ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   X Factor contestants (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/450957-x-factor-contestants.html)

warrenm2 21 August 2005 02:53 AM

X Factor contestants

Is it just me or is the sight of a lump of a girl and her mother who looks like she belongs to a "whimisical travelling" community, telling Simon Cowell he "doesnt have a clue", and saying "you've ruined my daughters life" really sum up all thats wrong with this country?

Chip 21 August 2005 09:51 AM

Not really my sort of programme but it was on, I was watching it and was pi$$ing myself with laughter.

Amazes me that their families dont have the heart to tell them they are crap before making total fools of themselves.

Chip

Wish 21 August 2005 09:58 AM

But she could sing...................

NOT .... LOL

Wish 21 August 2005 10:01 AM

What about the geeky looking kid.

He was good. Very unexpected indeed. And Im sure will go far as the the woman watching it round my house all went "ahhh hes so qute" and im sure the rest of the female population will think this too.

dba 21 August 2005 10:09 AM

No,what summed up every cliche in the book,so much so I started to think they were plants from the anti-Chav league,was when the mum said;

"I will feet him,I will feet him................ya better than im"

ADP 21 August 2005 10:15 AM

funny I was just about to post this..........

I couldnt beleive her or her family basically saying her life was over, that was all she wanted to do and that basically he should feel obliged to let her through so that "her dream in life" was ruined??????? People get a grip! Stopping pinning your hopes on crazy dreams and building yourself up like nothing could go wrong! People are the same with the national lottery - I swear there are tens of thousands of people basically pinning their hopes on winning the lottery because they are too stupid to work their way out of their own misserable little low paid go no where lives, its sad.

And as for the parents on their knees begging..............have some pride ffs!

ADP 21 August 2005 10:17 AM

oh and just to put my foot in my mouth, they are the type of benefit seeking, free riding work dodging chav scum we could do with out - drop a bomb on them all, make Britain Great again :D lol telling it how it is :D

jods 21 August 2005 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Is it just me or is the sight of a lump of a girl and her mother who looks like she belongs to a "whimisical travelling" community, telling Simon Cowell he "doesnt have a clue", and saying "you've ruined my daughters life" really sum up all thats wrong with this country?

If that's the ugly fecker who bleated on and on about "I've failed again, boo hoo, I fail everything me. I can't not do nothing right whaa haaa" then I'll tell you one thing she obviously does right and that's shovel chips down her cavernous gob.

What a bloater :eek2:

scoobynutta555 21 August 2005 11:23 AM

qute?

The Chief 21 August 2005 11:51 AM

When i clocked her and she said she was 19 i thought f**k me she's had a few late nights if she's 19 years old.

Nice advert for Great Britain:cuckoo:

dba 21 August 2005 11:54 AM

The picture of the kids falling to the floor while she sobbed,the family begging on their knees,the curly perm with granny bald bits,the gruffy voiced mum threatening violence,ete,etc etc,it was almost too cliched,must have been a set up.

G00ner 21 August 2005 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by ADP
oh and just to put my foot in my mouth, they are the type of benefit seeking, free riding work dodging chav scum we could do with out - drop a bomb on them all, make Britain Great again :D lol telling it how it is :D

Can't agree more, the programme has a certain morbid fascination to it, but underneath it you know that you're paying taxes to keep them and it makes me sick, scrap the welfare state or move them all to the Isle of Wight.

MJW 21 August 2005 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief
When i clocked her and she said she was 19 i thought f**k me she's had a few late nights if she's 19 years old.

I wondered that as well. Maybe she had a paper round in Baghdad.

paulr 21 August 2005 12:19 PM

One of the things thats wrong with this country is people who take pleasure in putting down other people.
I felt slightly sorry for her.As talentless as she was,it obviously meant a lot to her.Poor lass.

The sight of her freinds begging was rather pathetic though.

ALi-B 21 August 2005 12:49 PM

It's sad to see people get so disillusioned into thinking they are so good. As for the mentioned girl, I cringed as soon as I saw her (like Cowell) I knew she would be hopeless.

But for her family to encourage her. How can THEY be so disillusioned as well? I know it's easy for people to fancy themselves and trying out their luck, but for the family to think that she really is that good. I mean encouraging your kids is fine, but you have to be able to tell them they are crap at something to make them realise that the dreamt goal will never happen in a million years.

They do seem to typify the kind of people we hate in the UK so much at the moment, and as dba says it seem to clichéd to be beliveable, but I do think they were genuine applicants but may have been playing up to the camera in hope of public compassion or in hope the press buys their story with the following headline "Cowell Ruined My Life", in your next News of the World or Sun ;)

The Chief 21 August 2005 12:49 PM

The thing is some of these people actually think they are good, surely someone would say 'hold on a minute, your not actually that could in fact your quite s**t at singing, i'm sure it does not take Simon to tell them FFS

The Chief 21 August 2005 12:51 PM

The thing is some of these people actually think they are good, surely someone would say 'hold on a minute, your not actually that **GOOD** in fact your quite s**t at singing, i'm sure it does not take Simon to tell them FFS

bloody hell whats wrong with me this morning!

mike1210 21 August 2005 12:55 PM

I was pissing my self when steve came back on the show, the rapper who thought last year he was Eminem. Not the greatest of freestyle battlers, but 10/10 for comedy value, fit birds he was with too

JTaylor 21 August 2005 01:00 PM

Watching it at the moment (by default: I jump on the PC, missus jumps on dodgy TV programmes). Don't know whether to laugh or cry......feel very sorry for the ones who think they're going to make it and have their dreams shattered by Cowell and crew....and then I snigger a bit.....mwooahahahaha :lol1:

paulr 21 August 2005 01:04 PM

The thing is some of these people actually think they are good, surely someone would say 'hold on a minute, your not actually that could in fact your quite s**t at singing, i'm sure it does not take Simon to tell them FFS

Everyone told Beckham he was too small to make it as a professsional footballer.Good job he never came on Scoobynet for encouragement.

The Chief 21 August 2005 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by paulr
Everyone told Beckham he was too small to make it as a professsional footballer.Good job he never came on Scoobynet for encouragement.

But at least he had a little talent, some of these are truly aweful and embarrasing to watch

paulr 21 August 2005 01:09 PM

But at least he had a little talent, some of these are truly aweful and embarrasing to watch

Ah,the guy who did the Jet song...........

The Chief 21 August 2005 01:12 PM

Ah,the guy who did the Jet song...........

To be honest i blame the editing i mean you dont seem to get the ok ones on the tv, you get the really good ones and then the absolutley aweful abysmal ones who make right cnuts of themselves, i was p***ing my sides laughing last night.

Freak 21 August 2005 02:03 PM

Im sure she will feel better once her next giro arrives

She had the perfect face for radio, and the perfect voice for 'singing books for the deaf'

FASTER MIKE!! 21 August 2005 02:53 PM

what about the couple that got chucked off by security:D then tellin cowell that all he's good for is cleaning windows! what a joke, not keen on the bloke but he does know what he's on about.

SD 21 August 2005 10:00 PM

Everyone is spot on.

The only one who I actually had any sympathy for was the older chap doing the John Lennon thing. Telling him he was barking was a little harsh, as he clearly wasn't a full chess set.

Next week looks to be a corker though - someone chucks a drink over one of the judges.

It's all worth watching just to see the egos of the chavs get a kicking. :D

Simon.

s70rjw 21 August 2005 10:31 PM

I had to watch it again on ITV 2 tonight to see her and her family being put to shame. The fact they saved the worst til last surely goes to show what ITV thought of her.

Abdabz 22 August 2005 08:55 AM

Is it downloadable off the interweb?
P

Kyl3cook 22 August 2005 08:58 AM

I think miss stirrup earings was possibly the finest example of chav....well......ever! she had the permanent wet hair look, and miserable face, big earings, ill fitting and wrong style clothes etc... she clearly thought she was a stunner! and so did her family.

I will say that her voice wasn't awful, but I don't think it was good enough. She could hold a note, but it was just boring monotony.

MattW 22 August 2005 09:56 AM

Fook me, he's over 6' tall, do you mean skinny?