ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   turning up boost (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/452464-turning-up-boost.html)

andywrx_ 26 August 2005 10:41 PM

turning up boost

hey i bought my impreza running 10psi of boost and ive read in the history that it was running 16psi this is the spec on the car

Front mounted intercooler, Blitz Dump Valve, uprated oil cooler, top mount oil filter kit, samco hosing, Dawes device, Blitz full 3.5" De-cat system,

you reckon its safe to run it at 16psi also how do i turn up the boost is the dawes device some thing to do with it? cheers for anyhelp as u can see im new to the world of turbos

andywrx_ 26 August 2005 11:08 PM

its a 1993 wrx by the way also wot power do you think it will be running cheers !

VAL113R 26 August 2005 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by andywrx_
hey i bought my impreza running 10psi of boost and ive read in the history that it was running 16psi this is the spec on the car

Front mounted intercooler, Blitz Dump Valve, uprated oil cooler, top mount oil filter kit, samco hosing, Dawes device, Blitz full 3.5" De-cat system,

you reckon its safe to run it at 16psi also how do i turn up the boost is the dawes device some thing to do with it? cheers for anyhelp as u can see im new to the world of turbos

The dawes device will turn up the boost, but it must have been turned down for a reason. The car might have been hitting fuel cut or something ?

To be honest I don't think the Dawes device is ideal. You could really do with getting it remapped or even an Apexi AVCR and Apexi S-AFC2.

If you're turning up the boost you need to increas fueling and a few other things too

greenlightracer 26 August 2005 11:31 PM

sorry to butt in but i was gonna do a new thread then saw this....how do you turn up boost exactly then? had my 97 classic a few weeks id be intrested to learn how you do it ?

Bob Rawle 26 August 2005 11:36 PM

std boost on that car was about 12 psi, whoever/wherever you were advised 16 is talking rubbish.

bob

andywrx_ 26 August 2005 11:41 PM

it was on an old bill it said the was running 16psi of boost it also said it has a turbo super chip

flat4_ire 27 August 2005 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by andywrx_

i was unaware blitz had a 3.5inch system??

andywrx_ 27 August 2005 01:42 PM

might not be blitz then these are the specs when i bought the car it is a full system 3.5"