ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   about 3 or 4 scoobs,meir tunnel stoke on trent (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/450015-about-3-or-4-scoobs-meir-tunnel-stoke-on-trent.html)

hello 17 August 2005 12:08 AM

about 3 or 4 scoobs,meir tunnel stoke on trent

What sort of speeds were you lot going at through there then?
I was nearly deafened aswell.

I briefly shaw a
white wagon
yellow sti
red wagon
and a big black thing,forester i think,fook:eek: you lot were shifting

skoosh 17 August 2005 07:19 PM

They sound alot faster than they actually are....................;)

Skoosh..........white turbo wagon lookalike GL....................;).

assti 17 August 2005 07:43 PM

Always obey the speed limits. My speed awareness course taught me that.

assti 17 August 2005 07:44 PM

Also like to add. this is the first time I've been spotted. Yellow STI V6

speedydaveb 17 August 2005 07:57 PM

I was in the red wagon, but it wasn't me driving!

It did sound good, it's suprising how fast it sounds like you are going when FSD in first gear ;)

Can't say I noticed any other scoobs on the three trips we did through the tunnel! :D

Yep, the 'big black thing' was a forester, Danny's and it's quick!

hello 17 August 2005 10:04 PM

I was on my way home night shift, when you lot came flying past.
I was in a volvo estate,went to fill up at bp then when i was on my way home through the tunnel again,could'nt believe it,you lot came flying past again.

Are flame ment to come out of those exhausts? or are they those dodgey flame kits?

speedydaveb 17 August 2005 10:39 PM

:D

Originally Posted by hello
Are flame ment to come out of those exhausts? or are they those dodgey flame kits?

No flamer kits on these scoobs, must have been the real McCoy! :norty:
Andy (red wagon) was getting the odd backfire when shifting, which car(s) was it?

dj219957 17 August 2005 10:56 PM

Flames! Which one? That could be the esso super! Ill never fill up with anything but optimax again. Im still seeing green and amber dots when i close my eyes!

Andy

"..never went over 30mph officer..just talking me mum home from shopping....oh, the exhaust.. yeh it is booked in to be fixed as i tink its blowing a bit..lol

dannytwo 17 August 2005 11:31 PM

twas me in my GLS forester:)did'nt have much diesel left after that good run out.
When i got home i parked it next to my trackor,then settled down with my pipe,
the missus had just finished milking the cows.
:)

dannytwo 17 August 2005 11:33 PM

ps
would'nt have been flames coming out of my exhaust,probably the kids putting cow **** in it again,the little buggers:)

hello 19 August 2005 07:22 PM

The flames were coming out of the white wagon and the black forrester.but it seemed like you where all popping and banging.

nice motors lads:)

skoosh 19 August 2005 09:34 PM

Not sure that flames are too good.........probably why wagon's booked in next week for head gasket change + cambelt change + all engine seals.

Full decat always helps flames though............;)

Si.

subaru swift 19 August 2005 10:34 PM

hope your car is done mint si because my car car in after yours ;-( same things plus some other little upgrades ! ;-)

speedydaveb 20 August 2005 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by subaru swift
hope your car is done mint si because my car car in after yours ;-( same things plus some other little upgrades ! ;-)

It's about time you came out on a run with us, I'm not sure that I have seen your car yet!

Got my headers and up-pipe back from being ported last night, fitting them today after wrapping them. :)