your insurer really many vary.....

baz69birds 27 August 2005 04:31 PM

NO it didnt effect my Insurance,
i had TIEN SPRINGS fitted, lowered the car 35mm.
Looks the nuts.
Baz

Cornelius 27 August 2005 05:33 PM

My insurance company is pretty good with mods, JDM WRX with dumpvalve, H&S Exhaust, spoilers, graphics etc, £750 fully comp. I also got a quote for a WR1 and that was only £50 more!!
That's with Keith Michaels

fitzscoob 27 August 2005 06:14 PM

Insurance co wanted another £70 per year for new springs.

baz69birds 28 August 2005 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cornelius
My insurance company is pretty good with mods, JDM WRX with dumpvalve, H&S Exhaust, spoilers, graphics etc, £750 fully comp. I also got a quote for a WR1 and that was only £50 more!!
That's with Keith Michaels

with mine, lowered, stickered up, NON subaru wheels, different exhaust, dumpvalve, tints. £520 fully comp.
dont know who mine is GO througha brooker & he gets the cheapest for me. ;)

Plasticman 28 August 2005 09:39 AM

thanks chaps, I`ll give a buzz today and sound them out before ordering the kit:ponder2:

Cornelius 28 August 2005 10:24 AM

Baz, can you sort out the the number of the broker please mate, thought I got a good deal last year, especially considering when I hear of people paying £1400 for insurance

VTEC to Turbo 30 August 2005 09:39 AM

Hello mate

Put mine on at Insurance renewal time, so was able to get them included at no extra cost, some insurance companies will charge though!!

Shouldn't be much (if anything) best to give them a call as has already been said :D

Good luck and well worth it by the way.

Plasticman 31 August 2005 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by VTEC to Turbo
Hello mate

Put mine on at Insurance renewal time, so was able to get them included at no extra cost, some insurance companies will charge though!!

Shouldn't be much (if anything) best to give them a call as has already been said :D

Good luck and well worth it by the way.

ok chaps, insuarance only going to be £45 more, so come on need some support to persuade the missus it's worth the £350 sobs.:notworthy

chrs, malc

VTEC to Turbo 01 September 2005 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Plasticman
ok chaps, insuarance only going to be £45 more, so come on need some support to persuade the missus it's worth the £350 sobs.:notworthy

chrs, malc

If the cash is spare I'd say go for it :D as you know I have a classic (presume it will have similar / the same results on yours) with the Tein S.Tech Springs it has transformed the handling and ride, I also love the lowered look.

I love it :D but it is your money and your call mate