ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Just got back from court......... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/451519-just-got-back-from-court.html)

VR46 23 August 2005 01:21 PM

Just got back from court.........

60mph in a 30, dual carrageway at night.

£300 fine

6pts

Im so so lucky to get off a ban, the court even said that to me!

Rob

Luminous 23 August 2005 01:42 PM

crackers :nono:

At night, on a dual carrageway, they should have just ignored you. :(

Some petrol heads need to get together to buy our own country :)

Wurzel 23 August 2005 01:54 PM

It does make you wonder why a dual carriageway was a 30 in the first place!!!!

If it was a 30 due to be it being dangerous then quite right you should get fined but if it was due to stupid speed restrictions than as luminous said they should have ignored you.
So glad the police had nothing better to do at night than to watch an empty dual carriageway.

VR46 23 August 2005 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel
It does make you wonder why a dual carriageway was a 30 in the first place!!!!

If it was a 30 due to be it being dangerous then quite right you should get fined but if it was due to stupid speed restrictions than as luminous said they should have ignored you.
So glad the police had nothing better to do at night than to watch an empty dual carriageway.

God only knows why its 30, it was reduced down from 40 a few years ago. I could not agree with you more in respect of your comment about the boys in blue not having better things to do.

Rob

Leslie 24 August 2005 08:38 AM

You are lucky, did you know it was restricted?

Les

Abdabz 24 August 2005 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=Luminous]crackers :nono:

At night, on a dual carrageway, they should have just ignored you. :(QUOTE]

:lol: a humerous reaction - which one presumes was world class sarcasm :lol:

Hows about:
On a road? Twice the speed limit? Signs advising said driver of such? So therefore intentionally speeding or unable to maintain legal speeds and therefore incompetent? Caught breaking the law? Punished (too lightly IMO) for it and you think its harsh? :nono:

:D Ah thats better :D

VR46 24 August 2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie
You are lucky, did you know it was restricted?

Les

Yeah, I know the road really well. It was a moment of madness and I got done for it.

The cops should be out there catching the un-insured drivers and the ones that dont even have licences!

FlightMan 24 August 2005 12:59 PM

Yeah, right.

Originally Posted by VR46
Yeah, I know the road really well. It was a moment of madness and I got done for it.

The cops should be out there catching the un-insured drivers and the ones that dont even have licences!

The cops should also be out there catching morons who admit to "moments of madness" and travelling at twice the legal limit!

VR46 24 August 2005 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
The cops should also be out there catching morons who admit to "moments of madness" and travelling at twice the legal limit!

I did something wrong and I have been punished for it. This is the first time I have ever had dealings with the police, I made a mistake (as we all do) so does that make me a 'Moron'?

Explain........

Patt@firstime 24 August 2005 01:59 PM

What needs to be explained other than 'you were doing twice the speed limit' :rolleyes:

HTH :)

Matt :D

G-STAR 24 August 2005 02:20 PM

...I made a mistake (as we all do)...

That's a myth - people who post here don't make mistakes. ;)

VR46 24 August 2005 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patt@firstime
What needs to be explained other than 'you were doing twice the speed limit' :rolleyes:

HTH :)

Matt :D

How can a speeding offence be used to decide on what type of character I am????

ALi-B 24 August 2005 02:39 PM

Don't worry....sh1t don't stick to the NSR regulars ;)

I bet they repent all their sins everyday too :rolleyes:

Reality 24 August 2005 02:40 PM

Watching Airport last night and a guy was caught with an estimated £12,000 worth of fags that he had imported illegally (not paid the duty). He was fined £100. (probably 20 minutes earnings)

This fcuking cnutry stinks with it's arse about face laws.

Yes there are two cases of people breaking the law.

The motorist gets fined £300 while the career criminal gets £100.

Scoob99 24 August 2005 03:23 PM

You got fined nearly the same as the drunk driver who nearly killed me:mad:
Cheers
Colin

turboman786 24 August 2005 05:49 PM

60mph in a 30, dual carrageway at night.

£300 fine

6pts

Im so so lucky to get off a ban, the court even said that to me!

Rob

Not so lucky mate....6 points stay on for 3 years.....I would rather have a short disquaification anyday....14 days dq or 6 pp....hmm....

VR46 25 August 2005 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by turboman786
Not so lucky mate....6 points stay on for 3 years.....I would rather have a short disquaification anyday....14 days dq or 6 pp....hmm....

I work for an Insurance broker, as soon as an Insurance company hears the word 'disquaification' it all starts get rather expensive.

Despite what people may think this really was a one off for me to be driving in that way so im happy to drive around for 4yrs (its been upped from 3) with 6points cos the the chance of me getting a standard fixed pen is pretty low tbh.

Quite a few of the Insurance companies ask for if you have had any convictions in the last 5 years and on top of that they usually ask if you have ever been banned or been banned in the last 10 yrs which leaves you open for increased premium.

Rob

MikeCardiff 25 August 2005 09:09 AM

Doesnt a 6 point penalty effect your insurance as well though ? I know most will ignore an SP30, but I thought it anything above this they started piling on the premium.

With hindsight, what the OP should have done to get it out of his system was drive to the nearest motorway, and do 60 on there instead - would have been fine and perfectly legal and still satisfied his 'need for speed'

Reality 25 August 2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
With hindsight, what the OP

What's an OP ?

VR46 25 August 2005 10:09 AM

Doesnt a 6 point penalty effect your insurance as well though ? I know most will ignore an SP30, but I thought it anything above this they started piling on the premium.

With hindsight, what the OP should have done to get it out of his system was drive to the nearest motorway, and do 60 on there instead - would have been fine and perfectly legal and still satisfied his 'need for speed'

Your not wrong in sayin that an sp30 will be ignored (if is the 1st 1), they will apply a small load on my policy but it will be somewhat less than if I had got a ban.

Rob

MikeCardiff 25 August 2005 11:04 AM

OP = Original Poster

Reality 25 August 2005 11:12 AM

OP = Original Poster

Cheers MC ;)